“the ship restaurant batu ferringhi penang” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 5 branches in total throughout Malaysia
Ipswich, Australia
“the ship restaurant batu ferringhi penang”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

our son loved it especially the eschargots - now loves to eat snails, little novelty restuarant decked out like a ship - good food and drinks and reasonable prices..

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

England
“Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Looking for something straightforward after a long day travelling and this fitted the bill perfectly. Good service and well cooked food. Certainly decent value and no complaints.

Visited September 2013
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Not bad at all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

A famous landmark with loads of parking space. Serves a variety of western food, including fresh osyters (sold by dozen and also half a dozen) and escargots. I love the sizzling plate mixed grill. The even provide a bib!

Visited July 2013
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My boyfriend treated me a dinner here as the Hard Rock Cafe was full. I have never been here before but he had come to this restaurant few times. He's quite good with food taste so when he suggested to come here, I'm sure he liked the steak much. I liked the environment. I ordered a black pepper beef steak, medium cooked. I'm satisfied with the steak, perfectly cooked, very tender but probably the choices of vegetables can be upgraded to others eg broccoli and carrots instead of cabbage and long beans. Overall I'm happy with the steak and will come back if I have the opportunity.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Great steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

If you are looking for western food whilst in Georgetown Penang then go to the Ship in Sri Bahari Road.
You won't be disappointed. They do a really lovely English soup which I needed last year because I had picked up a bug and it was all I could keep in.
We went again this year and nothing had changed. The food was great. My steak was cooked medium and was fantastic. It is a very clean restaurant and the toilets are extremely clean. Only thing is if you like mustard then don't bother asking. The manager made me some from scratch but it was terrible(bless him)

• Visited June 2013