“Wonderful experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

You added Iberostar Grand Rose Hall to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Alexandria, Virginia
“Wonderful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our trip was simply lovely. The property was well appointed and the staff were wonderful. Each one of them had a sunny warm and welcoming disposition. It was my birthday and Jodain upgraded all 6 of us. Our views were spectacular. Sylvester the bell captain was Johnny on the Spot. The entertainments crew (G Money, Lucky, Shortcake and Bubbles) kept us happy and moving. The wait staff were also wonderful. The trip did not disapoint!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind review. Your comments regarding our staff and property in general was also encouraging. We are hopeful that you will also think of our hotel as your vacation “home away from home”. Please come again soon as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,299)
  • Polish first
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Once again a pleasant and relaxing stay at the Grande. Upon arrival at the Suites I asked for my husband and I to be upgraded to the Grande and our request was "once again" honored. As we approached the front desk we were pleasantly surprised to be greeted by Mckeney (I apologize for the spelling if in-correct) She did remember us from our previous stay in Feb 2012, she also honored our request for an Ocean Front room. I cannot say enough about the staff at the Iberostar Resorts, they really do care about their visitors. A few of the Star Friends were still here and we were verry happy to hear that Sassy was returning on the day after we left. Diva spent alot of time with us and she will always hold a place in our hearts, we hope she will still be there when we retun. A big thank you to G-Money to see that we were able to re-unite with Sassy before we left the resort, it meant alot to me. These star friends go out of their way to make sure the guests are always happy. I would also like to recognize one of our favorite waiters from all our visits to the surf and turf restaurant, Fitzroy...what an attentive waiter he is and he also remembered us from previous visits. I have and will continue to recommend this Iberostar and the Suites Iberostar to all that wish to travel to Jamaica. We consider it our home away from home, thank you to all the Iberostar staff for amazing vacation memories. I hope that if eveyone who reads the reviews takes this one serious in considering this property or the suites for your upcoming Jamaican Vacation...you will not regret it.....

Room Tip: Don't be shy about asking for an upgrade to ocean front, if available the staff has on numerous...
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your pleasant review. We are motivated by the fact that you have opted to return to allow us to host you again. Here at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, we take great pride in providing flawless and hassle-free service. Your total satisfaction serves as our reward, so it was especially delightful to see your positive recommendation of our property. We grateful that space allowed for you to receive a complimentary upgrade, but wish to remind other prospective travelers that upgrades are always dependent on occupancy levels.

It is hoped that we will have the opportunity to host you again for a 5th time, and can assure you that we intend to exceed your expectations even further on your next visit.

Minersville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed at this property 2 times may 2009 and again in dec 2010

Very nice clean property most comfortable rooms was upgraded both times to ocean view had
A beautiful view of the pool area and beach. My husband and I enjoyed the food and pool area very much! I do think they should add a non alcoholic beer to the list but I did have a wonderful non alcoholic champagne called chamdor . Over all very relaxing close to the airport and very easy to travel to from Phila

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. It was a tremendous opportunity to have had the chance to welcome you to the services of the Iberostar Chain. Having provided you with a flawless and enjoyable vacation, we are hopeful that you will allow us to serve you again soon. We hope that you will not hesitate to visit the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall again.

dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

So, just got back yesterday and slowly adjusting back to reality. I went to the Grand Rose Hall for a wedding with a large group.

The food was really good. Lots of chances to eat lobster. My worst dining experience was at the steak restaurant at the beach at the Suites resort next to the Grand. Our waiter was a drunk and service was incredibly slow and rude. Not good for our first night there. Best meal was at the Gourmet the last night. I think if I could go back, I would eat every meal at the Gourmet. It was delicious food and first class presentation and service. The buffets were all very good and you could always find something you wanted. Resort was not very full while we were there so it was not always open for dinner. Breakfast buffet is inside and lunch is at a nice restaurant outside with a view. You can order lobster outside but it came pretty mushy a couple times. Buffet desserts were not as exciting as I would have hoped. Service was often slow. The best waiters I had on the trip were Ricardo in the dinner buffet and Elvis in the grand.

Drinks
The drinks were top shelf. I mostly was drinking what they call a dirty banana which is like a banana smoothie with rum. Often, drink service was slow, especially by the pool.

