“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Staoueli
Italy
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have been here twice and both times I found rooms well furnished, clean and acoustically well isolated.
Personnel is professional and kind, but not all the people can speak english, even at the reception I met a woman who needed help to understand what I was saying.
Restaurants are adequate for the level of the hotel although a bit expensives. Nice the garden with swimming pool.
I expected WiFi to be present in all room for free but this is not the case. Be aware that It take at least an hour to go to the airport.
I think I'll stay here again next time

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
hotelierealgiers, Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your time spent in our hotel. Thank you for your review. We appreciate you comment about our rooms, garden and pool. On behalf of Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, we will be glad to serve and see you again.

Thank you for having taken the time to share your review with the tripadvisor community.

Sincerely yours,

Chanez Tolba
Brand Compliance Manager

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Arabic first
Cairo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Not a good hotel. But I guess it is the best of the available. Waiters do no talk except French. Internet connectivity is ok yet slow.
Over priced.
Dirty bed sheets (seems washed but had old stains). Not many food options. Breakfast moderate. Problem with electricity and TV in room for a complete night. Can’t change the AC settings.

Room Tip: Stay in rooms beside the wifi extender!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
hotelierealgiers, General Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Club des Pins Resort. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.
I have notified our management team so that any and all issues are resolved immediately. We take our statement of Whatever, Whenever very seriously and although frustrating, thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is through guest feedback such as yours, GUEST that we can continue to enhance and improve upon our Sheraton experience for all of our guests.
Once again, thank you for the comments. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please send an email to chanez.tolba@sheraton.com so we may address it with you directly.

Hans-Joerg Kreitner

Travelers are raving about these Staoueli hotels

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Of course this would be ranked number one hotel in Algiers ..
I couldn't find any availability in other hotels , that's why i had to book 4 days in Sheraton although it is far away from the office , after i changed the hotel to another one near the ffice , comparing this one and the other one , Sheraton would be rated a 7 star hotel .
Nice , friendly , polite staff , clean rooms and the best service someone can get in Algiers , if your stay is for business purposes , Sheraton has the best internet connection.
if the office was near that one i would choose it every time i visit Algiers ,

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
hotelierealgiers, General Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Sheraton Club des Pins Resort. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise
Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Lyon, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Second time I come to this hotel. Last time was in July 2011. There was a general strike due to salary considerations and other social issues ==> all restaurants were closed, no cleaning room, ... But still the same price at the end... The employees were really sorry to do the strike but they really look to be at their breaking point due to their management and financial conditions. I was feeling very sorry for them.

This time, stay was not really enjoyable again.
1. I had arrange with the hotel to have a shuttle to take me at the airport at 10:50. I wait 15min at the Sheraton Desk (nobody was there). Then the guy come and explained me that he has ordered a taxi for me that will be here in 10 min... 20min in fact... It was a normal taxi, not a shuttle, and my taxi driver was absolutely crazy (drive at 150 km/h on the highway where there was a lot of trafic...). Then the hotel didn't want to put the driver invoice on my note as it was 1230 and check in not yet possible. I had to insist during 15min for them to pay this guy.
2. When it was time for check in, I tried to do so and it took again a very long time to the receptionist to find my reservation...
3. Prices of food are really expensive for what it is. Buffet is not really the good option.
4. Hopefully, I check if my shuttle to go to the airport the last days was still confirmed. That was a great idea as no shuttle was planned (even if I send them emails during booking to ask for airport shuffle). So I go to the concierge and order a shuttle, and ask him to put that on my bill. Of course it was not done so at the time to check out, it took again 15more to solve this issue between the receptionist, the concierge and the taxi...
5. Internet connectivity was so bad in my room and in the lobby... Impossible to connect to skype or other websites

Good points of the hotel:
- Nice rooms
- nice fitness center
- Some of your staff is good but it is really a minority.

