My wife and I recently spent 5 nights at Phong Nha Farmstay and really enjoyed our time off the usual tourist route. Firstly if you are travelling up from Hue try and incorporate a visit to the DMZ via Vinh Muooc Tunnels as part of your transfer. There's some much to learn about the war and this great opportunity to be informed. As an older couple we stayed in a room upstairs and were very comfortable and enjoyed the view across the rice fields from the hammocks especially when there's a cool breeze. The tours were terrific and we thoroughly enjoyed the National Park & Boat & Bike Tours especially the swim in the Dark Cave, beer on the bridge at sunset, Paradise Cave and the awesome scenery. Staff were also friendly and knowledgeable always willing to help. Special thanks to Denise, Marty & Gina (Tours), Ben for passionate chats about the area, Tine for keeping an eye on our rickety bike skills and the locals (Hong, Lom & Sami?). Finally the farmstay is nice place to chill too after doing the tours and especially during the day when everyone is on the tours.
- Also Known As:
- Phong Nha Farm Stay Hotel
- Phong Nha Farm Stay Hotel Dong Hoi
- Phong Nha Farm Stay Dong Hoi, Quang Binh, Vietnam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something for everybody. Immerse yourself in the magic of remote rural Vietnam, between the coast and the mountains, in the northern Central region yet to be discovered by mainstream tourism. Take yourself on a trip into a photographer’s paradise. Our new French Colonial style accommodation, set in the idyllic surroundings of rice paddy fields on the edge of the famous Phong Nha-Ke Bang World Heritage National Park just off the Ho Chi Minh Trail, is the ideal base for wild adventures that you have only dreamed about… or simply take time to experience the local village life or chill by the pool. And all of this at a very affordable price. ... more less