“Oh I Just Love D Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cebu City philippines
“Oh I Just Love D Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

-The check in counter personnel are so warm and courteous and so accommodating;
-Customer service is even better than some other rated hotels I have been to in the Phil and abroad; wanted to buy a D Hotel shirt with a special Umami restaurant print (Umami is the name of D Hotel's Jap resto), and it was delivered to my room the same day; in another instance, it was about 5pm on a Friday, and wanted to order a bday cake for a good friend; since it was too late, most of the bakeshops refused to accept the order; the check in counter personnel never stopped dialing numbers and she did find one who delivered the bday cake just in time for our dessert; and oh not to mention that there is a ready electric flat iron upon request; truly fascinating;
-the room I stayed is spacious and furnished with elegant beds, sofa's, large cable TV, a small ref and of course Wifi ready; try the modern shower and you feel relaxed and refreshed after a busy day;
-breakfast is free where there crispy danggit and bangus is a MUST; while the hotel serves different cuisines, the food at the Umami Japanese restaurant is something you should not miss; superb cooking from no less an authentic Japanese cook and washed with "sake" or a bottle of "below zero" beer;
-no need to worry about the price; the hotel rates and food prices are so affordable and reasonable i had to entertain all my visitors during my 5 day stay at the hotel be it for breakfast, lunch or dinner; it's a steal;
-looking forward to my next visit to D Hotel; Not only was my first stay there so pleasant and memorable, it brings me memories of my childhood; right across my hotel room is my classroom in grade school, 50 years ago;

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very nice hotel with very friendly, helpful staff and centrally located. We stayed in a Queen Deluxe which was a smallish but clean room and the included breakfast was good and we were able to order a fruit plate separately for a small price rather than upgrade to the full western breakfast. The lounge chairs in the restaurant & reception areas were a great touch and we made good use of them for drinks or waiting for friends & relatives. Free shuttle service to and from the airport and free wifi at a very cheap price made this an excellent choice for us. The bed was perhaps a bit too firm but maybe I spent more time in it than normal. There was a safe in the room, but we didn't find it until we were leaving, not that we left valuables in the room anyway. 12 o'clock checkout was a bonus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dapitan City, Dapitan, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

may 29, 2013 we decided to choosed d hotel umami room for the venue of my sister wedding bangquete. the food and services they gave us was very good. and the food we ate were very good too. after our celebration we have a 3 room resevation 2 twin economy and 1 suites room. twin economy rooms was very small for the price of 1k something at least there rooms was clean. the suite room was execellence but one of there aircon was not function. it was a bad impression on the rooms even though it was clean. personnel were all respectfull. all in all i rate it 5/10.thanks

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Well pleased to know our city is expanding and this hotel brings out the best customers service. With a free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel the driver was a real gentleman carries my suitcase. Stayed overnight maybe can upgrade to soft bed next time if i am ask the bed a little to hard but in spite of that i had a really good night sleep due to a very long and exhausted flight. My room are soundproof and air conditioned were so quiet. Had a free breakfast too. All the staff from the receptions to restaurants and the guard were all very attentive polite and helpful. Perfectly run hotel by the management, Would definitely be back again with my hubby and will recommend to anyone. Thank you D'hotel for looking after me during my stay,, Thanks to the driver who picked me up and patiently waiting for me at the airport. See you all again soon :)

Room Tip: Any room is better!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This new hotel in Dipolog City offers amenities you don't get in many a small city hotel. Its main cafe and restaurant Tonino's, is elegant and clean, food is 5 star in taste and variety, and the price is mind-blowing LOW! Japanese cuisine and some weekend band is offered in the 5th floor restaurant with a view to the sea on the west and the green hills on the east. Check out the wine room and furnitures! Rooms are for business stay, sparingly simple and clean and with enough fresh towels and a big flat screen TV (I stayed in a double and a family room). Check out the shower too. Staff is well trained. To top it all, it is in the city center, so you can walk to most points in the city from D'Hotel. Given that this hotel is just 3 months or so young, it should flourish as it matures!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Gorgeous hotel!! There's a saying that first impression lasts, with this hotel structure, absolutely true but try to check their room rates and you can say that the rate is okay because it is not what you imagined by looking at the facade.. They also serve good food and there's no need for you to go out elsewhere to dine and wine.. Will definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Grand Ledge, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

When I arrived at the D'Hotel the staff was very friendly as they remained through my eleven day stay there. In fact, the staff is really the standout at this hotel...friendly, accomodating and to a westerner, more courteous than one would expect. My kudos and thanks to all the staff there at the D'Hotel! The lobby was very nice and I was very happy for the moment. I agree with one other reviewer on the lack of air conditioning in the hallways which makes no sense for maintaining a constant temperature in the building and from a comfort standpoint. The room I had booked was a Queen Deluxe and when I entered the room I was taken back at how small the room was...barely enough room to walk around the bed comfortably. I indicated my displeasure to the staff and they upgraded me at no cost to a Junior Suite which was just barely as large as a regular run of the mill hotel room but it was large enough and was acceptable. After settling in for a little while I started to see a few issues. First, there are no closets or storage in any of the rooms. There's room for compact closets and storage but there is none and I would highly recommend the owner make those modifications. Second, many of the fixtures in the room are really cheap junk...and example. There was a sign saying towels hung up are considered for reuse and left on the floor for replacement. We attemped to hang up a towel and the towel rack literally fell apart and the staff had to come and remount the fixture which continued to fall apart even after they fixed it because it was such a cheap piece of junk! Sorry...it's just the truth. We had a few problems with ants that the staff took care of immediately and would no doubt be eliminated by keeping the hallways air conditioned. The shower is a mounted to the ceiling rain type fixture that I find very difficult to feel like you're even getting fully rinsed by and there are so much better fixtures that would have cost less than half what those cost (Hint...Speakman) that provide strong water flow with a low volume water. I have one other issue with the hotel and this one was probably the biggest inconvenience for me. There is no hot water in the sinks othere than in the Executive Suite (Not sure why they call it a suite) room. This makes shaving for anyone with any kind of beard just not possible so I had to get in the shower, wash my face, get out of the shower, shave the edges of my face along hairlines then get back in the shower and shave blind the rest of my face...a big inconvenience for sure.

All that said...my stay at the D' Hotel was pleasant and I would recommend it because of its location and staff. The food at Tonino's is also excellent. I was very happy with the free Filipino breakfast provided and the staff in the restaurant was excellent as well! I will say that with a few modifications that could be made by the owner for minimal costs, this would be by far the best choice for stay in Dipolog. It's new, it's clean, it's as conveniently located as it could possibly be and as I've said before, the staff really makes this hotel standout! There are plenty of places to eat nearby...I would recommend Grandma's and Jolibee is just two blocks down and the food is decent. The open markets are close by, pharmacys and little stores are all over the place and the boulevard, a short walk away, at night has great street food that you should really try.

Room Tip: If you have a heavy beard and need to shave while you're there I would recommend the Executive S...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to D'Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!