I have recently returned from a weeks' stay at Spiti Prifti with my husband, 7 year old daughter and 3 year old son. We were with a group of friends who had all travelled out to Corfu to attend a wedding.
The couple who were getting married had stayed at Spiti Prifti before and before we arrived I had exchanged a number of emails with the owner, Eleni, who had been so friendly and helpful.
When we arrived we were greeted so warmly, shown to our room and given a quick bit of info on how to work everything and where everything was. Eleni then gave us time to unpack and said she would be at the pool bar as/when we needed her.
From that moment she and Glynnis remembered our names, were so friendly with the children, nothing was too much trouble at all.
The food served was freshly cooked and all really delicious - the breakfasts were fab, and just what we needed sometimes after an ouzo too many the night before!
The swimming pool was great - just the right size, with always plenty of sun loungers, no matter what time you arrived for the day. There was music playing so there was a great, fun atmosphere. Free wifi round the pool too for those who like to get online!!
The location of the apartments is great - right in the middle of two towns - Kontokali and Gouvia - and very close to Gouvia Marina. Lots of bars and restaurants - though this isn't really a touristy place so nowhere was very busy. Short taxi rides out to Ipsos found the grown ups in bars with music and the opportunity to have a dance if we wanted - or we had the option to have a low key evening. It was all perfect.
I don't think we have ever stayed in a small family run place on holiday before - we tend to do the all-inclusive thing, but this is the way we'll go from now on. It is so much nicer to feel like a valued customer and, by the time you leave, a friend. It was a wonderful place to stay - really relaxing, with wonderful staff, lovely large airy rooms which were clean and well air conditioned. One final, very lovely gesture, was the gift we were given as we checked out - a lovely souvenir (a decorated boat to hang in the garden) - such a lovely little touch!
It was ALL GREAT!! Can't fault it!!!
Thank you Eleni, Glynnis and Babis - keep on doing what you're doing because it's fab!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spiti Prifti offers 23 beautiful self-catering holiday apartments set in 8.000 square metres of stunning gardens in the village of Gouvia. Our resort is ideal for families and couples looking for a relaxing and friendly holiday option. All our apartments are furnished with flair and style and fully equipped to a high standard. They are fully equipped throughout for the perfect family holiday. We offer a wonderful range of amenities including: Fully operational kitchen, with refrigerator, microwave, oven with grill, kettle, coffee machine and toaster. Bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, Individually controlled air-conditioning units in the bedrooms, and Balcony or terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Spiti Prifti Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spiti Prifti Apartments Gouvia
- Spiti Prifti Apartments Corfu/Gouvia