“Great Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa

You added Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Rodovia BA 099, Linha Verde Km 65 | Condominio Reserva, Imbassai, State of Bahia 48280-000, Brazil   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Imbassai
Belo Horizonte
“Great Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Grand Palladium is a great smaller resort that surprised us! I went there with my family (my husband and my daughter) in march, last year. It's a great time to go!
The room it's large, comfortable and clean. The piscina's area is very good and the most attractive is the beach, because the most resort's beach are bed. To go to the beach you have to take a electric car and pass in a beautiful way, with many coconuts trees. There is a great estructure at the beach, with a bar, sunbeds and a restaurant in wich you can have lunch.
For the kids there are many activities and, for the little ones there are a kids club with games, popcorn, films, play ground...
We have stayed at other great resort but we loved the Grand Palladium specially because the area of the beach. Worth it! And you can go to a Praia do Forte and Projeto Tamar; are very close by car, taxi or bus.

Room Tip: Prefer travelling out of season!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
diretoradjunto, Gerente at Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear client,

On behalf of the Grand Palladium Imbassai, thank you for your comments. It is exactly feedback such as yours that assists us in achieving the service excellence that we constantly strive for.

Once again thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. If you plan to visit us on the future, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and we will personally take care of your booking, to ensure you have a perfect stay.
Feel free to contact us at qualidade.brasil@fiestahotelgroup.com

Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Goiania, GO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have planned a family trip for the end of the year at an all inclusive resort. Have read good news from grand palladium all over the world and so we did. This has a beach too far from the hotel ( 1 km ) and the transport ( a golf eletric car ) takes only 6 people at a time, taking about 10 min each trip - boring! The attendants are in a bad mood, probably due to heat.The food does not fit to my stomach - many "dobradinhas" and excess of oil although the breakfast was good. On the other hand the rooms are well designed like the hole lobby.

Room Tip: rooms at first floor are better. There are no elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
diretoradjunto, Gerente at Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear client,

I would like to offer you our apologies for any incident that you can have had during your vacation. We respect your point of view but I would like to comment that we have personal for help our guest at all the times.

NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

DO NOT BOOK!!!!
Nice development. New hotel (2 yr old) but agree that not fantastic
Extremely poor service. (see below)

Check in: extremely slow. You may have to wait up to 1 hr (or longer) if you get in with other guests. You have to wear a bracelet (like you could go anywhere else??? - the hotel is in the middle of nowhere)
Rooms: really unclean on arrival (hairs in shower, etc) If the toilet does not have a white band, do not use. Minibar is free but had to leave tip so that if was filled with what we wanted. I have to say that they do make the rooms on time tough. Sofa bed is often not made. If you have young kids, do NOT book rooms on 1st or 2nd level, ask for ground floor only.
Restaurants: we had a big family, and in the tematic restaurants we could not get the staff to put 2 tables toghether, although the place was half empty!!. Do not eat meat outside Rodizio and there only the picana was half decent. Chicken and pasta are ok. Breakfast is ok, but you want to go to the bar to ask for expresso rather that pot coffee.
Bars: they are a joke!!! Heavily understaffed and VERY slow. If you want water for the pool you are better off bringing bottles from the room. Clearly, along with the checkin, worst service ever.
Beach: need to take a small car if you have young children (service is ok and wait is perhaps 10 mins at most). Bar in the beach is very limited. Nice location. No rentals available for the sea.
Pool: very nice pools. Clearly the best part of the hotel.
Shows: ok for the level of the hotel
Dancing: I really enjoyed seeing my 2 yr old dance but clearly poor planning on schedule (only from 830 to 930 pm)
Check out: horrible. Do NOT take the wrist band yourself, otherwise you will have to go digging in the trash can for them!!! Front desk should be fired!!! I grant you that they are understaffed but their attitude is ridiculous.
Tennis: the hotel staff did not know that you can use the other courst outside the hotel (need to get security to turn on lights (takes at least 3 calls and a pinch of luck)
Spa: looks nice but again poor service.

