“Top Notch All The Way!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

You added Iberostar Grand Rose Hall to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Brazil, Indiana
“Top Notch All The Way!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband and I visit the Iberostar Grand (the couples only resort) over Thanksgiving week and it was all I could have ever hoped for! Every person we encountered had a smile on their face and asked how our vacation was going. They treat you like a star :) The food was plentiful and it was not too difficult to get a reservation for the restaurant of our choice, however, I do recommend you make your reservations at least a day in advance. The filet and lobster was excellent, but our favorite was the Japanese restaurant. Our chef put on an excellent show and the food was wonderful. The weather was perfect for our entire stay, 85 high and 74 low with a few light showers only one of the days we were there. We were celebrating our 4th anniversary and after going to one of the nightly shows (which we really enjoyed) we came back to our room to find that our butler had drawn us a bubble bath and put rose petals around our room. The room was absolutely amazing and I slept like a baby in the bed with the pillow bar! There were games on the beach that the staff would encourage us to play, such as volleyball, bingo and bocce ball, along with daily bbqs that were offered in addition to the lunch buffet. I have nothing but excellent things to say about our stay and can not wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Every room is a suite, so I dont think there is a bad choice. We were on the 3rd floor overlooking...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,177)
  • Polish first
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

We had an amazing time!. Best vacation ever!. Service, room, facilities, entertainment, food, drinks everything was just excellent! We'll be back.
Thank you!

springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I have been to Sandals, Palace Resorts and on several cruises in several countries, and this resort blew them all away. The resort itself was beautiful. It had plenty of space and entertainment options. The best part for me was the swinging loveseat on the balcony. I had a corner ocean view suite. I fell asleep in that chair to the sound of the ocean almost every day.

The next item of interest was the Star Friends. These ladies and gentlemen really knew how to present their country in the best light. Ryan was always smiling and encouraging everyone to join in a game of volleyball. Lucky got the crowd going with water aerobics. The ladies seemed to be everywhere and would talk to you making you feel like a friend. Tinkerbell made you feel like you'd been friends forever. Davia was very supportive and encouraging about anything she thought you needed it on. They could also dance like nobody's business. They were very willing to teach you. I loved it. When I left, I felt like I'd made new friends. I have made new friends. This fine group of people make Iberostar a cut above the rest. They never pushed anyone to do anything, but they were there for encouragement and to put like minded individuals together when they might be too shy to do it themselves. The result was an upbeat friendly atmosphere. That doesn't even start with their antics at night.

This same team talked up the night shows and the disco. They would be at the shows to seat people and converse. They would be at the disco to dance with and talk to. Ryan would get the crowd moving in the disco. Tinkerbell, Samantha, Diva and Lucky would keep it going. There would be nights when even more Star Friends were at the Disco to keep things hoping, but the group I mentioned was the best at it. Some nights, the dancers from the evening shows would show up and dance with people. If you want to have a great time Ryan, Tinkerbell, Diva, Lucky and Samantha will make it happen, even if it is just a simple greeting while you read a book in the shade.

The resort has Vegas caliber shows at night. They do a 70's show, a big band show, a tribute to Chicago, a night of Jamaican music and history, a night of excerpts from popular musicals like Cats and a Reggae night. They were fantastic! They also have a Casino for those wanting that type of entertainment. There were pool tables and internet access. The evening in the lobby bar would see a violist, a pianist, a flutist, a guitarist or singers that were all wonderfully talented.

You can't talk about a Resort without talking about food and drink. The bartenders were friendly and inventive. You never had to worry about an empty glass. Morris,Maxwell and Walter were just three of the fantastic party people. They each make signature drinks and daily specials. I must warn you, they aren't afraid to put alcohol in it. With four restaurants there are plenty of choices for everyone. The room service was my favorite.

If you needed or wanted anything, they would do everything they could. My mom left her cell at home on accident, so we had to use my dad's and his charger wasn't with us. On our next to last day, he went to the desk to see if someone had left a charger that would charge his phone. They didn't have one, but they found a way to charge it through a USB connection. They were real lifesavers.

If you want to have fun and be pampered, this is the place to go!

Room Tip: If you want an ocean front get above the third floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Before reviewing the hotel, I'd like to mention the amazing service my husband and I received from our travel agent, Jennifer Toren at Tripguy Travel. I would be amiss if I didn't spread the word for others to use her. Her email is jennifer@tripguy.com and she was extremely professional and incredibly organized. I can have high expectations, but she met every one and was always there to answer any question I had. She was on the ball with everything I could ask for from immediate responses by phone or email at all hours of the day, multiple trip options, price matching, hotel services set up and restaurant reservations prior to our trip. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER.

Our car service was also set up by Jennifer Toren at Tripguy Travel. We used Reggae Tours for a private round trip transfer. We could not have been more pleased with their services.They were waiting at the airport for us when we arrived with a clearly marked sign, and were 15 minutes early to take us back to the airport when we left. They were very nice, the cars were spacious and well maintained, and they drove very well.

Now to the hotel. Upon arrival, we were greeted with champagne, wet/warm towels and led to the front desk. The staff was very nice and clearly wanted to please us. Once at the front desk, we were upgraded from an ocean view room to an ocean front room. The room was a suite, gorgeous, extremely clean and had a great view of the beach and ocean. Two minor problems 1) we were on the top floor (4) so our deck didn't have a swing and no roof cover to protect our couch from being constantly wet. 2) the toilet is glass enclosed so only one person could be in the huge bathroom at a time unless you're a full disclosure type of couple.

