“Absolute Paradise!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

You added Iberostar Grand Rose Hall to your Saves list
Iberostar Grand Rose Hall
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Main Road | Little River, Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Rose Hall
Atlanta, Georgia
“Absolute Paradise!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. Check-in was a breeze. Joedia and Mackennie provided a warm welcome at the Front Desk and congratulated us on our anniversary. On the way to our suite, our butler gave us a tour, which was extremely helpful because the resort is quite large. The rooms are plush, complete with all the amenities you can imagine. The bed is very comfortable (take advantage of the pillow menu) and the bathroom is huge. I recommend springing for an oceanfront view. Waking up every morning to beautiful blue water is absolutely incredible! You won’t be disappointed.

The food was amazing! I think I gained 10 pounds after trying everything – but I love Jamaican food. The buffets offer plenty of options for breakfast and lunch and the specialty restaurants were delicious! Be sure to try the Surf and Turf (we ate there twice) and Japanese for hibachi. Room service is there if you need it, but the menu is limited.

Loved the Star Friends!! They made us laugh everyday and feel at home. Special thanks to Samantha, Frosted Flakes, T.O. and Mr. Cool. You guys are awesome!! One day we walked to the ‘Beaches’ property (the Grande is connected to two resorts) and met Lady Tremor (another Star Friend). She had us in stitches the entire time and boy can she dance! No pressure if you don’t want to participate. Just simply say no. People who complain about them just don’t know how to say NO.

The infinity pools are breathtaking. There were plenty of beach chairs and beds available, so finding a place in the sun or shade is no problem. The bartenders kept our glasses filled. Shout out to Kerry, Garfield and Jodine at the pool bar. Jodine’s smile lights up the place, even when the sun is shining. We enjoyed her the most!! Morrison and Clive at the lobby bar were also great! Be sure to stop by and ask them to sing a song.

The evening entertainment was good. The dancers and musicians are extremely talented. You can tell they practice daily. The night club is also there if you want to dance.

Now the bad part…If we could change two things about the Grande, it would be the butler service and pool closing time. After our butler escorted us to our room, WE NEVER SAW HIM AGAIN! This was quite disappointing, especially since the Grande sells this as a perk. Of course, you can call the butler if you need something, but that’s just concierge! (Thank you Davian for helping me in my butler’s absence!! You’re the man!) I’ve stayed at other resorts that truly offer ‘butler service’ (i.e. Royal Plantation in Ocho Rios). They check on you every day and provide a cell phone to call your butler when needed. Now, that’s service!! Additionally, the POOL CLOSES TOO EARLY!! Everything shuts down at 6:30. What about those that don’t want to eat dinner or simply prefer to swim??

Overall, I highly recommend this resort for couples! We enjoyed our vacation and look forward to returning next year.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,171)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Travelled as a family trip over Christmas/New Years - WHAT AN AMAZING PLACE! Could never understand why anyone would return to the same resort when there is so many other properties to explore BUT NOW WE DO!! The resort staff TRULY make this place awesome. They are always friendly and helpful - as soon as you are greeted at the door until the minute you leave ( WE DIDN'T WANT TO LEAVE). The rooms are GORGEOUS and SO WELL LAID OUT. The housekeeping staff did an amazing job of keeping the rooms sparkly clean. Our Butlers were amazing so helpful - booked our dinners for us, filled our fridges with our preferred beverages! The concierge did an awesome job booking the boys for golf at Cinnamon Hill (which they said was GORGEOUS) The bartending staff throughout the whole resort were so funny and friendly! LOVED LEARNING all the toothpick tricks in the Lobby bar.... and also THANKS to the waitress staff there who would bring us A LOT of popcorn in the afternoon. The pool staff were amazing, friendly - loved the guys working the pool bar so much fun!! Also the waitress' working on the beach were so much fun and friendly AND efficient! The entertainment staff did an AMAZING job - getting us involved in the daily activities! G-MONEY YOU ROCK! The shows at night were awesome!

OK NOW FOR THE DREADED NEGATIVE (BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE!!)

!!! RESERVING POOL SEATS WITH TOWELS IN THE WEE HOURS OF THE MORNING !!!

WHY WHY WHY do they allow this! So silly! If you are not using the seat, bench, lounger - your towel should be removed by the pool staff so that someone can enjoy that space. Maybe after the seat is idle for 30 min the belongings can be removed and taken to the pool services desk? So silly to have 75% of beautiful seating empty all day because someone has left a towel! SO SILLY! We actually watched 2 men get into a fist fight over this! We're trying to relax and have a good time - this is SO SILLY!!!

Ok. But that is it. The ONLY bad thing I have to say about this resort. If debating whether to give this resort a try DO IT. YOU WILL LOVE IT! (Hopefully they will have the chair reserving thing figured out by the time you get there!)

Our next trip will definetly be back to the GRAND ROSE HALL and we cannot wait!

