“Would Definately go back!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

You added Iberostar Grand Rose Hall to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada
“Would Definately go back!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We got married November 27,2012. It was excellent from beginning to end.

Check in and check out team was excellent! Everyone I encountered was very professional and easy to talk to.

The food. I do not know how people can actually complain. The buffet was tasty and had traditional Jamaican food!!! Yummy!! there is variety and something for everyone.

Out of all the restaurants our favorite was the Italian restaurant !!!! The salmon was perfection. I thought the wines were very good.

The entertainment and the entertainment staff was one the best I have seen at an all inclusive resort. It was not cheesey by any means. Very talented staff cudos!!

Room service staff was always courteous and I was able to request favorite dishes for breakfast like Ackee and saltfish.

Also butlers and staff followed up and checked in with us.

Nice touches were that the staff remember who you are.

The Suite

We were upgraded to ocean front. Wow nice view. The room was clean spacious and the incense was nice. we also like receiving the local paper.

The Wedding November 27th

The Wedding Coordinators .... All I have to say is the hotel management should be very proud of Janielle and Syrecka. Correspondence was responded in a timely manner and we had many phone contacts before the wedding. When we met with Janielle, she was so very organized all we had to was review. Janielle and Syrecka went above and beyond and Janielle executed our vision for the perfect day and we did not have to worry about anything. Our 46 guests had a great time and the bride and groom were very happy!!! The D.J I can't believe his name escapes me just now but he was great!! He got the crowd going and had something for everyone!! The steel band thank you for making the day so magical and beautiful.
We ordered rum and blue mountain coffee for our guests as a last minute thing through the rum store. The young lady in the store who help us with the gift choices thank you so much !

The Salon staff was excellent and my hair was beautiful and my bridesmaid loved her makeup. I highly recommend to use the hotel resources you will not be disappointed.

The hotel photographer Atto, did an excellent job, he was patient and captured the day and most of all the pictures were so good it was so hard to chose we ended buying more photos than our package.

The main thing for us was that they enjoyed their trip because they came a long way! They did!!! Only thing that happened that was not good was my dad's blackberry and his iPod speakers were missing from his bag ( which he did not lock) we believe 3days before they left. We believe it could have been taken when they changed rooms for checkout. We know that these things can happen but what is important for us is how the resort responds and we need to know that at the very least that it would be looked into and what one person did does not reflect the rest of the staff or the resort. I believe Angellie has responded and the hotel are looking into the matter. We do not know if anything will come of it but we appreciated that there was response. I wish it didn't happened because they had a great time otherwise. I would like them to come back again.

Regardless, we would definitely come back to the Grand and are planning for 2013 for our 1st year anniversary.

Thank you for a great time !!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We are honored that you chose our resort as the hosts of your recent nuptials. It was our pleasure to hear that the quality of our food, restaurants, entertainment, and personalized service had met your high expectations.

Our Management team are well aware that our Wedding and Spa Team make an exceptional contribution to our brides’ overall satisfaction. So it is indeed delightful to hear that our guests are also appreciative of those dedicated team members.

We are sorry to hear about the loss of your father’s personal items and invite you to email pr.grand@iberostar.com.jm to follow-up on the status of that matter.

Please come again soon as we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,172)
  • Polish first
East Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

A awesome place for a vacation. Brilliant service, luxurious acco with your own personal butler. Food was great, and with an all-inclusive program, there was always someone attentive to get your favorite drink to you. Only hitch is the constant tipping, but you get over it!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ocean View junior Suite - which was fab!
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. Your comments regarding our service, food and staff will also serve to inspire our team, who work assiduously to ensure your satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again soon and hope that you will be returning in the near future.

Hale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Our 4th return vist.... being met by Natalie and Alba at the front desk and other rememberd faces. Check in so easy and swiftly shown to our beach view rooms. As always delightful, very clean. The bed soo comfy and a menu to decide which pillows one would like. The ones in the room were perfect
The service is always tip top and the Jamaicans very friendly. Pleased to see familiar faces being the Food and Beverage Managers Carlos & Santos with the Iberostars wonderful chef. The food could not be faulted. We preferred the Surf n Turf as well as the Japannese and I especially enjoyed the Buffet which was continually monitored and refreshed with a splendid selection of International cuisine. Never in the 2 weeks we were there did I ever see tired food!!! Nothing was too much trouble and any whim catered for. The whole experience has kept us returning. Excellent value for money. Superb food. Friendly staff. Very clean. Any problems with the rooms were dealt within moments..... even though the 2nd week was Christmas week and extremely busy. The beach did get busy. The only beaches I have not found busy at these peak times have been in Mauritius and the Seychelles ... back to the little gem in Montego Bay. The staff kept the beach clean, fresh towels available all day and the drink service constant and friendly. Entertainment was all there for the active but the entertainment crew were also aware of those who did not care for anything other than relaxation
Nothing is too much trouble.... and is done with such grace..one can't remember if you did ask for something or not!!!!
To have to pick at anything bad would be differ cult but these are a couple of points
NO wifi...... apart from the lobby....with only a few private chairs and tables for one who wants to Skype or Face time. This is cheered with two delightful waitresses Yolanda and Racheal serving drinks and small bowels of warm popcorn.. mmmm!!!
Some of the restaurants have a corporate feel about them. So they lack personality or warmth... which could maybe be improved with inspirational lighting or dropped ceilings
Some parts of the hotel just starting to show a little age. Our desk had a chip in it which may have been there last year. However. There were teams of people constantly redecorating rooms. Corridors,carpets,gardens,decorations were constantly being cleaned changed or manicured
The gym was dull and did not motivate me to go back..... Think the food was calling me louder!!!
Tipping. No idea. It certainly was not expected by most of the staff. The Americans do.... This year as I spent the first week on my own awaiting the family... Well I did too. Not constantly to the point I had to remember money every day but to the people who helped me on a daily basis...yes I did. As I say it was not expected but they were very grateful
Bedrooms in my opinion with the best view would be the ocean ones. The sound of the ocean.... the most relaxing and comfortable beds ever
The pool and beach supplies are also loaded with complimentary sun creams, books, games and lilo's to use
Enjoy. Eat and relax. There's no 'worries' at the Grand Rose Hall

