“Nice holiday resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Praia do Forte

You added Iberostar Praia do Forte to your Saves list
Iberostar Praia do Forte
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rodovia BA 099, km 56, Praia do Forte, State of Bahia, Brazil   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Praia do Forte
Tournai, Belgium
“Nice holiday resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at the Iberostar Bahia 10 days with my teenage daughter and enjoyed the vacation. Hotel is good as a holiday resort. We were there in low season so the occupancy was not that high. Service was good, rooms spacious and the grounds superb. Food was OK, not that much variation but you don't choose an all-in formula to discover top gastronomy... Bar offers premium brand drinks and wifi works well, though in lobby only and at a rather high fee.
Emilia, our hostess, was at the hotel every day and gave perfect advice and assistance. She's great! So were the girls and boys of the animation team, always there to make you smile :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on trip advisor! At Iberostar we value your feedback and believe it is the key factor for improvement and quality assurance. We work really hard to offer fun activities for all ages as well as a good variety of food and beverages making it fun and convenient for our guests who want to spend the whole trip at the resort! Thank you again for you comment and suggestions, I will congratulate Emilia and let her supervisors know of her good work! We are pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Quality Manager - Iberostar Brazil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
Porto, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at Iberostar 3 nights, for a long weekend.

On the one hand, I confess I was very positively surprised with the hotel's buildings and grounds - they were very well maintained... it was a pleasure to walk around!

On the other hand, I felt there were a lot of small details that made the hotel 'ok' rather than good. E.g., food, drinks, concierge, etc.

Rooms: spacious, clean, well kept. The balcony was precious. Nothing to complaint about.

Pool area: Although the hotel was fully occupied, we always managed to find a spot for us. However, there were A LOT of kids. The hotel must consider transforming one of the pools into adult-only, no music, no kids...

Activities: we were wrongly informed about tennis and golf at the reception/by phone. Plus, when we arrived at the tennis courts, there were no rackets for us as all seemed to have some kind of problem (there were about 20 rackets in a recipient to be fixed up.

Concierge: it seemed her only function was to book the specialty restaurants... otherwise, she was useless as far as activities and touristic information are concerned.

Beach: unfortunately, we stayed at the hotel in the worst month in terms of wind, so the sea was very brave (there was red flag every single day). Nonetheless, it was a splendid beach for long walks... if you walk for 15 mins, you can already feel you are alone in the world... priceless!

Food: we only stayed 3 days and we could no longer stand the main buffet. It was repetitive, lacked some fun element (e.g., thematic nights), and lacked simple & healthy options (e.g. grilled chicken). In the specialty restaurants, they lack service culture...

Drinks: soooo poor! Even diet coke tasted bad... natural juices were mixed with so much water that became tasteless. Also, coffee drinks deserved a laugh! Please improve this!!! Or stop being all inclusive with drinks. I would rather pay!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us at Iberostar Praia do Forte Hotel. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced when the front desk did not give you the right information regarding some of our activities and I will address your concerns with the Front Desk Manager to ensure this situation is avoided in the future. During your next stay with us, please do not hesitate to contact me in advance. Your satisfaction and well-being are of most importance to us!

Quality Manager - Iberostar Brasil
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was in there with my husband, and was awesome!! The employees, the food, the drinks, the ambient, the rooms. I used the SPA, and was a wonderful experience. My husband used the golf camp, and love it too. For sure we wanna come back in the future, and we indicate the place to everybody!

Room Tip: My room was in front of the pool. Beautiful view, and acess. Do not choose the rooms on first floor!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comment about Iberostar with us on TripAdvisor! We are glad you enjoyed the time spent at our hotel and approved the quality of our services. We sincerely hope to have you back in the near future for a few more sunny days in Bahia! Please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.
Adriane Romero - Quality Manager Iberostar Brasil
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Not good experience specially with the people who serve you!
The GYM instructor is very roughed
They have no customer service experience
It is not suitable for family, room service are too slow and it is only at limited hours not any time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comment about Iberostar Praia do Forte with us on TripAdvisor! Your feedback is very important to assure the improvement of our services. I am very concerned about your incident at the gym especially because our instructors are often highly commended. I believe they might have experienced a language block and I am very sorry to hear you did not feel completely satisfied with our costumer services. I will make sure our management team receives your input so they can work harder to improve more and more everyday. Please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Quality Manager Iberostar Brasil
Jundiai, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was with my family ( wife + son 5 years old ) on July 13 ( 05 to 09 ). It was our third time in this hotel and everything was great till the last day. My wife and myself suffering a bad experience with food. We ate in the kiosky localted outside where some chefs prepare some dishes to lunch.
Something was wrong in this day and my wife and I had serious stomach problems during the evening and the night. It was the first time that something like this happened and for sure it will be unforgettable. My review above is in a positive mood to the responsilble for this area improve their controls.
Overall, our stay was so great. My son loves the entertainement person, specially "Fofoi Uncle".
Our room was clean and the service was ok.. The hotel was fully booked, so, we faced some lines and delay to order drinks and food...but nothing so tragic.