The Staff
I had pretty mixed experiences with the staff. Some were great and others not so much. The cleaning staff did a great job with our room every day. I heard others rave about their butlers but I pretty much never saw mine and the few times I needed him, he never really came through. There is a lot of tipping at this resort and sometimes, I felt like the tip was expected. I don't mind tipping when I get great service but don't enjoy tipping for marginal service at an all inclusive. We had one bad experience where one of the captains at the kayak rental hassled us for a tip. They have a dive shop where you can borrow boats and kayaks and windsurfboards. The international people who ran it were really friendly but the jamaican captains were pretty rude and pushy for tips. I also thought the animation folks by the pool could be rude. The girls were awesome, rubbing free suntan lotion on us and having cool classes but I felt like one of the guys there was obnoxious. He would hassle me every time I played ping pong to play against him. Why pay a guy to be a ping pong shark and hassle people. Maybe some people like that.

The Grounds
The property is really nice. It is all along the beach and there are 3 resorts. We had friends staying at the Suites next door with kids and they were not allowed to come over. I thought this was pretty lame of the resort. I understand adults only but they got babysitters and could still not come over. I guess the food and drinks and facilities are a little better and maybe they have to control where people eat. I think a better policy would be to allow people to come over to the resort if they are escorted by someone staying in the grand or maybe they can come over but not eat there. As it is, it felt like the Berlin wall with security standing guard at all entry points. I think it really made it hard for our friends in the Suites to feel part of the group.

Shanty Town
We walked down to the little town at the end of the beach to check it out. It was pretty much as sketchy as it could possibly be. Really aggressive Jamaicans selling trinkets and drugs. I think most people do not go over there. We also got quickly attacked by mosquitoes. I wish I could have helped the people be less aggressive so they would sell more. I think I could do a 1 hour seminar and fix their business model. Get some string lights, citronella, and bob marley music and dont get in everybody's face. As it was, it felt pretty dangerous and I am surprised I made it out alive. I think the Iberostar should invest in this area and put a boardwalk in and fix it up and teach these people how to run their businesses. It would be nice to have a safe place to walk to to interact with the locals.

Rooms
The rooms were amazing. We had ocean view but honestly did not look out that much. Ocean front is the way to go if you can afford it.

Spa
The spa was great. They have a room with a bunch of different pools and hot tubs which was a blast. Bring tennis shoes to the gym, they are strict. We had a great hot stone massage. Spa is first class although some things were broken.

Internet
We had a room next to the lobby so I was able to pickup the wifi which was nice. I had also brought a travel router just in case. I highly recommend picking one up if you have iphones or ipads. Remember to keep it in airplane mode! I got a trendnet for $20 on Amazon which I let a friend borrow and worked fine. Internet was pretty slow and the resort has a login system which was a huge pain in the ***. First off, it should just be open. If you need to track usage, it should just be last name and room number like other hotels do it. With their system, you have to keep calling and getting complex logins and sometimes they would say they are all out. Internet was slow. Good for email but not really skype or video.

Snorkeling
The resort lets you borrow free snorkel gear. They have big red balls in the water where there are 3 piles of rocks which make a great reef. We saw tons of different fish there. You do not really need to pay for a snorkel trip because this area was so rich with life.

That is pretty much all I got on the Iberostar. Overall, a really great resort and well worth the money.

Room Tip: 5000 building is better than 6000. a little closer to the water.
Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We were disappointed to hear that you were dissatisfied with your Waiter on your first night at the Iberostar Suites. Please be assured that our Waiter was not drunk as you surmised, as we do not allow Waiters to drink on the job. Please accept our wholehearted apology for you what you described as “slow and rude” service from that Waiter. Your kind words regarding the professionalism of our staff in general, our grounds, food in general, rooms, spa, and wi-fi availability will also serve to motivate our Management and Staff.

As it pertains to your negative shopping experience, kindly note that we discourage persons from going next-door to purchase crafts at the illegal vending area as we cannot vouch for your safety. The hotel does in fact, boast several shops on site, where souvenirs, coffee, liquour etc. can be purchased. We also encourage persons to use the free Jamaica Tours Ltd, (JTL) shuttles to the nearby shopping mall, “Shops at Rose Hall” where you are guaranteed a hassle-free and safe shopping environment.

We hope that you will return soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back and to host you again.

MOUNT WOLF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed @ the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall from Sept 29 - Oct 6. We arrived and were greeted with cold towels and during the check-in process were presented with a Mimosa. Dane at the checkin desk was very professional. He gave us the option of taking a ground floor room that was ready or being upgraded to an Ocean View 5316 that was not ready yet. We chose the latter and were very satisfied with our choice. We overlooked 'our' pool and had a view of the ocean that took your breath away. Our butler Rushane (Best Butler EVER) was attentive and there when we needed him. He made all our dinner reservations and spa appointments. In fact the entire staff was very welcoming and extremely helpful...for our every need. Special shout-out to Senika...who always got us the best table & service at breakfast and lunch. We miss you, Senika and thanks for the mugs with the Jamician flag on them. Every time we use them we think of you.