• Stayed December 2012
SantoValdez, Quality Manger - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. We are grateful that you chose the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall as your hosts for your recent vacation to the Caribbean. Your compliments regarding our staff, entertainment, cleanliness, rooms and amenities were also noted. Your review will serve as a source of motivation for our staff who work tirelessly to ensure your satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again in the near future and trust that you will not hesitate to return soon.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I'll start by saying that last year I went to an all-inclusive resort in the Dom. Republic, and was hesitant to ever try it again because of poor service and bad food. My girlfriend and I decided to try the Iberostar, and thank God we did! The staff was extremely professional, friendly, and helpful. Like other reviewers have stated, you are welcomed with a cold towel and a mimosa while you check in at the front desk. Then a porter escorts you to your room, and gives you the highlights of this beautiful resort. The rooms are very spacious and well decorated. We stayed in an oceanfront suite, and the view was absolutely breathtaking. Imagine waking up in the morning, and having room service bring you an omelet and mimosa while gazing into the clear blue ocean, and that's what we experienced.

The restauants were delicious, particularly the Japanese steakhouse, and Surf & Turf. They also have a lunch/breakfast buffet at the restaurant on the beach so you don't have to walk back to the hotel to have a delicious quality lunch, and you can still enjoy the scenary. Another thing that separated the Iberostar from my previous stay was that waitresses are constantly checking in on you on the beach to see if they can get you a drink. The pool area is also gorgeous, and there are lots of covered areas for all of those looking to relax.

I really can't say enough good things about the staff. Everyone has a smile on their face, and every question is answered with "no worries" or "no problem." It makes you wonder what it would be like if we all treated each other with kindness and a smile. If you're looking for a relaxing, beautiful place to get away in the Carribean, I highly recommend the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall for your recent vacation. We feel a tremendous sense of responsibility in ensuring that all our guests are satisfied. It is for this reason why we are so elated that you opted to spend your vacation with us. It was a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our rooms, restaurants, staff and warm service. We invite you to come again soon as it would be an honor to welcome you back.

Chicago, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

A very nice hotel with all the amenities. Our only complaint was that people "reserved " beach chairs very early in the morning and it was difficult to get a chair if you didn't go down early to get one. One guest told us he "paid" for his chairs, which led us to believe some employees of the hotel must have taken money to get chairs for guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your invaluable feedback. Your feedback is an invaluable tool in making improvements to our system. To this end, we apologize for the fact that some guests continue to reserve chairs with various personal items. Whilst we try to curtail the practice by taking up items, please understand this is a problem that all resorts in the Caribbean face. We do take up items that have been left unattended for a long time, but there are genuine moments when the guest might have left the beach/pool chair to enjoy the water or to get a drink. We suggest to guests faced with this problem, to report their observations to the Pool Concierge. Please also understand that we cannot promise guests that they will ALL have a seat facing the beach/pool.

It is unfortunate that the beach/pool chair situation marred your vacation experience, but we hope that you were able to enjoy other aspects of our service. Please be assured we will be looking into the matter with a view to correcting that problem. We look forward to serving you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights and the reviews don't lie anyone with complaints must be stuck up beyond belief the resort is top notch, food is amazing and the service cannot be matched big thanks to Jerry and Fitzroy the bartenders Jason at the Japanese cannot be beat amazing cook and entertainer stay here and enjoy its perfect.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your opinion of our service. We at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall are always delighted to hear feedback from our valued guests. So it was very rewarding to be complimented on our food, service, staff and property in general. We hope this means that you intend on returning soon as it would be our pleasure to serve you again.

Gardner, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I am so happy I chose this resort to have my destination wedding! When we arrived the bellman (Marvin) handed us some cold towels. Check in was a breeze while waiting they brought us mimosas. Marvin then took our luggage to our room while explaining everything we needed to know. We had an oceanview room which was beautiful. Our butler (Darwin) made us feel right at home.
The waiter (Garth at the Gourmet resturant), The waiteress (Racquel at the lobby bar), The bartender (Clive at the lobby bar) could not have been nicer to us. Oh not to mention Clive and Racquel sure know how to make a drink!!
The wedding coordinators (Janielle & Syrecka) helped make my wedding very special. Janielle was there every time I needed her.
Lorraine at the spa did a wonderful job on my hair and make up!!
Ato and the videographer really did an amazing job capturing some wonderful memories of my wedding.
There were mulitple daily activies to keep us entertained as well as nightly entertainment. Thanks to all the Star friends!
It is impossible to have a bad experience at the Iberostar Grand.
ALL the employees did an amazing job and went above and beyond expectations to make this the most memorable vacation EVER!!
Thank you Iberostar Grand and ALL the employees for a dream vacation and even more importantly my dream wedding!!
I am looking forward to spending my 1yr anniversary at the Iberstar Grand.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We appreciated your kind words regarding our wedding coordinators, spa staff, photographer and videographer who assisted with your wedding. The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall takes great pride in planning beautiful and memorable weddings for our Brides. So we were proud to hear your compliments. We look forward to serving you again, perhaps on the occasion of your vacation/wedding anniversary. It would be a privilege to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations even further.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall? Share your experiences!