Just returned from a week in Los Cancajos. Considering what we paid for this holiday (booked through Thomson), it exceeded our expectations.
The hotel is in a peaceful location about 10 minutes drive from the airport, basically at the end of the runway! Outgoing planes go overhead - we counted about 8 per day but they were mainly small propeller planes going to Tenerife, so not intrusive at all. Our apartment was in Tenerife block with a fantastic view of the sea and the pool. Also no steps which was great as we were travelling with a 2 year old. The apartment was spacious (plenty of cot space), beds huge and really comfortable (there were spare pillows and blankets), loads of wardrobe space, nice sofas to lounge on and a basic kitchenette which was fine for us (we are used to holidays in Greece in studios with very spartan facilities!) As mentioned by others, there is no kettle or toaster but these could be hired for a 10 euro deposit (we managed without).
The staff were helpful and friendly, especially Iris and Petra on reception. The hotel and gardens are beautifully kept. There was a children's play area (not mentioned in the brochure) and a new playhouse was being built during our stay.
We tried the hotel buffet on our last evening and were pleasantly surprised. The only gripe was the food wasn't piping hot but I guess you could get round this by arriving just after 7 when they open for dinner.
Evening entertainment was good - a duet played on the Monday evening and our son loved dancing in front of the stage! Drinks from the bar were very reasonable - 2 euros for a glass of wine and 4-5 euros for a cocktail.
The resort is very pleasant (there is a wonderful sea front promenade which we walked along most evenings) but the choice of restaurants was a bit disappointing. I think most people go half board. The standard of food in Santa Cruz and Los Llanos was a lot better - La Placeta and La Vitamina were our top choices. There was also a good Thai place in Puerto Naos.
We hired a car for 4 days through Avia Car Hire and had a fantastic time touring the island. Don't miss the observatories and the Roque de los Muchachos, Los Tilos and the volcanoes in the south.
All in all, we had a wonderful week and hope to return - we would definitely stay at this hotel again.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Las Olas Hotel Playa De Los Cancajos
- Aparthotel Las Olas Hotel
- Hotel Las Olas La Palma/Playa De Los Cancajos
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel-Apartamento Las Olas is a 7-minute walk from Cancajos Beach, and a 3-minute drive from La Palma Airport. The complex features outdoor swimming pools, a gym and free Wi-Fi zone.All apartments Hotel-Apartamento Las Olas have a balcony or terrace and a living area with satellite TV. Guests can cook in the well-equipped kitchens, and there is a handy mini supermarket on site.The aparthotel offers a large sun terrace with loungers and views of the sea and mountains. There is a paddle tennis court, beauty salon and massage service. Bicycle rental can be arranged at the 24-hour reception.Secure parking is available on-site and an airport shuttle service is available. Las Olas is less than a 10-minute drive from the island’s capital, Santa Cruz de la Palma. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Hotel Las Olas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.