“Poor hotel for a lot of money” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Club des Pins Algiers

Sheraton Club des Pins Algiers
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Staoueli
Sheraton Club des Pins Algiers
You added Sheraton Club des Pins Algiers to your Saves list
Boite Postale 62, Staoueli, Algeria   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Staoueli
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Poor hotel for a lot of money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is my fourth time to stay in this hotel and decided to take a normal room as if you take a club room it was around 130 Euros more money at around 380 euro per night and what you get for that is two beers only and a poor apperitif. I expect to be able to have what I want at that price. The smoking is allowed everywhere and find this to be not acceptable these days. The rooms were so so and the internet which is free is appalling and very frustrating as very slow. The TV is free to view and BBC news did not work correctly as it went off every fifteen seconds. I complained about this but the staff are so arrogant they dont care. The drinks also expensive at the pool one small can of beer ten euros. The buffet was very poor value for money. I have to use this hotel as it is the only decent one in this area and dont they know it. The bedding was not changed avery day as requested but again I found it was take it or leave it. I think Sheraton management should look into this hotel as it is overpriced for this region.

Room Tip: Take a sea view room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

- Rooms were great on the ' preferred guest level' nicely refurbished. Nice + large, comfortable bed + quiet rooms.
- Went to meet colleagues at the pool dining area, que to actually enter + then an Arabic gentleman with his 2 'ladyfriends' pushed passed + given priority.
- Staff at pool area disorganised + didn't seem to know what was going on + arguing amongst themselves. One area to order drinks, then another to order food? Pizza was the nicest option, made fresh in pizza oven outside + delicious.
- Breakfast disappointing, waiting staff were lovely + attentive. Not particularly busy at 8am, but many hot dishes were empty + not replenished. No bread for toast, omelettes made for myself + colleagues were raw + not cooked properly.

Tunis, Tunisia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I found that this hotel is very well managed, the staff are very polite, and that if a problem arises, they respond and resolve the issues in a timely manner.
This is also true even when the hotel is heavily booked.

I travel more than 15 times a year, and visit hotels all over North Africa and the Arabian Gulf-as well as in Europe and North America, and I find that this hotel is one of the best, if not the best.

I feel that the staff show a genuine desire to be of service.

The quality of the meats, fruits and vegetables is excellent-always fresh. Room service is prompt and they are flexible on substitutions for side items.

The beds are large and very comfortable, and the sheets and other linens are of excellent quality-Egyptian cotton.

Poolside service is also of excellent quality, prompt.

We have never had any disturbances from loud guests in the hallways.

My wife accompanies me on my trips, and I know that she agrees with me.

Room Tip: on the wing closest to the swimming pool-facing the ocean, if possible
Porto, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Sheraton is always a safe return - confortable, relatively nice staff, good restaurants. Still things to improve: why do they stilllet people smoke in public areas? Is it difficult to have more options at breakfast (only 1 type of cheese??)?
Nevertheless, room was clean, internet worked well, people are nice. Good choice for Algiers - even if you consider you pay almost 300EUR per night...

Room Tip: View to the sea.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel has real potential. It appears newer than those of the other big western chains in Algiers. The rooms are nicely appointed, large, and comfortable. The restaurant isn't bad and everyone is friendly. The trouble is, the entire hotel is also massively disorganised. A short overview of my stay:

Check-in: It was unclear where to check-in especially as no one directed me where to go. On finally locating the desk (or desks) myself, I was told that since I was there too early, at noon, it was unlikely they would have a room ready for me. Alas it was true, so it was off to the restaurant where I sat for about 20 minutes before anyone realised I wanted to eat. The food was good but the server seemed confused that I hadn't checked in. She was friendly but it was difficult to pay as I wasn't checked in and it took too long. Finally back to the check-in desk where I was told I would have to wait for 10 additional minutes to get a room.

When I finally was assigned a room, the nice young lady at the check-in desk, when asked how to get the the room simply said "tout droit!" I wandered aimlessly for 10 minutes before finding the room.

Internet: It is creepingly slow, ie. 0.1 Mbps download speeds. There is a faster, paid option which is closer to 2 Mbps. For some reason, my computer locked onto the slower version and I wasn't able to get the faster version. Called the front desk who called technical support. No one came. 30 minutes later the front desk called (very thoughtfully) to see how it went. I told them no one had been here. Finally a technician did come but we still had difficulty solving the problem. After about an hour, it was rectified.

Food: I called and ordered room service in French. The chap on the other end of the line was absolutely delightful and good-humoured. He even joked with me about my order, which was admittedly a bit odd. Sadly, he didn't write down the order so the cook had to call back and I had to repeat it. The food was late.

Going to a colleague's room: I was in room 105X, the colleague was in room 103X. I thought we would be on the same floor, maybe down the hall from each other, but no. He was in a completely different wing of the building. Once we determined that I had to go to the lobby and find a different set of elevator banks, I went straight to the front desk and asked in which direction I should go. This was the only time of my stay where I encountered any unfriendliness. The young man rolled his eyes and exasperatedly pointed to the elevator banks. But when I tried to go up, I couldn't. Wrong key card.

I went back to the young man and explained the situation. He then gave me a sort of suspicious look and asked for my name before giving me a key which would get me to the room. The entire ordeal took 20 minutes.

I would love to give this place four stars but the best I can do is three as it really is disorganised and travellers are likely to be inconvenienced. If they could get their act together, it could be the best place to stay in Algiers - but for me it isn't worth the inconvenience.

Room Tip: There are nice views of the sea. I would recommend asking for a view if you want one.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Bad food and room service food. Every day the food is worse than before the italian restrant is second floor is bad bad. The main dish was cold and have no taste. I can't eat my dish and when they taked my dish they even didn't ask how was the food can't belive i am in restrant is sheraton chain hotel.
I don't think the hotel manager taste this suck food. I wish he can taste it so he can going though what i taste the food from soup the salad and main dish all like shoes

• Stayed May 2012
Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is said to be the best hotel in Algeria, This is my second stay there. The best thing about the hotel is its staff, they are friendly, professional to some extent, but very very very very very slow in doing normal tasks. From check in, check out to any other possible thing you could imagine. Don't do the mistake of staying at the Club Rooms!! They are way overrated, the breakfast in the Club Lounge is very simple and not worth it at all. The plus side is you get free tea at tea time and 2 free drinks (alcoholic) at happy hour. They have a good gym, but old equipment. The free internet is super slow (but at least its free), you can get faster service if you pay. My room was ok, the bathroom looks very new and modern but the water pressure was pathetic! I asked for a non smoking room but they said the hotel was full and put me in a smoker room, it wasn't that bad, it didn't stink of smoke and was ok to stay in. Overall its a good stay for where you are, might be a but over priced, but not so bad. Good luck with your stay. Oh yea and the food is good here which is a huge plus for Algeria as good places to eat are hard to find.

Room Tip: Good Sleep, Good Food, Friendly Staff, expect everything to be very very very very very slow, from i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Club des Pins Algiers? Share your experiences!