“my favaorite place in El Salvador...no Central America” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Anahuac

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Juayua
Hotel Anahuac
You added Hotel Anahuac to your Saves list
1A Calle Poniente y 5 a Avenida Norte, Juayua, El Salvador   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“my favaorite place in El Salvador...no Central America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at hotel Anahuac and were so pleased with the hotel and the town. Cesar was humble and a great host. He spent an evening chatting with us about the area, helping us with our next destinantion/accommodation and coffee. Maria is a delightful soul and is always around to assist with whatever you need.
Our room and the entire property was fitted with beautiful artworks (murals/sculptures etc).
You can cook in the kitchen and Maria makes a great brekkie.
The ambiance of this place makes the ruta de las flores truely special.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at Anahuac for four nights and didn't want to leave. The rooms are clean and decorated with original art and detailed with unique fixtures, and the shower even has a real hot water valve (no fidgeting with the coiled shower head!). The courtyard is a very quiet, relaxing place to spend a morning before heading out for your daily adventure, and the owners, Gisela and Cesar, are very cool and knowledgeable. Cesar leads the coffee tour, which you should not miss, and other tours offered by the hostel are sure to keep your time fun and interesting. The rooms do not have AC or fans, but with the cooler climate, we didn't miss our usual necessity. Anahuac has a great vibe. It's one of my favorites in Central America. Did I mention don't miss the coffee tour?? Oh - and the breakfast is great!

Room Tip: I don't know if there are any rooms that do not face the street, but you should ask for one if t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We just spent a very enjoyable 10 days in El Salvador, and Hotel Anahuac in Juayua was a highlight. The staff and owners are wonderful and friendly, and the rooms and common areas very pleasant and comfortable. The climate in this region of El Salvador is quite nice, and it makes the wide range of outdoor activities (hikes, waterfalls, swimming, diving) that much more fun. In addition to the variety of physical activities, I highly recommend the Coffee Tour, lead by Cesar (I'm probably spelling that incorrectly), one of the hostel owners. It was fully 4 hours of information and touring, from farm to cooperative processing plant, to educational tasting. Wonderful experience. Hope to return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We really enjoyed a couple of nights here. We turned up without a booking, looking for a private room (my boyfriend was pretty ill and we didn't want to share a dorm). They didn't have one, but gave us a dorm room to ourselves instead, which was great. The next night we moved into a double room, which had a gorgeous mural on one wall, lots of space, private bathroom and french doors out to the street. Used the little kitchen to make some guacamole with things we bought from the markets.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

The hostel is really nice, local art in the rooms, hot water, nice garden and good vibes. They also do tours to a few attractions but were not much help in arranging a local guide as we couldn't understand much Spanish. The town is so nice.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was one hotel that really enhanced my experience of Juayúa and the surrounding area. The staff are very friendly, the hotel itself is quite attractive and they can help with all sorts of tour books and travel advice. The tour of the 7 cascadas booked through the Anahuac was one of the highlights of my trip to El Salvador and would definitely recommend it. The layout also fostered a very congenial atmosphere and it was a great chance to get to know other travellers. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Antigua, Sacatepequez, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This cute little hostel has very friendly staff, clean rooms with nice en-suite bathrooms and a nice little garden area. It also has a kitchen available to all guests and a small breakfast menu for those who don't feel like cooking.

The staff were very friendly (and I mean very!) and made me feel right at home. They were happy to help out with absolutely anything and helped me to organize a guide to visit the local waterfalls (Los churros-definitely worth a visit) as well as answering all my questions about how to get to my next destination.

In terms of value I can't fault the place. Sure the dorm has lots of beds but it is a big room with plenty of space and there is virtually no traffic noise whatsoever. Overall, just a nice quiet place to stay and enjoy the incredible surroundings.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Anahuac? Share your experiences!