Room Tip: Ocean Front
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us at Trip Advisor. We are as delighted you have enjoyed our hotel as we are sorry to hear about your last day. We do have very strict food handling polices and a team that works everyday to make sure food is properly stocked, prepared and served. But I will make sure our chef takes a closer look into this matter. We are also happy to hear about your kid´s experience with the kids´club and "Tio Fofoi”, our staff does its outmost each day to ensure that all our guests fell at home, I will make sure to let our entertainment manager know about your comments and satisfaction with his great performance! Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, we can´t wait to have you back! Please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.
Adriane Romero – Quality Manager Iberostar Brasil
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in May 2012 (it took me a while to do the review so I placed it as May 2013). Since it was off season, the hotel wasn't full and very calm.

I will start with the room: clean, nice and very spacious. There is a full refrigerator, coffee maker, sofa and balcony. Bathroom is huge, you have toiletries clean towels separate bath and shower. Bonus for the room service that everyday had a surprise for us with animals with the towels and placing flowers in our room. They were lovely and super creative!

The hotel is huge, dependencies are nice and clean. The best part is that there are 2 pool complexes: calm and party. If you want to play games, listen to music and meet other people go to the party pool complex. If you want to read a book listening to the sea and relax, go to the calm. That detail was very important to me since I needed a real relaxing vacation, silence and no agitation. The hotel provides a lot of activities: gym classes, walks on the beach, bb gun shooting contest, games, etc. There is also a night show with music and singing - the dancers are notably good.

The beach is super clean, there are turtle nests all over and it is a preserved beach where they reproduce so they can't have lights or food near the beach. You really feel you are close to the nature in this hotel, not only because of the turtles, but you can see a lot of birds, monkeys and crabs. Monkeys are specially cute, they are furry and tiny and eventually risk stealing food left on a plate.

The hotel is all inclusive so you can't be hungry. Food is not great, but there is a good variety. The day we arrived they had a food evaluation so the first dinner was incredible with a lot of lobster and shrimps on the buffet. The remaining days were just ok, nothing spectacular and same options every day for lunch and dinner. The restaurant near the pools open for lunch but are really bad, get the acarajé and fresh food from the booth instead - they are great. If you want a more refined food, you can book a table at a specialty restaurant for dinner. We were able to book at the oriental and french restaurants. The french is great, fine food and good options. The only one with decent options for vegetarians. Book all your reservations when you arrive or you may not be able to get a place later.

You have a good variety of drinks: soft drinks, fresh juices, beer, cocktails, liquors and wine. Cocktails are good, if you want more options go to the main bar near the lobby. Stay away from the wine, there is only one brand and it's really bad. Wine doesn't suit the warm beach weather after all.

Overall I loved the place, it was a great vacation for me!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us at Iberostar Praia do Forte. Your satisfaction and well-being are of most importance to us and will work hard to keep improving our services.

Adriane Romero – Quality Manager Iberostar Brasil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I love this place, the views, the coconut trees, the swimming pools, the kids club, the staff! Everyone seemed happy to work there! Buffet has a lot of choice, rooms are very spacious, nice and clean. I regret only the restaurant near the pool, which was sometimes messy and very little choice. Be prepared to walk a lot because it's very big...

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us at TripAdvisor. Our staff does its utmost each day to ensure that all our guests fell at home while enjoying beautiful sunny days in Bahia! We are delighted you have enjoyed our hotel while experiencing a great vacation. Please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Quality Manager Iberostar Brasil

Been to Iberostar Praia do Forte? Share your experiences!