In summary: I would not go there again even if it is free!!

Room Tip: choose ground floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We spent 1 week at this hotel, and although infraestrutures are ok (not something extraordinary, just normal), service is awful.

The hotel has 3 tematic restaurants (for Rodizio, Japanees and Indian specialities). The Japanees one is awful: very badly prepared food, and very very very slow. The Indian has Indian specialities bad very poorly prepared, and the servies is very very slow. The Rodizio is the only one with good food (meat is very well prepared) and services a little bit prepared.

There are 2 buffet restaurants, with normal meals. The service is very poor (I usually had to get up to pick the jar or wine bottle and refill my glass although 3 waiters were talking and doing anything by my side).

The beach at the hotel is astonishing, although you have to walk trough a bridge (or taken by electric cars).

We had a problem with laundry service: they riuned one shirt and they just said that it came like that. What was not true, and they did not repaire the damage. Incredible: firts time it happens to me!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

One year ago, we stayed at Grand Palladium Imbassaí and our impression was very positive as you could see in my last evaluation.
As commented before, our plan was to come back and we did it some days ago and our impression was not as good as before.
Some minor improvements was done, such as the access to the beach where they put some rocks on the floor to facilitate the access to the beach.
The biggest (and bad) changes was related to the food, previously the variety of types of food was diverse. They served every day sea food (Shrimp, cuttlefish, etc) in the lunch and the dinner and also in some dinners we could eat lobster. But now, they have eliminated this diversity and basically they only serve 2 types of fish every day and rarely we can find some cuttlefish in the paella (with more chicken than everything).
Additionaly about the food, the deserts are repetitive and there is a lack of imagination or simply they are thinking on cost reductions.
About the tematic restaurants, no changes or surprises except the fact that the one of the good 'chefs' (Marcelo) dedicated for the tempanyaki no longer works there.
It is another point we noticed, the number of replacements they made in one year. Several people left or was dismissed, including the management team. This can be a sign of the reason to cost reductions and the food was one the indications.
We usually went in the low season, where most of the guest came from Argentina, however we stayed one day during in a brazilian holiday and the another impression was the resort is not so prepared to attend high demand of guest as we could notice the lack of attendees to serve the drinks and also some people to keep the places clean. Obviously we have to consider that some guest are not so educated to use trash can to put the reast of food or even the cigarettes.

One year ago I said I would come and we did it, but asking now, I would say "no thanks", we prefer the Iberostar

