“Good, but....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

You added Iberostar Grand Rose Hall to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good, but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We just got back from our stay at the Grand Rose Hall. We had previously stayed at the Ritz Carlton. The Ritz is starting to age and was not getting the reviews it once had. I had read some unbelievable glowing reviews of Grand Rose Hall. I am pretty sure after reading the reviews and visiting the resort that they have professional writers doing reviews. I don't think that my standards are so high that no one else is seeing the same things. Let me start with the facilities. The property is very pretty. We were in an ocean front room. It was very nice and quiet. We were given a run down of the room and it's features from the "butler".We never receive the "pillow menu", but our pillows were fine. We never saw him again. The first night I had booked a private dinner on the beach as a surprise for my husband. We had no idea where to go. We asked our butler and he said to just walk out towards the beach and we will see where they have it set up. Really? I went and asked the front desk where to go. They informed me that the butler was suppose to escort us down there at the appropriate time. I honestly can't say I really needed the non existing butler feature but Iberostar would be smart just not selling that feature. That leads me to the service. At times the service was outstanding. We tipped everyone that we received good service from. In fact, we never receive bad service in any of the restaurants or by the pool. The staff those areas went out of their way to take care of the guests. The service in the lobby bar was pretty spotty. Funny enough we noticed that when Iberostar management from Spain showed up the last night, servers were tripping over themselves to wait on customers.

The food was good. There was often a strange assortment of foods on the lunch buffets. You can also see that on the room service menus which were pretty sparse. We ate in the surf and turf, Italian and the Japanese restaurants. The surf and turf was mediocre. The Italian was a better. The Japanese was by far the best. The food quality was really good. One thing that was really frustrating across the board was that the wine was not consistent, EVER! Fruity frozen drinks are great poolside, but at night we would have preferred to be able to get wine. I realize we are in Jamaica, they import all the wine. I knew going in that they weren't going to have great wines to drink. I am perfectly happy drinking some of the inexpensive Spanish wines they had listed. At least they should have the wines they have on their list. It was hard to have a wine you liked more than once.

In the end I may sound like I am being a little picky. Just remember this is suppose to be a five star hotel. The difference between a four star and a five star IS the details. We did have a great time. There was a lot of laughs with bartenders and other guests. I just wanted to be very clear with fellow travelers to let you know what you can expect.

Room Tip: Ocean front is worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your informative review. Please be assured that we do not hire writers to write reviews for our hotel. Reviews are all made by guests who have stayed at the hotel in the past, and at times even whilst still in-house. We apologize for the miscommunication regarding your private dinner, and pillow menu. We also regret the impression you received concerning inconsistent service and our stock of wines. It would be a privilege to host you again, especially to dispel the negative impression that you have of our property. The incidents you have specified are not the norm and not typical of our usual service standards. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,177)
  • Polish first
Saint Charles, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon at Iberostar. This resort was fantastic. From the decor, the beach location, the cleanliness, the food and the people everything was top notch! The staff was very friendly and a lot of fun. The food was amazing from the appetizers all the way to desserts! The grand is perfect for honeymooners that are looking to relax and not have kids around! The swim up bar was awesome. There was nothing bad about this resort. We would stay here again in a heart beat.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We were thrilled to have been chosen as your hosts on your recent trip to Jamaica. Your special mention of our décor, beach, cleanliness, food and service of our staff was also duly noted. No doubt, our team will be inspired by your positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have been here before but my last visit was a mess, the room and place was great but the front desk manager and mackeni was sooooooooooooo rude...

I met mackeni at the front desk and she didnt even say welcome i said hello and she had this s.i.l.l.y look on her face, i asked a question and she was standing there looking like she dont know english. i asked to speak to a manager and a girl by the name of natalie came out and then it only got worst because she was acting like i was the person who was wrong.

A far as i can see its like the standard is getting lower each year. anyways the food was great, my room was awesome thanks to a young guy that was on the desk ( i think his name was dwane or dane) sorry for the error.

My butler was good to me and my wife, i would come back but the front desk did p.i.s.s me off..

you guys have a wonderful hotel apart from some of the workers...

