“UNREAL RESORT” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Grand Rose Hall to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Rose Hall
Auburn, Ny
“UNREAL RESORT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have been to Aruba a few times, the Dominican a few times, Jamaica once, Cancun a couple of times....This resort is the BEST we have seen. It was our second time here.We stayed April 18th-26th.

We stayed in Room 5419. Great view of the Ocean and Pool. Our Butlers wer Raymond and Dwyne he they were awesome. We tried to make dinner reservations for the first two nights by email, but they never got confirmed. Raymond took care of this for us and Dwayne made the rest of our reservations for us.

ROOM: Awesome. Very big. Spotless. We asked for maid service at 9:00 am each day and the maid was there promply at that time. Turn Down service was very nice also. The Balcony is gorgeous and big and a great view. Our Butler kept our bar stocked as we liked it.

FOOD: Buffet for breakfast was very good. Omlett station and eggs cooked to order daily. Good variety of food. Lunch Buffet was also very good. A good variety of meats and pasta available.
Our Favorite Restaurant was Surf and Turf. SASHA is the Best server ever! We ate there 4 times and loved it everytime. The Scallop appetizer is to die for... We ordered the Filet and shrimp each time and it was great. The French Restaurant was our next favorite. They had a good variety.. Lamb chops and filet very good. The Italian Rest. was our next fav. We ordered ravioli ( which were good). The Japanese rest was good, but our lest fav. We did not eat at the buffet for dinner at all.

DRINKS: Very good. They had Red Stripe, Red Stripe Lt. and Heineken. All top shelf liquors. Our Drinks were never empty because the service is outstanding.

POOL: AWESOME. We are pool people. At 7:00 am you can get Towels and find chairs. If you want a float, ask for it then The shade spots go pretty quickly, but we like the chairs in the sun so we got the spots we wanted daily. We never felt crowed because of the size of the Pools. There is a swim up bar in 1 pool, an activity pool (volleyball, basketball, etc.) and a quiet pool ( which we really enjoyed). Service around the pool was fantastic. You never went long without a drink.

BEACH: We walked the beach a couple of times. It is good size, but not very big. Thats fine with us because we enjoy the pool area much better.

ENTERTAINMENT: Great. This staff works so hard and puts on great shows at night. There are also bands there on certain nights. They are real good. The lobby bar also has a saxaphone player, piano player and flute player on some nights.

STAFF: These workers bust their butt to make you happy. Everyone was always asking if everything was ok, or if we needed anything else. They provide activities during the day (if you want to participate). They are not pushy... If you do not want to be involved a polite no thank you is fine.

There is so much more I can say about this Resort, but I tried to hit the main parts of it. THIS RESORT IS AWESOME. We will be going back again next year.

One thing, these workers work real hard...a few dollars goes along way. We tipped at every dinner and when we were brought drinks. We felt the workers didn't expect to get tips, but were very appreciative when they did.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Tom

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor. Our room had a great view and was huge!.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your warm review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room, food, drinks, pool ambience, beach, entertainment, and staff. We are always grateful for the feedback from our guests as it assists us in making amendments to problem areas, and of course the positive comments motivate our staff. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

3,547 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,080)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights and the reviews don't lie anyone with complaints must be stuck up beyond belief the resort is top notch, food is amazing and the service cannot be matched big thanks to Jerry and Fitzroy the bartenders

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We are honored to hear that we were able to meet your discerning standards in every way. Your review will also serve as a reward to our hardworking team who work tirelessly to meet all our guests’ needs. Please come again soon as we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Knightdale, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Angellie, Jo-Dane (pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm) in Public Relations and Daniel (gm.grand@iberostar.com.jm) as the General Manager, you knew this was post was coming. :)

My husband and I have gone on several trips to adults-only all-inclusives over the past few years, so we are no stranger to them. Our first vacation to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall had several hiccups throughout the week that could have been overlooked until my iPhone5 was stolen from our room the day before we left to come home. I'll get to that part later...

First, check-in was a breeze, and we were even upgraded when the hotel found out our luggage had been delayed and wouldn't arrive for another four hours. We were thrilled with Dane's service at the front desk. He even escorted us to our room, but unfortunately it smelled like cigarette smokers had been staying in it. We specifically asked for a non-smoking room, and questioned Dane about it, but he assured us that it was non-smoking. We thought maybe this was just the way the rooms smelled. We also had to wash every single article of clothing we had packed for the week once we got home because everything smelled like the room.

We saw our day butler, Okeiene, a handful of times. It was our night butler, Wheeler, who was incredibly helpful. He got us the pillows we requested and drew us a lovely bubble bath on our first night. He also made our dinner reservations for the first and second nights as well.