The hotel overall was on the small side of an adults only resort, although it was attached to two other family oriented hotels. We had access to those other hotels while they did not have access to ours. This was a nice upgrade and kept our hotel quiet most of the trip. After walking through all 3 hotels the first day to see if there was anything there worth visiting later, we never left the Grand again except for scuba diving.

Due to the constant cloudy skies during our visit, the pools being unheated was freezing. The one day it was sunny, the pool was much more pleasant. We liked the socialization of the pool bar pool, but if you prefer more solitude, there are 2 other pools that rarely had anyone in them.

I took Stretch and Yoga classes while my husband played water volleyball. All were fun. There were many more daily activities if you wanted and the "Star Friends" were always coming by to shake your hand and try to talk to into participating. As nice as they were, and they were extremely nice and hard working nearly 12 hour days, especially Ryan and Davia. For me who just wanted to relax with my ipod and/or my husband, it became a bit annoying.

We were in building 5 which was a great location for the pool. Our butler Nick was fantastic! He ran multiple bubble baths for me and pretty much took care of anything we requested. He set up balloons and champagne for my birthday during the trip as well.

We of course tipped everyone for everything, so I'm sure that assisted with our excellent service throughout the trip. We were there for 8 days and brought $150 ones which seemed to be the perfect amount to give a few bucks for meals and drinks, housekeeping, butler, etc...daily.

Dinner times were very odd. 6:30/7:00 then 8:30/9. So the normal times to eat for us between 7:30-8:30 were not possible. Not a big deal, but not preferred. Try to make reservations for the first few days of your trip before arrival. They book quickly. Otherwise, your butler can arrange reservations once you get there.

The Japanese restaurant was my favorite of the 4 specialty restaurants. The steaks were cooked well at the Surf and Turf restaurant. Overall, I did not like the food on this trip at all. Everything was either over sauced, salty beyond belief, overcooked, or unrecognizable mixtures of things. The grilled grouper at lunch was very salty but still fresh and nice. I would not recommend this hotel if your food experience is extremely important to you. Their presentations were very nice and they clearly tried to do their best, but I'm a foody being from NY, so I guess my expectations of a 5 star resort were too high. I think it may be that the style of food in the country is not for me. To each his own.

All in all, a nice relaxing trip at a lovely hotel. Feel free to write me if you have any further questions as I'm happy to help.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We spent the 1st week of December at the Iberostar Grand, this is our 2nd stay with the Grands, the 1st in Mexico and now Jamaica. We were treated extremely well, we were upgraded to an oceanview suite, absolutely beautiful, we were no more than 400 feet from the ocean, and nothing between us and the ocean. The room and balcony are large and very comfortable. Rayon was one of our butlers and absolutely amazing at his job. Room service was excellent, when ordering cognac, the staff come to your room with the bottle and pour as much as you like. The food was fabulous there was not one thing you could complain about. The resort is a little smaller than Mexico, but very nice and well kept. The beach front restaurant/buffet is beautiful, again right on the ocean. My husband golfed both at Cinnamon Hill and Whitewitch, both good courses, Whitewitch being just a little tougher. The Spa is very nice, and relaxing after a tough day at the beach/pool. Lots of chairs to be found at either the beach or the pool. TO, Lucky Charms, and Diva are great as animation staff, and will involve you as much as you want to be involved. Peter at the front is amazing in assisting you in what ever you wish to do golf, trips off resort etc. This was our 2nd trip to Jamaica and only increased our desire to return to this beautiful country and people.

Room Tip: Higher floors are nicer as you have more privacy on your balcony.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011 via mobile

My wife take 1-2 getaways a year. We've been to various parts of Mexico,Cuba and the Dominican Republic. I must say that overall when it comes to beaches, food, atmosphere, service and cleanliness the iberostar grand rose hall exceeds expectations. We were greeted with chamagne at the check in counter. Followed by a visit from a concierge to our room. Awesome ocean view rooms with an extra large balcony which included a swinging chair for two and a lounger couch. The room had everything and everything you could ask for. The food at the buffet was nothing special but no better or worse that what we've tried before. The a la carte restaurants were fantastic. We tried the Japanese, Italian, and surf n turf all fantastic. Entertainment was great and the bars were fully stocked with many options of vodkas, gins, rum and spirits. The grand rose hall is an adults only resort which offers peace, tranquility and total relaxation.

• Stayed December 2011
Morristown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

The destination wedding that i went to was at the Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Montego Bay, Jamaica in the beginning of December. There was not one thing that i would have changed on the whole trip. From the moment we arrived the staff treated us like royalty. Davia, Samantha, and Ryan became an important part of our hotel experience treating us as if we were the only guests in the hotel. The wedding itself was beautiful and the wedding planner Janelle made sure that everything went smoothly, including moving the reception dinner indoors due to the possibility of rain that evening. We were a large group but we were able to be together the entire time and enjoy everything that the hotel had to offer. Our hope is to return to the Iberostar in Jamaica. thanks again, Davia, Samantha and Ryan for helping to make our stay one that we will never forget.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall? Share your experiences!