Room Tip: high rooms are better....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experience. Our Management Team have always been at the disposal of our guests, should there be an issue, whilst staying with us. As mentioned, you requested to speak to the Front Office Manager, who immediately went to speak with you. From your review, it would appear that you felt that your needs were addressed in an insensitive manner. Whilst we apologize for the negative impression you have of our Front Office staff, please be assured however, that the persons you interacted with meant no ill-will towards you. Unfortunately, the fulfilling of additional rooming requests you may have are dependent on occupancy as well as other factors beyond our control. The Iberostar Grand Rose Hall tries to be very flexible to our guests’ requests, but of course this is done within good reason and our ability to fulfill your requests. For future visits we invite you to email pr.grandrh@iberostar.com.jm so we can have dialogue regarding any special requests you may have, prior to your visit.

Your kind words regarding the personalized service of your butler is encouraging, as it makes us feel that we were able to meet your expectation to some extent. We aim to exceed your overall expectations, and to this end, hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my first time in Jamaica and i have to say i think Jamaica is amazing the hotel was fantastic beautiful setting on the beach,very clean, friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you and the food was first class. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. We are ecstatic to hear that you were satisfied with your recent vacation at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Your comments concerning our beach, friendly staff, and food will also serve to motivate our Management Team and staff alike. We look forward to seeing you again soon and trust that you will think of our property when next you are planning future vacations.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great Spot For Honeymooners and couples. We loved the swim up pool and the staff, especially the daily entertainment. The rooms were great and the jetted tub was comfy! Food was good and there was lots of different cuisines to choose from. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Even though you don't need it an ocean view is awesome!
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your positive review of our property. We at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall are grateful for your encouraging words. Reviews such as yours serve to remind us that our emphasis on quality service and amenities did not go unnoticed by you, our valued guest. Your high praises for our swim-up pool, staff, rooms, and food options is also motivating. We look forward to serving you again and trust that you will return in the very near future.

Saluda, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

First time ever going to another country...I just have to say I love all the people here...they were the very best!!! One of the star friends really stood out ..her name is SAMMY...she was so nice an just really made you feel special.... Brandon also a Star Friend was very nice as well...but Sammy well she really looked out for me and my daughter....We had 3 Butlers....Reneish...was our day time butler....an all I can say is I wanted to take him home...he was always there to help and make our stay so very special...he decorated our room with balloons, champange, cake wit a plate with Happy Birthday to me...with towels he made into Hearts..an then a banner with Hapy Birthday!! Really made me feel special...he booked all our reservations for dinner told us where the best place to shop..an how to get there...he even had them bring us a Sweet Condense Cream for our coffee in our room...an since my daugher an I don't drink Sodas ...he had them stock the Fridge with Water an Juice for us instead...an lots of Dortios for my daughter....Denston our evening butler surprised me with a Bubble Bath with Rose petdals an Heart Shape towels with Happy Birthday writen on the top of the bubble bath...he also very helpful..We had Ryan one day when Reneish had his day off. He was very nice and willing to help any way he could. Mine and my daughter's stay here was AWESOME!!! All the food was very good ...the waiters and waitress were all very nice an always there if you needed anything. The girls handling the towels for the pool/beach were always nice...the Bar tenders were great..especially Carie...we had his special..an they were GREAT!!! All I have is praise...Hopefully I come back next year all my favoris will stil be there....they made us feel like family....Love all of them there ...wish I could have stayed longer....I would recomend this place to anyone!!!

Room Tip: Higher room have better views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We are delighted to have been able to host you and your daughter recently at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. Your high praises for your Butler will also go a far way in motivating our team. Our staff work tirelessly to ensure that our guests are totally satisfied so reviews like yours, serve as our reward. We invite you to return soon and also hope that your will think of us as your vacation “home away from home”.

Hughesville, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was the first time we had been on vacation in ten years. We went with two friends and we were all celebrating our 50th birthday. We enjoyed our vacation tremendously. There were a few minor glitches, however, the excellent resort staff and service greatly out weighed those minor issues. They far exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest:

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent vacation at the Iberostar Grand Rose. It was an honor to learn that you had a flawless vacation experience. Your recommendation of our staff and excellent service is also very motivating. We apologize for any issues you encountered whilst staying with us, but are grateful to hear that our services had met your discerning standards. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and trust that you will not hesitate to return.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall? Share your experiences!