“Quite Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Iberostar Praia do Forte

Save Saved
You added Iberostar Praia do Forte to your Saves list
Iberostar Praia do Forte
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Rodovia BA 099, km 56, Praia do Forte, State of Bahia, Brazil   |
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Praia do Forte
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Quite Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Being a European in Brasil first thing you learn is the star system for hotels is not the same, I would say this is a Four star resort in The European system. The Hotel is fine, nice pools and good food and the staff are very friendly, our stay was nice and relaxing as our room was to the quieter area away from the kids pool and play areas. The special restaurants are ok but
the Mia Thai was disappointing, buffet starter, cold and tasteless main course. Room maid was excellent and everything was set out to our liking on a daily basis. I have never been to a hotel where the staff have smiled so much, star was Joelma in the bar adjacent to the reception, what a friendly person, should advertise the place round her alone. All inclusive can be boring over a period but the food selection in Iberostar was good, with the ability to use the neighbouring hotel for a change
of venue. Overall a good call.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on trip advisor! At Iberostar Praia do Forte we value your feedback and believe it is the key factor for improvement and quality assurance. We work really hard to offer fun activities for all ages as well as a good variety of food and beverages making it fun and convenient for our guests who want to spend the whole trip at the resort! Thank you again for you comment and suggestions, I will congratulate Joelma and let her supervisors know of her good work! We are pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

2,154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel 1 year ago, and this time I had a better overal impression, maybe because this time I knew exactly what to expect.
This is a 5 stars resort hotel to spend vacations with your family, especially if you have kids.

Positives:
- The kids club is very well organized for children older than 4 year
- The swimming pool area is really fantastic
- The SPA is just perfect (but there is a extra cost to use it per day).
- The tennis courts and instructors are the best.

Negatives:
- I can't understand why there is wifi network only at the lobby area, and it's really expensive.
- The beach is not that great.
- The Maresias Restaurant was really under my expectations.

Room Tip: Try to stay at buildings 6 or 7. They are closer to the restaurants and the swimming pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear guest,
At Iberostar Praia do Forte we value your feedback and are happy to know that you have chosen our hotel for the second time! Your comments are key factors for improvement and quality assurance. We are pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay and hope to have you back again in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is for a stay in November. In Brazil we had a long holiday on this month (weekend + 2 days off) and my fiancée and I decided to do this trip as our holidays (as we had none this year).
Our plan was to relax, so we looked for the top all inclusive in Brazil and also not so far from Sao Paulo (plane + transfer around 3hours).
We arrived around 2 o’clock in the morning and there was only 1 person at the front desk. As we bought a forfeit, a small cue to get the keys and finish check-in.
Room: Spacious and clean. Air conditioning worked perfect and silent. Bathroom clean and good size as well. For those who mind, plenty of cable channels and LCD tv.
Beach: The sea is not flat as some beaches on northeast in Brazil, Caribbean, but you can relax and dive (watch out for the stream). Due the turtle wildlife preservation, they don’t serve drinks at the beach. You can get a few drinks at a small bar on top of the stairs.
Pool: Plenty of pools, clean and good temperature. If you want some noise, many people and drink at the water: go for the bar pool. At the other side a much calm part, if you just want to relax. There is a separeted kids pool with a playground.
Food and drinks:
Breakfast was packed with people at any time, nevertheless no food missing. Natural juices are available, but be prepared for cues for omelets and tapioca.
Lunch: A small kiosk prepares a different dish everyday (during our stay there was paella, barbecue, moqueca – a fish dish). Food was well done, but again be prepared for huge lines and get an empty plate at the end! Chat with the cooker – I believe Francisco was he name, one of the friendliest people at the hotel - is a way to be around for the food and get to know a very nice person. Not sure if he speaks English, but probably will be able to chat with you! You can have some burgers by restaurant close to the pools or a full buffet at the main restaurant.
Dinner: For the thematic restaurant you need to book and we got 2 meals at the seafood/steak restaurant and 1 at the French restaurant. Food was good, but the waiters need more training. At the seafood restaurant took it was a hustle to have a sparkling water…and on the second night, it took us almost 40 minutes to be served – only after complaining. The French restaurant the food was good, however, lost its classy once they serve sparkling water on a long drink glass.
In general food was taste and with a good variety.
Bar: Draft beer always cold, caipirinhas well done and drinks done with local spirits. One bar at night has imported drinks with live music.
Staff: Friendly most of the time and no hard times – except the dinner at the seafood restaurant. Some of the staff weren’t in a good mood (i.e reply a good morning or show some enthusiasm to serve) but in general nice people. I had the impression there are plenty of activities for kids, not my case, but leave as a tip.

Last but not least, I’m not a cat lover but saw only 2 cats during the whole stay, no bother at all as mentioned on previous reviews.

