When we entered the Farmstay Mike was very sure to let us know (probably due to some of the reviews on here) that at times food orders etc could be slow as the staff are local, some previously rice farmers, and new to hospitality. I however never found this a problem! They were super nice, very attentive and always served with a smile.
We stated in a room on the second floor. It was spacious, had an amazing view of endless rice paddies, had a large bathroom and semi private back balcony. The large comfy bed also had a beautiful mosquito net though we never saw any mosquitos.
If I had one qualm it would be that the hammock directly outside our window was often occupied by staff members napping on their breaks. It could at times feel a little awkward. :)
Stay long enough for the tours! We did the bike and boat cave tour, and the 7km paradise cave trek. Both were phenomenal!
Food was a bit pricey, and their local range wasn't anything to write home about, but they did suggest that we should borrow a bike and go invest in the local eateries if we wanted Vietnamese. Their real culinary forte is delicious fresh home cooked twists on western food. A whiz bang beef stew, awesome 'Aussie' meat pie, fantastic fresh potato fries were all enjoyed on our stay (even though I normally steer well clear of the western options)
Phong Nha Farmstay really felt more like home than a hotel. So lovely :)
- Also Known As:
- Phong Nha Farm Stay Hotel
- Phong Nha Farm Stay Hotel Dong Hoi
- Phong Nha Farm Stay Dong Hoi, Quang Binh, Vietnam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Something for everybody. Immerse yourself in the magic of remote rural Vietnam, between the coast and the mountains, in the northern Central region yet to be discovered by mainstream tourism. Take yourself on a trip into a photographer’s paradise. Our new French Colonial style accommodation, set in the idyllic surroundings of rice paddy fields on the edge of the famous Phong Nha-Ke Bang World Heritage National Park just off the Ho Chi Minh Trail, is the ideal base for wild adventures that you have only dreamed about… or simply take time to experience the local village life or chill by the pool. And all of this at a very affordable price. ... more less