“A Star in Jamaica” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Grand Rose Hall to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rose Hall, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Hale, United Kingdom
“A Star in Jamaica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Our 4th return vist.... being met by Natalie and Alba at the front desk and other rememberd faces. Check in so easy and swiftly shown to our beach view rooms. As always delightful, very clean. The bed soo comfy and a menu to decide which pillows one would like. The ones in the room were perfect
The service is always tip top and the Jamaicans very friendly. Pleased to see familiar faces being the Food and Beverage Managers Carlos & Santos with the Iberostars wonderful chef. The food could not be faulted. We preferred the Surf n Turf as well as the Japannese and I especially enjoyed the Buffet which was continually monitored and refreshed with a splendid selection of International cuisine. Never in the 2 weeks we were there did I ever see tired food!!! Nothing was too much trouble and any whim catered for. The whole experience has kept us returning. Excellent value for money. Superb food. Friendly staff. Very clean. Any problems with the rooms were dealt within moments..... even though the 2nd week was Christmas week and extremely busy. The beach did get busy. The only beaches I have not found busy at these peak times have been in Mauritius and the Seychelles ... back to the little gem in Montego Bay. The staff kept the beach clean, fresh towels available all day and the drink service constant and friendly. Entertainment was all there for the active but the entertainment crew were also aware of those who did not care for anything other than relaxation
Nothing is too much trouble.... and is done with such grace..one can't remember if you did ask for something or not!!!!
To have to pick at anything bad would be differ cult but these are a couple of points
NO wifi...... apart from the lobby....with only a few private chairs and tables for one who wants to Skype or Face time. This is cheered with two delightful waitresses Yolanda and Racheal serving drinks and small bowels of warm popcorn.. mmmm!!!
Some of the restaurants have a corporate feel about them. So they lack personality or warmth... which could maybe be improved with inspirational lighting or dropped ceilings
Some parts of the hotel just starting to show a little age. Our desk had a chip in it which may have been there last year. However. There were teams of people constantly redecorating rooms. Corridors,carpets,gardens,decorations were constantly being cleaned changed or manicured
The gym was dull and did not motivate me to go back..... Think the food was calling me louder!!!
Tipping. No idea. It certainly was not expected by most of the staff. The Americans do.... This year as I spent the first week on my own awaiting the family... Well I did too. Not constantly to the point I had to remember money every day but to the people who helped me on a daily basis...yes I did. As I say it was not expected but they were very grateful
Bedrooms in my opinion with the best view would be the ocean ones. The sound of the ocean.... the most relaxing and comfortable beds ever
The pool and beach supplies are also loaded with complimentary sun creams, books, games and lilo's to use
Enjoy. Eat and relax. There's no 'worries' at the Grand Rose Hall

• Stayed December 2012
SantoValdez, Quality Manger - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. We are grateful that you chose the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall as your hosts for your recent vacation to the Caribbean. Your compliments regarding our staff, entertainment, cleanliness, rooms and amenities were also noted. Your review will serve as a source of motivation for our staff who work tirelessly to ensure your satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again in the near future and trust that you will not hesitate to return soon.

Quality Manger - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,119)
  • Polish first
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I'll start by saying that last year I went to an all-inclusive resort in the Dom. Republic, and was hesitant to ever try it again because of poor service and bad food. My girlfriend and I decided to try the Iberostar, and thank God we did! The staff was extremely professional, friendly, and helpful. Like other reviewers have stated, you are welcomed with a cold towel and a mimosa while you check in at the front desk. Then a porter escorts you to your room, and gives you the highlights of this beautiful resort. The rooms are very spacious and well decorated. We stayed in an oceanfront suite, and the view was absolutely breathtaking. Imagine waking up in the morning, and having room service bring you an omelet and mimosa while gazing into the clear blue ocean, and that's what we experienced.

The restauants were delicious, particularly the Japanese steakhouse, and Surf & Turf. They also have a lunch/breakfast buffet at the restaurant on the beach so you don't have to walk back to the hotel to have a delicious quality lunch, and you can still enjoy the scenary. Another thing that separated the Iberostar from my previous stay was that waitresses are constantly checking in on you on the beach to see if they can get you a drink. The pool area is also gorgeous, and there are lots of covered areas for all of those looking to relax.

I really can't say enough good things about the staff. Everyone has a smile on their face, and every question is answered with "no worries" or "no problem." It makes you wonder what it would be like if we all treated each other with kindness and a smile. If you're looking for a relaxing, beautiful place to get away in the Carribean, I highly recommend the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall for your recent vacation. We feel a tremendous sense of responsibility in ensuring that all our guests are satisfied. It is for this reason why we are so elated that you opted to spend your vacation with us. It was a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our rooms, restaurants, staff and warm service. We invite you to come again soon as it would be an honor to welcome you back.

Chicago, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

A very nice hotel with all the amenities. Our only complaint was that people "reserved " beach chairs very early in the morning and it was difficult to get a chair if you didn't go down early to get one. One guest told us he "paid" for his chairs, which led us to believe some employees of the hotel must have taken money to get chairs for guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your invaluable feedback. Your feedback is an invaluable tool in making improvements to our system. To this end, we apologize for the fact that some guests continue to reserve chairs with various personal items. Whilst we try to curtail the practice by taking up items, please understand this is a problem that all resorts in the Caribbean face. We do take up items that have been left unattended for a long time, but there are genuine moments when the guest might have left the beach/pool chair to enjoy the water or to get a drink. We suggest to guests faced with this problem, to report their observations to the Pool Concierge. Please also understand that we cannot promise guests that they will ALL have a seat facing the beach/pool.