Summarizing:
What we were looking for: Travel in a busy holiday and be able to relax with a top service in Brazil. Always keep in mind, as in my opinion, Caribbean resorts are in a level above.
Pros: Good Infrastructure (pools, bedroom), food and staff friendliness in general.
Cons: Nothing made my holiday unpleased, but as improvements to be a top class hotel, I believe the food services at the dining restaurant need more training. Would be nice to find some imported spirits at poll bar (better rum, for instance) and wines, for my taste, could be a bit better.
I’d recommend the hotel, especially for people with short breaks and needs to travel on very high seasons. Although it wasn’t a cheap holiday, I’d consider return to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on trip advisor! At Iberostar Praia do Forte we value your feedback and believe it is the key factor for improvement and quality assurance. We are pleased to know you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I went to the hotel on the last new year holiday and spent 7 nights there with my family.
The rooms are very spacious and the athmosphere is amazing.
The kids will love the pool complex and all the activities that the hotel has for them.
Each night they have a special show but before you will have a good dinner in one of their restaurants.
The hotel is near the beach and if you have luck you can see some sea turtles laying eggs on the beach.
Be careful with the sun and enjoy the wind from Bahia

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool area.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear Costumer,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at TripAdvisor. Our staff does its outmost each day to ensure that all our guests fell at home while enjoying beautiful sunny days in Bahia! We are delighted you have appreciated our services and products and we value that fact that you recommend our hotel to future guests! Thank you once again for choosing Iberostar, we hope to host you once again in the near future! Please, do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Adriane Romero – Quality Manager Iberostar rasil
Juiz de Fora
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Let start my review by stating that Iberostar is not a dreadful resort hotel. Having said that,
I feel strongly that it does not meet the standards expected from a 5* resort hotel or justifies the high price paid (US$500 per night for a couple with a child - all inclusive). True, our room was spacious and comfortable. It annoyed me a bit that air conditioning is centrally controled. In fact, there is an array of features in this hotel which suggests cost saving is a priority way and above the satisfaction of their guests (one clear example is the unspeakable quality of the white and red wine served in the buffet restaurant; another is that they turn off the jacuzzi pool early, before 7PM, while many guests are still there). Food, by the way, is one area I am really disappointed with. With the exception of the Japanese restaurant in Iberostar Bahia and the gourmet restaurant, food is mostly bland and poor quality (fruits served not ripe, vegetables overcooked, meat not tender and not well seasoned, dreadful desserts, etc). Try to stick with fish, seafood and regional dishes - you will be better served. While the entertainment team does a good job, services provided (with the possible exception of the reception) are far from what one would expect from such a highly rated hotel. For instance, upon our arrival, only one of our bags was delivered to our room; it took an additional hour to deliver the other!. Breakfast supposedly starts from 7:00AM but many employees do not start working for another 20-30 minutes so that often I coould not eat tapiocas and drink fresh fruit juices! Finally, one afternoon I could not play table tennis with my daughter because there were no available balls. As I suggested above, such "cheap/cost saving" attitudes detract from the overall experience of Iberostar Praia do Forte guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us at Iberostar Praia do Forte.
I'm very sorry to hear that our services did not meet your expectations and
I will address your concerns with our director as well as our management team.
Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience if you would like to talk discuss the subject further. Your satisfaction and well-being are of most importance to us and will work hard to keep improving our services.

Barueri, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The best resort from Brazil to go with kids. They work with All-Inclusive system, but for a 5-Star hotel, the menu is not that much except the loundge bar that serves 12 years whisky. The room service is poor. The apartment is large, new and clean. The pools are amazing but you have to get up early in order to get a place near the wet bar. The hot spot are the thematic restaurantes ( French, Oriental and Baiano ) but you have to make reservations in advanced at the front desk check-in. Try the Caju Caipiroka at the wet bar. The staff is very friendly and attencious but not everybody speaks english, be patience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IberostarHotelBrasil, Quality Manager at Iberostar Praia do Forte, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us at TripAdvisor. Our staff does its utmost each day to ensure that all our guests enjoy their vacation in Bahia! We are delighted you have enjoyed Iberostar Praia do Forte Hotel while experiencing a great vacation with your kids. Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Beautiful property, lots of green, garden and amazing outdoor space. 5 pools to choose from very calm to stay with baby, with music and activity and a pool bar to stay with friends and with a playground for the kids to enjoy. Large and spacious apartments, very clean and with all the amenities. Excellent infrastructure specially if you are travelling with baby or kids. There is a baby kitchen all sorts of food and fruits, a baby care, kids playground and kids play room with lots of activities. The2 downsides are: 1-the quality of the food that could be better for a 5 star hotel and 2-lack of service / waiter around the pool area. But I will certainly come back.

Room Tip: If you are travelling a baby or want a more quite area of the hotel, request building number 5 that...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to receive the comments about your family vacation at Iberostar Praia do Forte. We are glad to know that our children facilities made it easier for you to enjoy your days providing a lot more convenience and comfort to the entire family. Thank you once again for recommending our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Adriane Romero – Quality Manager Iberostar Brasil

Been to Iberostar Praia do Forte? Share your experiences!