We stayed in this hotel in May 2012 (it took me a while to do the review so I placed it as May 2013). Since it was off season, the hotel wasn't full and very calm.
I will start with the room: clean, nice and very spacious. There is a full refrigerator, coffee maker, sofa and balcony. Bathroom is huge, you have toiletries clean towels separate bath and shower. Bonus for the room service that everyday had a surprise for us with animals with the towels and placing flowers in our room. They were lovely and super creative!
The hotel is huge, dependencies are nice and clean. The best part is that there are 2 pool complexes: calm and party. If you want to play games, listen to music and meet other people go to the party pool complex. If you want to read a book listening to the sea and relax, go to the calm. That detail was very important to me since I needed a real relaxing vacation, silence and no agitation. The hotel provides a lot of activities: gym classes, walks on the beach, bb gun shooting contest, games, etc. There is also a night show with music and singing - the dancers are notably good.
The beach is super clean, there are turtle nests all over and it is a preserved beach where they reproduce so they can't have lights or food near the beach. You really feel you are close to the nature in this hotel, not only because of the turtles, but you can see a lot of birds, monkeys and crabs. Monkeys are specially cute, they are furry and tiny and eventually risk stealing food left on a plate.
The hotel is all inclusive so you can't be hungry. Food is not great, but there is a good variety. The day we arrived they had a food evaluation so the first dinner was incredible with a lot of lobster and shrimps on the buffet. The remaining days were just ok, nothing spectacular and same options every day for lunch and dinner. The restaurant near the pools open for lunch but are really bad, get the acarajé and fresh food from the booth instead - they are great. If you want a more refined food, you can book a table at a specialty restaurant for dinner. We were able to book at the oriental and french restaurants. The french is great, fine food and good options. The only one with decent options for vegetarians. Book all your reservations when you arrive or you may not be able to get a place later.
You have a good variety of drinks: soft drinks, fresh juices, beer, cocktails, liquors and wine. Cocktails are good, if you want more options go to the main bar near the lobby. Stay away from the wine, there is only one brand and it's really bad. Wine doesn't suit the warm beach weather after all.
Overall I loved the place, it was a great vacation for me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5 star hotel located in Praia do Forte, only 60km away from Salvador (Brazil). Sea–turtles reserve. 5 restaurants. Tennis courts. SPA and Golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, VISIT US, INC. and Hotels.com so you can book your Iberostar Praia do Forte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Praia Do Forte Hotel Mata De Sao Joao
- Iberostar Bahia Praia Do
- Iberostar Mata De Sao Joao
- Iberostar Bahia Brazil
- Iberostar Brazil
- Iberostar Praia Do Forte Bahia