It is unfortunate that the beach/pool chair situation marred your vacation experience, but we hope that you were able to enjoy other aspects of our service. Please be assured we will be looking into the matter with a view to correcting that problem. We look forward to serving you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights and the reviews don't lie anyone with complaints must be stuck up beyond belief the resort is top notch, food is amazing and the service cannot be matched big thanks to Jerry and Fitzroy the bartenders Jason at the Japanese cannot be beat amazing cook and entertainer stay here and enjoy its perfect.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your opinion of our service. We at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall are always delighted to hear feedback from our valued guests. So it was very rewarding to be complimented on our food, service, staff and property in general. We hope this means that you intend on returning soon as it would be our pleasure to serve you again.

Gardner, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I am so happy I chose this resort to have my destination wedding! When we arrived the bellman (Marvin) handed us some cold towels. Check in was a breeze while waiting they brought us mimosas. Marvin then took our luggage to our room while explaining everything we needed to know. We had an oceanview room which was beautiful. Our butler (Darwin) made us feel right at home.
The waiter (Garth at the Gourmet resturant), The waiteress (Racquel at the lobby bar), The bartender (Clive at the lobby bar) could not have been nicer to us. Oh not to mention Clive and Racquel sure know how to make a drink!!
The wedding coordinators (Janielle & Syrecka) helped make my wedding very special. Janielle was there every time I needed her.
Lorraine at the spa did a wonderful job on my hair and make up!!
Ato and the videographer really did an amazing job capturing some wonderful memories of my wedding.
There were mulitple daily activies to keep us entertained as well as nightly entertainment. Thanks to all the Star friends!
It is impossible to have a bad experience at the Iberostar Grand.
ALL the employees did an amazing job and went above and beyond expectations to make this the most memorable vacation EVER!!
Thank you Iberostar Grand and ALL the employees for a dream vacation and even more importantly my dream wedding!!
I am looking forward to spending my 1yr anniversary at the Iberstar Grand.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We appreciated your kind words regarding our wedding coordinators, spa staff, photographer and videographer who assisted with your wedding. The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall takes great pride in planning beautiful and memorable weddings for our Brides. So we were proud to hear your compliments. We look forward to serving you again, perhaps on the occasion of your vacation/wedding anniversary. It would be a privilege to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations even further.

Oakville, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was diligent in reading the reviews preparing for our trip to the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, December 14 for 5 nights, I wondered if it could really live up to the acclamations it was receiving on here but luckily enough it did.

Check-in: wonderful, friendly, the lady knew our names as we approached the desk. She checked us in and had us to our room very quickly.

The room: clean and spacious. 2 things for the room would be nice to have a double outlet at the desk so that when you use your computer you can plug both your device and lamp in, and for the washroom I would have liked to have seen the toilet portion in frosted glass surround for some privacy. But if this the only bad thing (which isn't even meant to be bad) then you really can't go wrong.

Restaurants: all very good, favourites were the Japanese and Gourmet.

Pools/Beach: clean and beautiful. Plenty of space for everyone.

Entertainment staff: awesome totally friendly, they include everyone, if you do not wish to participate simply say you are not interested, they do not harass. Bubbles, Kiki, and G-money stood out for us - keep up the great work guys! I saw on someone else's review that they were not happy that a staff member chatted with them on their lounger, this happened to us as we'll only difference we welcomed it, I enjoyed the chat and we actually had lunch together, I did not feel like she had to be with us, it felt genuine and we have actually come back telling our friends and family about this because that is something that we had truly enjoyed and have not experienced at other resorts.

Overall: great time, great resort, I would definitely go back and recommend to family and friends.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall believe that the ultimate satisfaction of all our guests is important to our long term success. For this reason, we have designed the ideal all-inclusive experience. Your review highlights the emphasis that we place on satisfying the unique needs of each guest. It was a pleasure to learn that you had no complaints and intend to recommend our hotel to your friends and family. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We just returned last evening from the best vacation our family of 10 has had in years. From the moment we arrived, everyone could not have been friendlier....from the staff at the front desk, to the bartenders at both the main bar and the cigar bar( audley oneill and christopher)....even though it was an extremely busy week for vacationers, there was never a moment that you had to wait for anything, anywhere at the resort. The rooms were spacious, beautiful and kept immaculate.....the butler service was outstanding, my boys (Randy and Darwin) truly made our vacation so much easier but taking care of everything for us, reservations, special requests, etc.....plan on coming back next year again and will insist upon having both of them as our butlers.....gym was great, plenty of equipment and classes offered downstairs, as well as outside by very enthusiastic staff, shout out to Sammy who was fantastic.....Bar service on the beach was amazing, you never had to wait for someone to come along and help you out, expecially Sonia and Jolene who we had each and every day, remembered all of our 10 names and exactly what we liked to drink, and always did it with a smile. The Surf and Turf restaurant was delicious especially our waiter Norlan who we had both time, Japanese restaurant was delicious and fun, loved the entertainers who cooked for us, both Ryan and Jason....The Gourmet restaurant was outstanding, probably my favorite, which made it a wonderful experience also by having Elvis wait on us both times.....Italian restaurant needed improvement if I had to say anything that was not my favorite part of the trip. The staff was outstanding but the food needs improving. More beach chairs would also be an added bonus too. I think I have covered all bases, I have never met such warm and caring people as I did on this trip. I cant wait to go again next year and look forward to seeing my new friends that I met this vacation. As much as I dont want to rush the next year, I cant wait to get back....dont think i am ever going to go anyplace else....there is no reason to, and all 10 of us have traveled for many years together. Thank you Ibeostar and the staff I had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know.. Happy New Year to you all and see you next year.

Room Tip: No room, that I saw, was bad there, you always got to see the ocean or pool....corner suites are def...