My two experiences at this hotel lead to the same conclusion: I am not angry against the incompetent employees but against the direction of Sheraton.
If Sheraton was paying better their employees, they will have better quality staff, and the clients would be happier.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
hotelierealgiers, General Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our rooms and Fitness Center. This proudly motivates us to continuously look at other means to further improve our services.
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Club des Pins Resort. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the airport transfer experience and please rest assured that actions have been taken in order to avoid future occurrence.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please send an email to chanez.tolba@sheraton.com so we may address it with you directly.

Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have spent a week in this hotel and must say it has been almost a nightmare. Receptionists are absolutely incapable of doing anything (it took me ONE HOUR AND EVEN MORE to check in and 45 MINUTES to CHECK OUT, risking to miss the plane, it's not exactly what one would expect from a 5-star hotel!!), credit cards are frequently not accepted (they ONLY accept VISA, no other card, and it's a problem for visitors coming from abroad), reception staff is unhelpful and not qualified to be there, one needs to sign for almost everything and it takes ages in the morning to be served a coffee in the brasserie. You need to have your room key to take the lift, so if you forget the key.. you cannot simply go out because there are no stairs (or if they are there, they're not visible and so cannot be used). The water of the indoor swimming pool is very cold, the beach is dirty and not well kept. So, the hotel is not worth the price. It's in reality a 3 star hotel, not a 5 star. The best restaurant of the hotel is the Trattoria, it's good. Waiters and waitresses are the most helpful staff there. The fish restaurant is TOO TOO expensive and portions are so small. When I left the dorade I was even more hungry than when I entered... The Algerian restaurant was closed when I've been there. The Brasserie is OK but à la carte menu is much better than the buffet. Only cakes at the buffet are absolutely exquisite. Another thing? One day I woke up and there was no light!
I had to do everything in the dark! Without notice, guests of the 3rd floor were left without light and it has come and gone lots of times during the day without prior notice. It's really too much disaster for the very very high fare one has to pay for staying there... I think it's enough...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
hotelierealgiers, General Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am writing to you to first of all thank you for staying with us recently and to secondly thank you for having taken the time to post your comment. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Italian Restaurant and the cakes at the buffet dessert in la Brasserie Restaurant.

We have noted your comments regarding your experience at the check out and at the Brasserie when ordering the coffee and we apologies for this occurrence. I am very concerned that you experienced that, as it is definitely not the genuine service we strive to deliver. Please rest assured that we do take your feedback very serious and that we will do our utmost to better meet your expectations next time given a chance.
We are pleased to inform you the training in our Front Office and Food & Beverage department areas is on-going and we will ensure to become more consistent in our service delivery.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

nice location, beach view, cool stuff and quite a few restaurant options of you don't know where to go downtown. rooms as per sheraton stadars. good crowd hanging out during the weekend in the bar and the club. cool gym and indoor swimming pool, open from 6am to 11pm

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
hotelierealgiers, General Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Sheraton Club des Pins and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Algiers!

Exmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Gadgets included a key which when flashed in front of the lift buttons. Took a while to work this out and it didn't always work. When this happened , I ended up taking the lift to the top floor and decending the stairs

Menus also confusing. Whilst there were all sorts of things on the menu, there were only burgers and sandwiches available at the bar whilst the restaurant was serving a buffet Only a day later did I discover other restaurants on the first floor

I never understood how the lights worked in my room and could not get the bedside light to work. There seemed to be a maze of several circuits, Why can't they just have 1 circuit, a switch on each light and a master switch near the bed and near the door simple!

The hotel seemed to have a nice pool with sea front facilities but these were all shut down for the winter -pity in my view

On the plus side Breakfast was very good (but not cheap) and internet worked well

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
hotelierealgiers, General Manager at Sheraton Club des Pins Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and outside facilities.
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Club des pins Resort. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the issue with the lift key. We do realize that this may be of little comfort for you, but action has been taken in respect of that situation to avoid this incident happening again.
As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of the hotel staff, please send an email to Chanez.tolba@sheraton.com, so we may address it with you directly.

Hans-Joerg Kreitner

Been to Sheraton Club des Pins Resort? Share your experiences!