On our second day, I called the concierge desk to make dinner reservations for the rest of the week. I spoke with Joelle or Jolene or whatever her name was in our building (building 5), and she told me that all of the restaurants were fully booked for the week. I kindly asked her how we were supposed to get reservations when we just arrived the day before. It was at this point that she put me on hold without saying a word. She basically hung up on me. When I heard her come back to the line, I had to say, "Hello? Did you hear what I asked you?" before she even spoke to me. She told me there was nothing she could do, so I asked her to have our butler call me back. Wheeler called and ended up making us reservations at a different every night for the remainder of our stay. Wonder how those restaurants magically had openings for Wheeler but not Joelle?? Not much of a concierge service from Jolene if you ask me - might want to get a better attitude for such a service-driven position.

Our shower drain didn't work at all, and we were afraid that we'd flood the bathroom each time we took a shower. We ended up putting towels under the shower door just in case. Our room did not receive housekeeping the day before we left, but we're not sure why. Otherwise, the room and bathroom were clean and well taken care of. The rooms do not have wireless, so bring your own router and ethernet cord if you want wifi in your room.

We were at the pool one day when my husband walked by a lifeguard who said hello. He began talking with my husband and during their conversation, he asked if my husband wanted to buy any ganga (marijuana). Now, I realize we were in Jamaica where it runs wild and free, and we are far from prudes, but he was SHOCKED to get this kind of question from a staff person at the hotel since marijuana is illegal in Jamaica. My husband declined his offer, but the lifeguard told him to let him know if he changed his mind. They obviously sell a decent amount of this stuff since they even sell pipes and rolling papers out in the open in the gift shop.

Finally, we got back to our room after our last full day at the pool and beach, hoping to get a little rest before packing up to head home the next day. It turns out that my cell phone was missing. We turned the room upside down, tried to track it online, call it, text it, face time it etc. before calling security since it had apparently been stolen (they didn't bother to steal our other iPhone, iPad, iPod, AppleTV, wireless router or professional quality Nikon DSLR camera). The phone had not left the room since we arrived six days before. Security came and searched the room as well, and it didn't turn up. I filled out a report and was told we should hear something before our 8:30am check out the next day. As you can see from this post, I never got an answer before we left, and the only answer I've gotten since emailing them (email addresses above) SEVERAL times is (basically): "I'm sorry. We don't know who took it. Hope you will come again and let us try to make your stay better." While they comp'd my spa treatment (a massage that could've been done better by a four year old) before we left, they are yet to offer us any other type of compensation for the almost $700 we have had to come out of pocket to replace my phone.

Let me tell you, Iberostar, we will never stay at your hotels again. We will never refer any family, friends, Trip Advisor readers, readers of my blog and Facebook to stay at your hotels. Your staff in Jamaica is sprinkled with thieves. We paid thousands of dollars to spend seven days at your resort, and I expect better from your people. The least your multi-million dollar corporation could do is make this situation right.

If you are thinking about staying here, think again. And if you do take the chance and visit this resort, lock up everything that has value to you unless you want it stolen. They are obviously not the type of establishment to do the ethically correct thing and compensate guests for such violations and inconveniences, so err on the side of caution.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here at all. If you do, lock up all your valuables.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing to review your experience on this website. As it was indicated to you from our first correspondence concerning your theft report, as an organized institution we already have a specific procedure to handle any loss experienced by our guest. We are certain that you can appreciate that a hotel chain such as ours, must undergo extensive investigative research into the incident in accordance with the standard requirement of our Insurers. Various Departments must also liaise, such as Senior management, Public Relations, Security and the local Police. Hence it takes some time to assimilate all the facts of the case, and submit to our Insurance Company.

On April 18th the day before you had to leave hotel you brought this matter to us and were persistently demanding for a compensation in which you asked us to comp some of the nights of your stay or the money back for the phone, in order to show our sincere interest and attention to assist in your query, as a gesture of good will from a customer service standpoint we took the decision to waive the spa charges. We also explained that it would not be possible to offer complimentary nights of your stay in order to compensate for your phone. Offering compensation before the matter is referred to our Insurers would be a breach of our Insurance Policy.

Since your check-out, we forwarded your report of your lost/stolen phone to our insurance company, including your request for compensation. It should be noted too, that we have since received a negative response from the Insurance Company. They have reminded us that compensation and any reimbursement of the lost phone would only be relevant if it had been secured in the Room Safe. We therefore conclude this matter to say that, regrettably due to the failure to have utilized the safe to secure your phone, we are unable to compensate for its’ subsequent loss. Storing an item in safe validates that the owner took a duty of care in securing the item - the provision of room safes also indicates that our Hotel exercises due diligence in securing the valuables of all our valued guests.

To this end, we are genuinely sorry about the negative impression you have of our property as it was our intention to ensure you had an excellent vacation. We reiterate our wish to be able to welcome you back in the future and show you our usual high level of service.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I accidentally posted this review on the Grand Bavaro Page instead of here for Rose Hall, so here goes again.

We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro in Punta Cana and were highly satisfied and loved the Grand, but decided to save a few bucks on our next trip the following year and go with the middle resort at the Iberostar Rose Hall. However upon arrival, that resort was overbooked with families on spring break, and we were upgraded to the Grand. After our second experience of the Grand Collection, it will be hard to ever go back.

