“Best cocktails in Penang” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #414 of 980 Restaurants in Penang Island
Cuisines: International
Melbourne, Australia
“Best cocktails in Penang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I found Pinocchio's towards the end of our honeymoon. We were feeling a little "noodled out" so we wanted some Italian. We couldn't have been more impressed. We ordered cocktails which were mixed to perfection and our food was equally as good. He had the cannelloni which was perfectly seasoned and the pasta was a lovely al dente. I had the pizza which was exceptionally fresh and a perfect crunch. I cannot speak more highly of the service or this venue. A real find in Penang

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Penang Island, Malaysia
“Very nice food and kind Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went to Pinocchio last week and it was a very nice experience, not just because of the very nice and delicious food, the environment and the staff were very kind. At the beginning you see the restaurant from outside and you can't imagine how it really is inside, that is very comfortable nice athmosphere fresh and clean. We ordered a salad to share and me I take chicken with a nice mashed potato and delicious sauce and my friend lasagna with his perfect Bechamel, everything in a company of nice red and friendly staff.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
George Town, Malaysia
“Oops!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I started to have doubts when going to the (quite dirty) toilets and peeping through the kitchen door. The food was really not good, except for the pizza of my friend. The steak was so hard that we thought that it would have been best to keep that cow alive (not worth killing it). The spaghetti carbonara (with beef bacon and a sweet creamy sauce) was So bad that my other friend could not finish it and we had to go and look for food somewhere else in the city. My cannelloni where probably frozen (they were really difficult the cut as the bottom part of it was so hard). But the worse was when I asked for an expresso and I was served a Nescafé (the cheap quality) in a small cup!
The staff did their best to please us; but that was quite difficult to achieve in such a tachy place.
Anyways. Last time there.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Incredibly friendly staff with great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Ordered a pizza, was incredibly delicious. We went there at about 7 on a saturday night only intending to only eat but stayed past midnight because the staff were so incredibly friendly and welcoming. They had salsa dancing after 10.30. I can only say good things about this place! Thank you Adam, tonto and "Moe" :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere