“Eine relativ gute Wahl” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Sale
Warsaw, Poland
“Eine relativ gute Wahl”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I happened to be in Dawliz during Ramadan, which may affect my opinion. The hotel was empty during the day and the service was not very motivated. I think this was because of Ramadan. I liked the open-air pool which was very well maintained.
The big problem for me was very noisy party which occured every night in a near-by bar, very late.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

well first of all i stayed there only two nights and didnt book online, someone suggested me this hotel ,so when i got there the ladie at the reception was very rude and told me that all the rooms were taken so i had to take the suite wish was very expensive.I did so for one night and the next day i figure out that i got screwed because the hotel was empty .So there was room available when the next day i told her so she give me a simple room .At night there was this music playing from the nightclub next door and i was sitting in the balcony when i heard a big noise like door slamming , i went inside and saw that someone open the door ,i got so scared and search the whole room no one was there i called at the reception and they told me that its impossible and i probably left it open . I couldnt understand why they didnt beleive me !!!! the next day i left and went to more secure place .

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
AmalElMazouni, Directeur général at Le Dawliz Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Dear Nadia,

I would like to offer you my most sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations during your stay. Rest assured that your comments are taken into consideration and that your feedback will be used to improve our product and service. I would like to invite you to contact me directly next time you are visiting our city.

Tbilisi, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

Le Dawliz is a hotel which can be a much more better hotel, as it has a beautifull architecture, big rooms, big and clean pool, and amazing view. However the staff don't correspond to the level of the hotel. They are slow, not trying to satisfy the guests, besides the breakfast is quite poor. But sometimes if you are in Morocco, and enjoythe time, maybe you will not pay attention to the hotel so much:)

• Stayed April 2008
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

I stayed here because my colleague wanted a hotel with a pool. The garden/restaurant area overlooking the river is nice, but that is the only thing good about this place. Don't stay here - just come for a drink by the pool.

The first room I got smelled mildewy and the air conditioning didn't work well. I moved to another room which was better, but the shower head in the tub only reaches to my stomach. Therefore, you have to swat in the tub to wash your hair.

The restaurant food is not bad but pricey and the wait staff is really slow. The front desk people are not friendly at all. Internet is really expensive, too (almost $20 for 24 hours). Breakfast features an unexciting buffet with horrible coffee. There was no hotel lobby - it was all under construction.

There is a lounge/tea room above the hotel that features live music every night until about 11pm. I can hear them in my room but it's not that loud. On my last night, the district authority said it would turn off the water for 24 hours. Luckily it was only 12 hours.

I learned the hard way how inconvenient the location of Le Dawliz is when I was on the other side of the river (in Agdal) and needed a taxi back to the hotel. The regular taxis are not allowed to take you so you have to get a white taxi which is not easy to catch from the street. I had to go to a hotel and ask them to call one for me. It was very expensive too for a 15 minute ride.

I usually stay at the Sofitel Diwan - it's expensive but at least you get what you paid for.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

I don't know what kind of person designed the rooms here. They are large, but feel very empty. The bathroom, again large and with all the necessities, but not very modern at all, and the shower head only reached my knees. But, my biggest problem with the hotel had to do with construction going on. They are renovating right now, and they were literally tearing out tiles and banging down walls IN THE ROOM NEXT TO US at 8:30 in the morning! It felt like an earthquake. Then, what royally ticked me off was at checkout: I complained about the banging so early in the morning and told them that I had a very sick baby who needed to sleep and was woken up by the noise. The woman at the desk just said "well, we have signs in the lobby about the construction. So, what's your problem now?" I was floored. I wanted them to reduce the room price. I told them that I was leaving for another hotel (the Ibis), and STILL she did nothing. She could see that I was very very angry, but she did nothing to try to appease me or apologize properly. If this had been an American hotel, I would have had her fired.
(to put this in perspective: I've lived in Morocco for one year, and tried out many hotels. Physically, the hotel was about average; in terms of service, they failed miserably)

• Liked — Room size
  • Disliked — Check-out Staff
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Malverne, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

Our tour group (Overseas Adventure Travel) uses this hotel. It is a decent small hotel in a residential area not too far from the main boulevard. Four of us walked from the hotel to the main boulevard at night but the area we walked through was dark and we probably took a chance walking on our own. The rooms were reasonable in size and clean.

Our room faced the back of the hotel where there was a train track and another residential area - not the most attractive view but we were only there for two nights and the tour provided transportation and activities which didn't require our getting around on our own.

• Stayed November 2007
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2007

We were part of a moderately priced (O.A.T) tour, so I'm guessing this is a moderately priced hotel. While the rooms are a little worn they are quite large with huge bathrooms, and are clean. Our room opened onto a lovely patio garden, others in our group had rooms opening onto the unheated swimming pool. Second story rooms all seemed to have balconies. The hotel is on the river, and the grounds of the hotel make a nice little area to stroll in. It is directly across the river from a local market area that is about a 15 or 20 minute walk away. Since the hotel is large and white it makes it easy to find your way back.

• Stayed March 2007

Been to Le Dawliz Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!