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

São Paulo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE. FOR THE SAME MONEY GET BETTER STUFF IN THE CARIBBEAN. UNPREPARED AND UNFRIENDLY STAFF.
While choosing the resort for our vacation, I went trough all the notes posted here, at trip advisor. As you may all see, there is a consensus that the place and facilities are awesome, but the services are far from acceptable. Still, we decided to take a chance and visit this place. For comparison, I could visit Enotel Porto de Galinhas and Iberostar, other Brazilian all inclusive resorts.
Well, and what is my opinion? Basically, the same.... But there were things that could really surprise me- for the worst. Interestingly, the general manager of the resort usually replies to the comments, with a "copy and paste" style post. Usually he writes that they are working hard to provide training and to improve quality... Well, it is taking quite some time... After all, in such a big international hotel group one would expect strong training PRIOR to opening....
All that said, let's move to the main issues:
1) Arriival and check in- OK. Normal procedures. They were out of towel cards. There is a Theater in front of the desk, so it was quite noisy.... the attending had to shout so we could hear it. Luggage was properly handled to the rooms.
2) Rooms: look new, the beds are comfortable, there is a good LCD screen with cable channels. that said, at the first glance they were very good, just like they seemed to be at the website, but.....
3) Bathroom: Here we could observe something I had never seen before, and that is EMBLEMATIC of the quality of this place. The floor was soaked with water... I assumed there was a leakage somewhere, and called the front desk. While they were sending the plumber, we went for a bite. When we got back, I was tod there was a major problem and that They would change us to another room the next morning.... I thought to my self... well, OK it's just a leakage, let's have a shower and go to bed... BUT, when I took my children to the shower I saw a large tuft of hair stick the wall, next to a sticker (which could be found in the soap plastic pack). Of course I could stand it... But it is not only disgusting , it is a fraud, in face of the price you are paying... Were I at a B&B next to the coach station, I would just ignore it... But I don't think my children and my wife should have to be there... Do you know what I reckon of it? THE BATHROOM WAS NOT CLEANED (OR AT LEAST PROPERLY CLEANED) prior to our arrival- major leak plus gross hair in the walls...
4) Main restaurants: Agdá and Oxum: Beautiful place, but the food is bland. In such a mass service I would not expect more. The waitresses are ridiculously slow, they don't know the place, they don't know the menu, they don't know the juices being offered, they don't know where the toilets are... A complete disgrace.
5) thematic restaurants: Here the food is of better quality, but the service is the same.... In the Barbecue restaurant, the meat was just average, the waiters are unprepared, I ordered a different wine and it took 20 minutes until they told they ran out of it... From the 20 options present at the wine list, just some were available... So why not put a sign on it? By the way, I picked one from those available- it took a while to be served and it was excessively chilled- someone could teach these guys how to deal with red wine??
6) Beach Restaurant: a fraud. It is not by the beach- you can't see the ocean from it. the tables are placed directly on the sand, so use sandals or go shoeless. By the way, there was an ant attack in one of the tables nearby... There is wood covering the sand for the carts to run.... Why not in the table area?? the waitress asked for our order prior to telling us what were the options.
7) Bars (all of them): The quality of the liquors and cocktails is just average, nice scotches and vodkas. Again,very few people working, long time to wait. Coconut water is placed in a machine, there is no coconut kiosk. The pool bar is the worst one, the guys working are overoaded and always fooling around. Thy never look at the counter, trying to avoid eye contact with us- it seems they are trying to hide. You must beg or talk loud to be helped with anything. They Always run out of something, and never know when it will be available again. Last day they ran out of lemon!! How can you sell caipirinhas with no lemon?
8) Entertaining: loud music and dancing, but always the same songs, and the same dances... come on guys.
9) Children entertaining: TERRIBLE. Always improvising and unprepared. I gave up the first time.
10) Fitness center: just average. the equipment is of low quality (do not expect hammer strength , life fitness or technogym), and look old, probably second hand. It is not open 24 hours. Pretty different from many less expensive hotels I've been to before. I went in the mornings, so there was no water available in any of occasions, just an empty bottle.
11) Beach: the beach it self is ok. One cannot complain about the waves or the color of the water- it is just natural. How about the access?? Is ridiculous. They made a bridge to take you to the beach with golf carts, through a preservation area. But they are never available, there is usually just one cart at a time so you have to wait for it to come back at all times.... When you get there, you have to climb a little slope and then you see the ocean. There are stretchers and some shade but they are far from the beach it self. If you want you must carry them down YOURSELF (yes that's it), with no beach umbrellas... There was a guy sitting there, just to tell us that... What a joke! There is a bar but they just had sodas, juices and beer, no water form my kids.
12) Pools: the only good thing. Thank god my children are small, so a good pool and french fries is heaven form them.
In summary, this hotel is a disgrace. Do not go there, and do not expose your family to this kind of experience.
There is a lot more to say. But I'll stop here. If you want to save this place, fire all your staff, close the doors for some time, train them and pay them well.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

The food is horrible - badly done, uncreative - seemsthere is no chef takinga care of it. The ingredients re fine , it is the cooking that is a mess. The beach is great, the pools are fine, the room is good. The service is patchy...at times excellent at time deplorable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
PBRTEAM2, Manager at Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for share with us your opinion of your last stay in our Resort, for us its very important each comment that come to our attention.

In case if you need any future request please don’t hesitate to contact us, will be our pleasure to take care of you.

Best Regards

Been to Grand Palladium Imbassai Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!