“Excellent Location for Stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Nainital
Grand Hotel
You added Grand Hotel to your Saves list
The Mall, Nainital 263002, India   |
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Nainital
New Delhi, India
“Excellent Location for Stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I am very happy with my stay during Jan 14... It is nice, spacious rooms, wide passage and the view of the naini lake... The staff is helpful & the hotel is centrally located.. It is one of the oldest hotel made of wood in Nainital.... Prefer to staty on the first floor and you can sit on one the round table and sip your cup of morning tea with the morning sun...It is bang on the Mall Road besode HDFC Bank so you have lot of options for shopping and food around... I would love to stay there again...

Room Tip: Have a look at the first floor rooms first...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GrandHotelNainital, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for enjoying your stay with us! We hope to welcome you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Lucknow, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

So after too much search n suggestion I opted to stay here during Dec 1st week last year .All doubt vanished with the time spent here.special thanks to Mr.Harish Incharge of the hotel for such pleasant experience.Sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: If possible get the suite at first floor and the last in the lobby .
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for enjoying your stay with us! We hope to welcome you and your family again soon!
Noida, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I was so happy with this hotel during my stay in May 12 that I preferred to go and stay their again for a short break I got in 2013.
This is a very nice,spacious and GRAND hotel.Rooms are clean,food is good(cooked at your choice) and is right at Naini lake presenting one of the best view of lake.
All rooms are lake facing.
Staff is excellent and caring.

Room Tip: All rooms are lake facing,can stay at first floor for better view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for making us your preferred place of stay while in Nainital! And for the special mention of our staff - it is much appreciated. We hope to welcome you again soon!
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Although my review is a bit late but I can't help but share my experience at the Grand cuz I can't get it out of my head.
First of all it's the oldest hotel in Nainital and so well maintained. It was hard to believe that it was built in the late 1800s. I stayed in room number 15 for about 25 days in the month of September. The rains were still around and the whole of Nainital was beautiful green.
The food was awesome and fresh all the time. One day I decided to cycle down to Kaladungi and cycle back up. Going down it took about an hour but coming back up took me about eight hours. After I reached the Grand, the staff asked me what I would like to have, I ordered for a shepherd's pie and boiled sultana for dessert. It was the best meal I had.
I would like to compliment the staff and the management for the excellent upkeep of the property and the beatiful flowers all around the hotel.
Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for having such a great stay with us! We are happy to welcome cyclists from all over the world and recommend many routes and trails in and around Nainital for our adventure driven guests.
The Shepherd's pie and Boiled Sultana, as well as many others, are recipes left from the days of the British chefs and are a GRAND specialty - thank you for enjoying them! We hope to welcome you again soon!
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

i booked it after seeing various pics on trip advisor and I must say that property is far better than what I was expecting. We had taken 2 rooms on 1st floor & i think this is one of the best of of naini lake you can get in nainital. Overall property is very well kept, rooms are neat & tidy. Most important bathrooms are fully western style & extremely clean. The hotel has retained its old heritage structure but has provided all modern facilities. May be to further enhance the service they can provide wi fi in rooms (though i didnt check whether they already have this service). Staff asks for tips but i told them not to ask for it and i will give it to them once i m checking out and they didnt bother me again. Overall amazing experience.

Room Tip: For best view take rooms on 1st floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for enjoying your stay with us. We take pride in making every effort to provide the best facilities to our guests while keeping our 150 year old heritage firmly in mind! We are happy you appreciated the effort. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

This was my third stay in this amazing place, we went with a kid and elderly parents and trust me the vacation would not have been the same fun had we not stayed here. Amazing location, very scenic and great staff, what else could I have wished for. Only problem is the parking but that can be arranged. Special thanks to Mr. Ankur Gupta for great hospitality. Absolutely loved this place

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
GrandHotelNainital, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for enjoying your stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you and your family again soon!
Armidale, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

This hotel stay was an absolute delight in one of the prettiest towns in India. We took an upstairs room, on the far Southern end - room 15, which I highly recommend. Looking out across the Mall and lake was truly sublime. We don't normally spend this much for accommodation, but the whole scene called for a little splurge, and being November, they had a 30% discount, which we gladly accepted.

Someone mentioned the mattresses. Yes, they could do with an upgrade - they are the old style Indian mattresses, but really, we both slept very well indeed. The rooms had that old British-era style - high ceilings and large. A balcony to have breakfast on, or to sit and watch the lights in the evening. It was quiet all night, and temperature pleasantly cool at this time of year. There was gauze on the windows.

It's the atmosphere of The Grand that is most attractive - relaxed and refined in that way only the old British-era places can be. No gaudy colours, no noisy vehicles out front, no dodging inconsiderate motorbikes to get in and out, no clinical tasteless rooms - but wide verandahs, large rooms, respectful helpful staff.

We ate snacks, breakfast and one evening meal there, and it was all very good quality. But there are such good restaurants a short stroll down the road that it seemed a shame not to go out for dinner. Promenading the Mall between 6pm and 8pm, when they block off the traffic, is such a pleasure, that it is hard to hang inside the hotel at this time.

The location of this hotel couldn't be better - right in the middle of the best section of the Mall, and close to the centre of Mallital.

Room Tip: Room 15 had the advantage in the Autumn of getting sun in the morning, plus it was larger than many...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GrandHotelNainital, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble for your well thought out review! We agree that only guests with a taste for heritage, elegance and doing things the old fashioned way will enjoy themselves at The Grand - we're happy that you did!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Been to Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!