See you on the beach!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Bedminster, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The bar has been raised! Iberostar Grand in Montego Bay, Jamaica was stunning!!! My husband and I went there to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary. We were blown away when we stepped into the lobby. It is stunning to say the least! The room was just as exquisite and very spacious! The service was top notch and we were taken care of from the time we arrived through the unfortunate time that we had to leave. The atmosphere is very laid back and serene. The shows, beach activities, and disco added just the right amount of fun that we were looking for. The spa is a must! It is outstanding!!! Whirlpool, hot tub, cold tub, meditation spa...we took advantage of it all! Oh yeah, there was a pillow menu! Yes, you can select from 8 different pillows to sleep on each night! We could not believe it!!! Of course we tried several and loved them all. The food was good also. We had a nice meal at the dinner buffet where someone prepared a custom italian dish for me that i savored! The Mediteranian restaurant at the Suites was also very tasty! There was no need fo us to leave the property. We had everything that we could ever ask for on site. Be sure to contact the concierge before you arrive to schedule a candle light bubble bath. Our buter added rose petals, champaign, and chocolates to make it extra romantic. My husband and I are already making plans to go back again next year to celebrate year 4 of wedded bliss. I would recommend this highly to anyone who is looking to experience the next level in all inclusive vacationing.

Butler, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We went to Iberostar Rosehall Grand for our 20th wedding anniversary. We did not know what to expect. It was breathtaking! Everything we could have imagined and more. From the fresh towel and mimosa upon arrival to the the friendliness and service, it was incredible.
We had 2 butlers, Rashane and Ryan, who were both amazing. Rashane made it possible for us to bring back an authentic soccer jersey for my son. Rashane also made it possible for us to keep in contact with our family by use of his telephone. He was always available and checked on us many times. Ryan had ur room made up for a special anniversary night while we were at dinner. when we came back, champagne and a bubble bath complete with rose petals awaited. Towel swans in the shape of a heart with rose petals were on our bed. It took my breathe away.
No matter what we asked for, the service went above and beyond. When I called roomservice for mimosa for our anniversary morning, they brought the whole bottle of champagne to the room and opened it for us.
The food was spectacular. Our favorite restaurant was the Surf and Turf. I now have a new favorite drink, Jamaican Smile. It sure does make you smile.
I want to give a big shout out the the Star Friends, especially Frosted Flakes. I don't know ho they do it, but they make everything fun. We enjoyed playing bingo in the lobby bar the first day when it rained in the afternoon. Otherwise the weather was great.
The beach is spotless and the water crystal clear. W saw stingrays right off of the beach the first day. The next day there was a beach barbeque.
The endless pools were amazing.
In short, it was paradise. we can't wait to come back. Hopefully in 2 years. I'm already saving for it!
Thanks for everything. I will never forget it!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

This trip was designed to be a liberating 41st birthday and that it was indeed. Upon arrival to the hotel I was greeted with a welcoming smile and a drink. Barrington was my first point of contact at the front desk who gave a new meaning to accommodating. He was so courteous and personable from arrival to departure.
I have been to many hotels but this one is the very best by far. The décor, the atmosphere and most importantly the SERVICE was phenomenal. The beach was so beautiful, to be standing in a body of water up to your neck and be able to see fish swimming at your feet. The veiw from my room was breath taking to see the mornig sunrise and evening sunset.
Ryan and Reneish gave a whole new meaning to world class hospitality. Though I went there alone, there wasn’t a dull moment. Having that feeling that is was all about “you” is something to be desired. To have someone you have just met exude such level of care is so sparse. If you wanted to have space it’s yours and if you wanted attention, you got it. Cordella was the most humble cleaning lady I have ever encountered. To have someone pick up after you and make it seems effortless Wow. Ricardo, I can’t forget that pasta you made for me that was just so delish! I literally cleaned my plate.

Thank you all for making my vacation the very best I have ever had. Ryan and Reneish YOU ROCK! I will be back

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
palm city,fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Just returned from another great stay at the Grand. Good job by all the Star Friends(shout out to T.O., Sassy, Sammi, Frosted, Kool and Lucky). Food ranged from excellent at the Gourmet and especially the Japanese, to good(and vastley improved from last year) at the Italian, to ok at the Surf and Turf. Service was solid at all restaraunts. Room was clean and comfy with a great view. Shows were good, with a few changes since last stay( enjoyed the new Raggae Nights), only glitch was with resort a/c in common areas, they are having some problems and the theater gets quite warm during the shows. They are replacing the stained hall carpets, and looks nice and new. Management is great as always and willing to hear about any issues(thanks again to Mr. Rodriguiz for another great stay). All in all I would rate it a solid 4.5 star hotel and with carpet refresh and some restaurant tweeks will close in on 5 star. On a side note, we used Clives Transport for the first time to get from/to the airport. What a pleasure compared to the bus. Would highly reccomend this

Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

everything was perfect... we were received with this words "we want this to be an extra extra extra especial experience" and they succeded

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Iberostar Grand Rose Hall? Share your experiences!