Being a local, this rates low down in my usual list of dining out but every now and then comes the need to entertain corporate clients with fresh seafood surrounded by giant bubbling tanks teeming with live sea creatures...... Have been here before and have been disappointed but the recent-most visit rankles ...
- seafood was fresh but preparation and taste was nothing to shout about
- 'exotic' fare beckons, like geoduck, turbo flatfish and Boston lobster and Alaskan crab but again, ordinary tasting which did little to give due credit to the catch
- we ran up a bill of USD2000 for a table of 10 but the mediocre service and lack of appreciation dampened our spirits somewhat.
- the cacophony from the tables all over drowns out any meaningful business talk or chummy banter
- large groups of tourists gorged out from gargantuan tourist buses swamp the place, knocking past the tightly spaced tables and elbowign their way through while you are seated
We shall not be returning
If you own or manage Bali Hai Seafood Market, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.