Much of the resort was similar to Punta Cana, similar restaurants, pool area and overall amenities. I ranked Jamaica slightly higher because I preferred the Jamaican rum, and the staff was nicer and provided better overall service. We made friends with several different bartenders at both the pool and lobby bars. My wife was pregnant, and they were always able to make her something good and fruity without alcohol.

We did not go into town, but other people we talked to went in a few nights and it was a $20-$30 cab ride, so that is an option if you are looking to leave the resort. Same for the airport. We had already booked a shuttle, but cabs might be cheaper and more flexible than the shared ride shuttles.

I would love to come back, but would have to leave our daughter at home. We did walk through the whole resort, and the middle tier was a little noisier at the pool, and the alcohol selection was not as good at the pool bars, but we would probably give it a try on a family trip. We ate at one Ala Cart restaurant there and it was good. Pretty sure I ordered wine or a drink that was not available at that resort, but they saw we were wearing bracelets for the Grand and they got it for us.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We are grateful that you had chosen our resort on this particular trip. To this end, we were thrilled to hear that we surpassed your expectations as it related to our staff, service, and drink selection. It is hoped that from now on, you will think of the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall as your vacation “home away from home”. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back very soon.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed from 4/21-4/26 in room 6117.....oceanfront view right above the beach...Treated like family and celebrity at the same time! These workers go above an beyond to make you feel welcome so we tried to tip everyone, although it was not required...no one acted as if they expected it, which was nice. The buffets were fantastic! Actually better than some of the restaurants. Our butlers were very nice, turn down service, every night, top shelf liquor, mini bar replenished everyday. The surf & turf was nice although my filet mingon was a bit under cooked for my liking... Besides that service was outstanding, we plan to go back again soon!

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous feedback. We are pleased to have been able to play an integral role in your honeymoon. We are thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us. Your specific comments about our food, butler service, beverages, minibar service and specialty restaurants will also serve to encourage our team. We look forward to sharing other milestones with you, e.g your wedding anniversary, so please come again soon.

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have to say this being our 3rd time there, and knowing the service can be spotty, I was a bit nervous!!!! I emailed ahead of time and we were upgraded to an ocean front room so that started the trip off so right!!! Onto what other people have reviewed.... The butler service, um well never been good for us, but no big deal! He didn't even come greet us once, but not a big deal to us ,but can see where another might be miffed!!! The food is good, I have stayed at the Rosewood Mayakoba and its much pricier than the Grand, but the Grand had better food, in my opinion...
As others have stated top shelf alcohol so that's a bonus. We met a couple that were there to celebrate the husbands birthday and wife was told, oh we will do something special, that didn't anything:( she was not terribly angry just annoyed that they said they would do something and did not follow through!!!! So with that being said, the service can be VERY spotty at times:( When I read the reviews of how Wonderful everything was, I think count your lucky stars, because we have never had the full beginning to end great service. I always give 5 stars because we do enjoy ourselves, we try and focus on positive not the negative! Although sometimes they do make it hard:/ We will definitely go back, it's getting to be pricy, but I think we'll worth it:)

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We are always grateful to hear the feedback from our guests as it helps to guide us in gauging the service that we offer to guests. Through your review and others, we recognize that at times the Butler service may not be consistent. Currently, we are in the midst of making improvements, however, we rely on the feedback from guests whilst in-house so that we can make steps to improve your stay before your depart. Guests may either call their Concierge or the Public Relations Manager to communicate their special requests. Before arriving guests may also email pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm to mention special occasions you are celebrating and/or any special needs.

Please accept our profound apology for the fact that you were not able to meet up with your Butler. Quite often though, especially for guests who spend a great deal of time outside, the Butler may keep checking the room and the guests are out. This may especially happen with guests who are here for a very short stay.

We look forward to serving you a 4th time and hope that we can make your next stay even more enjoyable and hassle-free.

South Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our 4th trip to the Iberostar in the past 18 months. I can't stay away. Everything about this place is relaxing and enjoyable from the check- in to check- out. After 4 return trips everyone on the staff knows us, from Natalie the front desk manager to the cleaning lady in the lower lobby. They go out of their way to ask us if we're having a good time or if there is anything they can do. The food and service is great, from starting our day with Judy at the buffet to a late dinner with Avery or Fitzroy at the Italian restaurant or Steak House. The Entertainment staff is top notch always taking time during the day to say hi and to make sure you're having a good time. This is an all-inclusive resort that is not lacking in any way. We will be back in December, counting the days.

Room Tip: I will not tell you what room we always have because i want to make sure it's available when we...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your review with other prospective travellers. We were pleased to welcome you and your wife back recently. Through your many visits we now feel like you are family, so you may notice that as you walk through the hallways, so many of our staff are enquiring how you are or trying to find out if you need anything. We continue to look forward to your visits, but on this last visit, it was especially a delight to see the progress your wife had made after her recent operation. Our Management and Staff looks forward to welcoming you back in December, and remind you to feel free to call or email us anytime at pr.grandrh@iberostar.com.jm.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall? Share your experiences!