“Off season, the chairs can't be beat” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #128 of 179 Restaurants in Hvar Island
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bonj ‘les bains’ Beach ClubUnsurpassed seafront ambiance, first-class amenities, and inspiring surroundings make Bonj ‘les bains’ a quintessential experience in Hvar.This white stone colonnade nestled under a pine grove is an architectural wonder from the 1930’s. Bonj’s exclusive offer includes private stone cabanas, individual and couples massage at Sensori Ô, sun beds, showers as well as dining at Steak food restaurant and entertainment. This is an exquisite way to enjoy the Adriatic's azure waters and fragrant breeze. Sip cocktails and lounge to your heart’s content during the day and enjoy creative dining and dancing under the stars by night.Address: Bonj, 21450 HvarOpened: 10 am to midnightAwards & recognitions: Bonj 'les bains': The 20 hottest European beachesTimesonline 2010
Cleveland, OH
“Off season, the chairs can't be beat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I'll preface by saying that we were there 5 days before they close for the season. I'll also admit that there were ridiculously few diners in the restaurant. That being said, my husband and I had a wonderful time sunbathing.
Pros: easy access to water, showers, clean bathrooms, no kids, decent food (what do you expect? It's a beach bar)
Cons: could be pricey for some. 450 kn for two chairs off season, service is spotty. You're better off sitting near the bar and ordering your drinks from the bar.

Regardless, we came here twice and have beatiful pictures of the view that we looked at all day. I'll never forget the memories I have of laying in the warm sun and listening to the waves lap up onto the rocks.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful Ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Yes it is pricey but what isn’t in Hvar? This restaurant has a gorgeous setting, it is a little pricier than other restaurants which would be a given for its location. We found the staff very welcoming & polite. The Beef Carpaccio was to die for, the fish not so much. The overall experience was a nice conclusion to our time in Hvar.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Shocking Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is the first time I've actually bothered to write a bad review, ever. But I went to the Bonj Les Bains restaurant recently (August 2013) as it had a beautiful view and was presented like a nice restaurant with pricing reflecting this. My boyfriend and I were actually appalled by the service. After waiting more than 15 minutes to be served I had to personally get up out of my seat and approach a waiter and ask for service on our table, which in my opinion is ridiculous in any restaurant despite a more pricey one like this. Oh and no apology from the waiter, just took our order and left.

Our food arrived and was actually quite good until my boyfriend realised his steak was extremely rare (bleeding) and was meant to be medium as the stick in meat had written on it. We told the waiter and all he did was make excuses and say there must have been a miscommunication.... Although the chef clearly knew it was meant to be cooked medium as that's what the stick inside the steak had written on it. Once again no apology, we waited yet again 15 minutes for the bill to be collected.

Overall, a lovely view but very disappointed. We've been to many nice restaurants and are always happy to pay as much as necessary for a delicious meal and good service and aren't usually too picky at all but having to ask a waiter to do their job and actually serve us is ridiculous. Save your money and go somewhere cheaper, the food will be the same and it won't be hard to top the service at this place.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Split, Croatia
“Great ambiance & service- should be rated higher!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The ambiance is the first thing you will notice in this place, the setting is so beautiful you just do not want to leave. Unlike plenty other crowded restaurants in the city center, this place is no rush, cozy, great view and chic.
The service is professional, not intrusive, just what I wanted as I had a *working* meal not willing to chat to much with them. Saw them at the tables near by mine and they seem to know their stuff. The open grill is great, which is where I got my yummie beefsteak from. Raw weggies with cheese sauce as a complimentary, steak and potato in a foil were all great.
Definetly would reccomend visiting, especially if you are with your loved one :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Berlin, Germany
“Waste of money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I rarely write reviews, but I feel the need to warn folks about this place. The views are great and it's somewhat interesting, but Bonj les Bains is an insulting waste of money with bad food and service. We rented two chairs, cost $130 USD. We ordered two hamburger plates, cost $70. The burgers were frozen horse meat patties. The only redeeming part about this beach club - the price kept out screaming kids. For the same price, you can rent a small boat for a day and travel around the numerous islands of Hvar's archipelago.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere