“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Nainital
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My experience with Naini retreat was really fantastic. their staff was very nice and welcoming. The best thing that we liked there was the personalized service that we got from the restaurant staff on the breakfast table and the nice spa in the hotel. I must say that everything was better than what we expected.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
vibhas184, Guest Relations Manager at The Naini Retreat, responded to this review, October 16, 2013

Greetings from Leisure Hotels Ltd!

The philosophy of “total guest orientation & satisfaction” has been the guiding force behind the organization’s growth in the last 24 years and we are proud that today Leisure Hotels is the largest hotel chain in Uttarakhand with properties in 15 locations.

Guest Relation Officer, Leisure Hotels Ltd.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Nice location and good facilities at the room. Food was good & people were very friendly. They provide free cab pick up & drop facility from their resort to the mall road which was very useful. you can get down at the mall road & go around places. I would definitely recommend this place. Very nice of them to pack breakfast early in the morning for us to catch the train

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

As is my practice, I read a lot of TripAdvsior reviews before choosing Naini Retreat for my 3 day stay at Nainital in October 2013. But I must confess that on this instance, the actual experience did NOT live upto the expectations created by the reviews. Hence, I feel its my duty to put the reviews in perspective.

First the positives - great house-keeping, immediate response to all our requests like heater in room, extra towels, mall road pickups, cosy rooms and courteous staff.

Now the negatives - food(breakfast and dinner) is not at all upto the mark of a hotel with such high tariff, and is prohibitively expensive. Further, it seems like the bonfire and evening program is just for people who drink as most the people gathered around have glass in hand. So, If you are with family and do not drink, then the bonfire program is a waste for you. Ironically, Mall road pickup is only till 7PM. The walking path to the hotel from mall road, is not well-lit.

In my conclusion, the idea of staying at a vintage-quality estate, is the only driving factor for choosing this hotel.

Room Tip: rooms on 2nd floor offer good view of the garden and bonfire area. Rooms with private sit-out areas...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Leisure Hotels Ltd!

At the outset we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at on your recent trip to Uttarakhand. We appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to write to us. We value your feedback , we will forward your specific feedback to our Management for their perusal.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Very nice location,with a very beautiful evenings...thought located at height...but overall my memorable stay.....wonderful interiors.calm and cool atmosphere .breakfast was good but dinner was not that much ok which i was thinking.

• Stayed September 2013
vibhas184, Guest Relations Manager at The Naini Retreat, responded to this review, October 12, 2013

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed in this property for 2 days from 2 - 4 Oct. Excellent property nice surroundings and wonderful staff. The only caveat is that there are long stairs. Coming down is easy but going up is a little task if you have elders with you or kids in the arms. But overall a nice experience and wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Superior rooms have a very nice view of the valley in the front. The garden view rooms are not the b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
vibhas184, Guest Relations Manager at The Naini Retreat, responded to this review, October 7, 2013

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have seen all of Garhwal region of Uttaranchal state. This was the first chance I got to visit Kumaon region. I was very much excited to visit Nainital too. Naini Retreat is just the right place to stay If you are looking for the best customer service. The food is a bit costly and you don't have much to devour unless you opt for buffet. However the food is great. The view of Naini Lake from the room I stayed in (110) is like a peek in heaven. The best part is the live performance in the evening in the fountain area with a bonfire by your side,,, man,,,,,,,, it was mind blowing. Everybody from security staff to reception was courteous (10 out of 10). Naini Retreat is a place where you will find lots of portraits of Rajas, Maharajas and other Royalties, wgich adds to its facade. A special thanks to Mr Prem Mehra, whom you will find at reception for his eagerness to assist guests and to Rohit, the night security guard who stood by me all the time I went to smoke a stick. A place to must stay in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
vibhas184, Guest Relations Manager at The Naini Retreat, responded to this review, October 4, 2013

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was planning to visit Naini Retreat since long time after reading the review on Tripadvisor. And this dream came true when I visited Uttrakhand during the month of September 2013 as my marriage anniversary trip. Initially I was reluctant to plan my journey during Monsoon season but I listened to my heart and decided to visit Nainital. It was my second trip to Nainital after November 2012. I contacted the Hotel Naini Retreat from Jim Corbett National Park and asked them to book my accommodation for 2N/3D. Mr. Mehta given the prompt response and called me back with confirmation of my booking in Hill facing superior room and greeted me for my marriage anniversary. On the way to Nainital via Kaladhungi, I was mesmerized to see the beauty of Nature in its full bloom. The scenic road, the big mountains, and curved shaped like roads everything was wonderful. No words to describe the beauty of Nature I witnessed on the way to Nainital when suddenly the whole area around the mountains surrounded by the clouds. I was witnessing a rare Natural event which was something peculiar for me as I had never seen cloud forming.
The Hotel is little uphill from Naini Lake but don’t worry they provide a complimentary pick and drop service to the mall road so you can relax with your car parked well within hotel campus that what I did. After crossing some down stairs we reached at Hotel reception where we were welcomed by a very friendly staff. Mr. Sudhir Bishnoi and Mr. Mehta welcomed us and after check-in formalities they escorted us towards our room. The room was very neat and clean and spacious with a window with Couch on its side facing the Nainital Hills. You can admire the beauty of Nainital from your window, I mean you can lay down and enjoy for hours with some snacks / cookies and tea. The view of the Hills from the window is breathtaking..a typical panoramic view..the lush and green mountains with bunch of clouds and rainbow. It is like a heavenly experience. Housekeeping service was prompt and excellent.
Then comes the food which is most important to me because I am a bit foodie type person and I found the quality and taste of food more than what I expected. The food was well cooked and mouthwatering. I thoroughly enjoyed every dish and items of their buffet meals. The Chef cooked most delicious food I have ever had in any Hotel. Moreover, all the staff in Gurney House is well behaved and down to earth personality. They come and ask you if you need something or how they can help you. I was impressed with their friendly gesture and brilliant hospitality they provided us.
I was surprised to know that they had arranged a complementary Marriage anniversary cake for me along with live music program with bonfire. The singer Teju has got a really nice voice and he enjoyed us with some romantic and old kishor kumar songs. After that we went to dining hall, and I was again surprised to know that they have arranged a Candle light dinner for us. Me and my wife were so happy and thoroughly enjoyed every moment we spent at Naini Ratreat.
In a nutshell. Naini Retreat is a place where I would like to come again and again. Thanks to all Naini Retreat team for making our stay and our marriage anniversary a truly memorable which will crave us to come back soon again in January or February 2014 as our birthday special trip. Now I truly understand their philosophy of “total guest orientation & satisfaction”

Thanks Naini Retreat. I wish to see you all guys soon.
ALI AKHTAR

Room Tip: Garden facing rooms with mountain view are really beautiful. the view from these room is breathtakin...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Guest Relation Officer, Leisure Hotels Ltd.

Been to The Naini Retreat? Share your experiences!