Restaurants - We liked most of the food. Our favorite was the gormet, least favorite was the Italian. The reason for this is the cuisine is mostly from N. Italy (with lots of fish & meats) when we are used to cuisine from S. Italy which is pasta's & sauces. Enjoyed our meal at the Japanese Restaurant--grilled lobster--yum! We loved the shrimp at the seafood restaurant. Overall the seafood was outstanding...steaks & burgers were just okay...but how many cows do you see in Jamaica? Buffet offered many choices with high quality food. We loved the jerk chicken and ate it every chance we got.

Rooms were kept extremely clean...and we would like to say a special thank you to the unseen cleaning & turndown staff. Someone is always cleaning something at this resort and it shows. The beds are very comfortable. My favorite place in the room was in the swinging chair on the porch. I loved spending time there, reading my kindle. Room Service was timely. We had beakfast delivered one day and often called for a cocktail or wine before dinner.

Pools - 'Our' pool was the quiet pool. And I use the term 'quiet' loosely. As this was our only complaint thoughout the week. Music from the Pool Bar was blasted from 10-ish and lasted till 5-ish. This in itself would not have been terrible but they played the same music over and over and over...We are guessing someone complained because there was no music on Thursday and it was turned way low on Friday. Which we were grateful for.

This resort is an upscale resort that is a tad pricey but is well worth the money spent. We feel we got our money's worth and more. We highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: We got upgraded to an Ocean View--5316--and it was and we thought it was the best room short of an O...
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your generous review. We are honored to have had the privilege to serve you whilst on your recent trip to Jamaica. Your comments regarding our butler service, staff in general, restaurants, rooms, pools and cleanliness of our property was also very encouraging. We hope that having had such an enjoyable vacation with us, you will not hesitate to return in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon from 10/1-10/5. We had the best time, food was great, service was amazing, beaches were wonderful. We used the butler service as well and our butler Darwin was superb. He was there for our every need , very polite and helped ensure we had a wonderful time. We are working on coming back for our one year anniversary :) definitely a 5 star resort!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the ocean. So beautiful!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SantoValdez, Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. We are honored to have played an integral role in a memorable honeymoon. It was also motivating for our team to hear that our cuisine, beach and butler service had met your discerning standards. It would be a pleasure to serve you again, to this end, we hope that you will be returning to our property soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall for one week from Sept 29-Oct 6/2012. We were so impressed with this hotel, it is by far the best resort we have stayed at in the Carribean. We are well travelled in the Carribean and have stayed at many nice resorts and while most claim to be 4.5 or 5 star, we were surprised that this one actually was a 5 star as they claim to be.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by an attendant who gave us a cold cloth to freshen up and then champagne cocktails arrived while we were checking in at the front desk. The front desk staff were extremely courteous and professional and handled our check-in efficiently.

The room (we were in 5015 ground floor) is a nice size with a king size bed, flat screen tv, dvd player & chaise lounge in the sitting area. It has a HUGE walk out deck with a cedar flooring that was approx. 20x20 large with a sofa and swing hammock.

All of the a la carte restaurants were excellent - try them all and you won't be disappointed. Shout outs to Karim in the Italian Restaurant (an excellent waiter) and Sanjay in the Surf and Turf (again another excellent waiter). Buffet offerred a high quality of food and a good variety for both breakfast, lunch and dinner. The buffet grill restaurant by the beach overlooks the ocean and you can have lunch there every day and order lobster everyday if you want to. Room service is also excellent, we had it two days for breakfast, portions are good and service is timely - it's as easy as putting out your card on your door the night before and you can expect your meal delivered to your door on time and with a smile the next morning.

A great variety of activities are offered at this resort from Yoga/Stretching to water aerobics, volleyball, etc. You won't lack for something to do if you're not into sitting by the pool reading.

Every block of building has a 24-hour concierge and butler to cater to your every needs - they can bring you coconuts by the pool and make all of your dinner reservations - whatever you desire.

There are constantly workers on this resort cleaning both the inside and outside, tending to the gardens and maintaining the property to the highest standard, I didn't see any garbage or anything unsightly the entire trip.

This is an upscale resort that is not cheap but well worth the money. if you are looking for a relaxing vacation without children or loud partyers then this is it - highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your encouraging words concerning your recent stay at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall. We were ecstatic to hear from you as your review highlights our emphasis on providing quality accommodation and amenities. Your feedback regarding our service, rooms, restaurants, activities and cleanliness of our property was also helpful in evaluating our Hotel and will certainly add to motivating our staff. We urge you to come again soon as it would be a pleasure to host you in the near future.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Jamaica

Been to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall? Share your experiences!