“Bad location, old rooms, mediocre service” 2 of 5 stars

Le Dawliz Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue du Bouregreg, Sale 11000, Morocco   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Sale
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bad location, old rooms, mediocre service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

I stayed here because my colleague wanted a hotel with a pool. The garden/restaurant area overlooking the river is nice, but that is the only thing good about this place. Don't stay here - just come for a drink by the pool.

The first room I got smelled mildewy and the air conditioning didn't work well. I moved to another room which was better, but the shower head in the tub only reaches to my stomach. Therefore, you have to swat in the tub to wash your hair.

The restaurant food is not bad but pricey and the wait staff is really slow. The front desk people are not friendly at all. Internet is really expensive, too (almost $20 for 24 hours). Breakfast features an unexciting buffet with horrible coffee. There was no hotel lobby - it was all under construction.

There is a lounge/tea room above the hotel that features live music every night until about 11pm. I can hear them in my room but it's not that loud. On my last night, the district authority said it would turn off the water for 24 hours. Luckily it was only 12 hours.

I learned the hard way how inconvenient the location of Le Dawliz is when I was on the other side of the river (in Agdal) and needed a taxi back to the hotel. The regular taxis are not allowed to take you so you have to get a white taxi which is not easy to catch from the street. I had to go to a hotel and ask them to call one for me. It was very expensive too for a 15 minute ride.

I usually stay at the Sofitel Diwan - it's expensive but at least you get what you paid for.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

I don't know what kind of person designed the rooms here. They are large, but feel very empty. The bathroom, again large and with all the necessities, but not very modern at all, and the shower head only reached my knees. But, my biggest problem with the hotel had to do with construction going on. They are renovating right now, and they were literally tearing out tiles and banging down walls IN THE ROOM NEXT TO US at 8:30 in the morning! It felt like an earthquake. Then, what royally ticked me off was at checkout: I complained about the banging so early in the morning and told them that I had a very sick baby who needed to sleep and was woken up by the noise. The woman at the desk just said "well, we have signs in the lobby about the construction. So, what's your problem now?" I was floored. I wanted them to reduce the room price. I told them that I was leaving for another hotel (the Ibis), and STILL she did nothing. She could see that I was very very angry, but she did nothing to try to appease me or apologize properly. If this had been an American hotel, I would have had her fired.
(to put this in perspective: I've lived in Morocco for one year, and tried out many hotels. Physically, the hotel was about average; in terms of service, they failed miserably)

• Liked — Room size
  • Disliked — Check-out Staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Malverne, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

Our tour group (Overseas Adventure Travel) uses this hotel. It is a decent small hotel in a residential area not too far from the main boulevard. Four of us walked from the hotel to the main boulevard at night but the area we walked through was dark and we probably took a chance walking on our own. The rooms were reasonable in size and clean.

Our room faced the back of the hotel where there was a train track and another residential area - not the most attractive view but we were only there for two nights and the tour provided transportation and activities which didn't require our getting around on our own.

• Stayed November 2007
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2007

We were part of a moderately priced (O.A.T) tour, so I'm guessing this is a moderately priced hotel. While the rooms are a little worn they are quite large with huge bathrooms, and are clean. Our room opened onto a lovely patio garden, others in our group had rooms opening onto the unheated swimming pool. Second story rooms all seemed to have balconies. The hotel is on the river, and the grounds of the hotel make a nice little area to stroll in. It is directly across the river from a local market area that is about a 15 or 20 minute walk away. Since the hotel is large and white it makes it easy to find your way back.

• Stayed March 2007

Been to Le Dawliz Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Le Dawliz Hotel & Spa

Address: Avenue du Bouregreg, Sale 11000, Morocco
Location: Morocco > Rabat-Sale-Zemmour-Zaer Region > Sale
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Sale
Hotel Class:4 star — Le Dawliz Hotel & Spa 4*
Located on the north of the Bouregreg River, The Dawliz Hotel and Spa welcomes you in its charming and luxurious rooms and suites, all with a terrace for smokers. The Dawliz invites you to discover and enjoy a truly authentic experience. The 41 Rooms and Suites offer a unique view of Rabat city and its lights. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Prestigia and Odigeo so you can book your Le Dawliz Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Le Dawliz Hotel & Spa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.