“The first place I had alcohol in my life ( I was 18 by the way)” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“The first place I had alcohol in my life ( I was 18 by the way)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I will never forget this place because it was nearly December,and I was attending a company's end of the year dinner , I was there and they started serving all the types of caipirinhas ( different flavors with passion fruit, tangerine etc) and I had just turned 18, so I could give it a try.
It's a restaurant that I always visit when I go to Santos, my first time there was more than 10 years ago,I love their gourmet food and the splendid architecture of the place because it seems you are entering a jungle house.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sao Paulo, SP
“What an experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Very nice location, around 20 brands of cachaça for a perfect caipirinha and high quality and regular cuisine. It`s a little expensive but the experience is worth it. It starts with a two minute trip in the restaurant van when you mingle with other guests, after sitting you may start with the grilled squid (cooked in the slow way it shall be...) and the home made range of breads, as main dish you can choose one of "classics", penne à manaca (seafood in a kind of bernaise sauce) or the papillote (catch of the day cooked in a banana tree leave). Be aware of the chefs suggestions (mostly even more expensive than the regular dishes, ask always about the price, since it never comes spontanely from the staff...). By the way, the staff is very friendly and don`t miss desert!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
sao paulo
“beautiful place with irregular dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The ambiance is beautiful. The restaurant is lovely decorated and sits among trees in a lovely 'mata atlantica' garden. The music and lighting really helps creating the environment for a special meal of seafood and fish.
All started very well. The service was nice and helpful. The caipirinhas were lovely appetizers and the couvert was really delicious. We all hoped for the best, but the main courses were very irregular. We were a large table (9 people) and tried lots of different dishes, from seafood risotto to grilled calamari and shrimps to rice and lentils. Unfortunately some of us were very pleased and some were really disappointed.
The desserts were nice, but the check brought us to a sad brazilian reality: very expensive restaurant in an irregular kitchen.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sao Paulo, SP
“The best beach restaurant ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

If you're near Camburizinho beach, and you want a more gourmet experience, you must go to Manacá restaurant. Order one of the many variations of caipirinhas (for me the only caipirinha is with lemon and pinga) I don't remember the name of the plate I ordered but it was a grilled seafood platter and it was perfect in all senses. There's four separated dining areas so you feel that you're in a smaller restaurant. If you appreciate good food and don't mind paying an extra, you should definitely make a reservation and go.

Ottawa, Canada
“Wouldn't go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were in the area, had seen the restaurant featured on Tony Bourdain's "No Reservations" and decided to give it a try. The location is beautiful, but unless you're right in Camburi, it's kind of a hassle to get to (20 minute cab-ride from Juquehy). The food was totally unexceptional and very expensive. Given how lovely the entire Sao Sebastiao region is, I don't think that sitting among the tropical foliage is worth having such a mediocre, over-priced meal.

• Visited July 2012