“Customer service superb” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in South Normanton
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Customer service superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Staff were superb. Receptionist very friendly & chatted to my little boy while I was checking in, and restaurant staff couldn't do enough to help me get my own and my son's breakfast.
Room is a standard Premier Inn room. It was clean, well appointed and had all the usual facilities. It's just off the M1 so I expected a bit of road noise, but was pleasantly surprised by how quiet the room was, considering its location.
The only minor issue I have with Premier Inns - & its not just this one - is that they only give you 2 tea bags on the room tray! It's not always easy with a small child to go back to reception & get more. But it's only a minor niggle & I always take my own box of tea bags as I know in advance what's going to happen!!
So all in all a good standard hotel in a convenient location, with lovely staff. Will stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent with us at The Mansfield Premier Inn. Myself and team pride ourselves on providing excellent Customer service to all our guests and maintaining our very high standards. I have read your comments around the number of tea/coffee sachets that are provided in the rooms, these are set as standard in Premier Inn but we are always happy to provide extra supplies for our guests which are available from reception or house keeping. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Premier Inn if you visit the area again in the future.

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I've stayed here on over 50 occasions over the past few months and, for a budget hotel, have found it absolutely fine. Rooms are a decent size with the most comfortable beds you could wish for. The rooms are always clean and bathrooms have baths, which isn't often the case. The welcome from the staff has been warm and friendly every single time I've checked in. Situation about 7 miles out of Mansfield, it's about 20 minutes away and only a minute from the M1. At £39 (if you can get that rate) there's really nothing to complain about and even at the more regular £60, I reckon it's pretty good.

The attached restaurant is a Brewers Fayre, which lets the stay down. It's not a restaurant I would every go to for a night out (though lots of locals do!). The menu is full of, not particularly cheap, typical low quality, pre-prepared, processed food. There are the "eat as much as you like" nightly buffets which are cheap (£6.49 I think), but stuffing yourself with even lower quality, chemical and salt filled food isn't my idea of fun, particularly when that's your nightly options. That said, the restaurant staff are excellent, always offering a very customer-centered approach, which is more than you can say of so many places. All of that said, if you'er only staying there for the odd night, it'd be fine.

Lastly, as poor as I think dinner is, breakfast is a real strength, as with all Premier Inns. Offer of continental or full. Lots of cereals, yoghurts, toast, crumpets, juice, porridge. Full breakfast (tho less healthy) offers a wide choice as well as eggs anyway you want them and veggie sausages. Great way to start the day - apart from the annoying and far too upbeat pop music played from 6.30 in the morning!!

Room Tip: Better water pressure in the ground floor rooms!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us at the Mansfield Premier Inn. I am delighted to hear that over the last few months you have had an enjoyable stay with us. Myself and team pride ourselves on providing excellent Customer service to all of our guests and maintaining our very high standards. I have read your comments regarding the issues you experienced in our adjoining Restaurant and have passed them on to the Restaurant General Manager. Our Head Office monitor feedback from all of our Guests relating to issues during their stay and act upon them accordingly. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Premier Inn in the coming months.
blackburn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

i stayed here for a overnight stay as i would normally booked into premier inns. i was not notified of the very busy road outside my room. traffic (lorries) all night long interupted sleep, not happy. told reception lady who replied, next time book a room at the back of the hotel!
incredible.

will not stay again and will consider other hotels before premier.

Room Tip: ask is room faces the main road. if so then ask for one at the back
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Mansfield, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review.

It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to provide this due to the noise disturbances you encountered throughout your stay.

Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Naina

Social Media Team,
Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
Flint, Flintshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This was our second visit to Premier Inn at Mansfield and as before it was perfectly adequate and in many respects good. It was clean and tidy and on the whole well maintained. Staff were friendly and polite with a care for our well being. The beds are very comfy and the room spacious if a little lacking in flair. They are a good example of how a "budget hotel" should be. The reading lamps at the bed were far too weak to enjoy a comfortable read, and we always like to leave a small light on at night but it was not possible in this case; the room lights were too big to use and the bathroom (which we usually have to use ) could only be left on accompanied by a very noisy fan. Trips to the bathroom were a bit of a stumble in the dark this time !! Why don't hotel bedrooms come with small nightlights. I am sure parents with small children would welcome them as well as old fogies like us. On the whole good value for money and a descent restaurant (Brewer's Fayre) attached.

Room Tip: Some rooms were a long walk from reception and there is no lift to the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at The Mansfield Premier Inn. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us again and that we continue to provide the excellent standards that are expected of Premier Inn. I have read your comments regarding the lighting and the bathroom extractor fans. These comments have been passed onto our Head Office who monitor feedback given by all of our Guests, our Head Office act upon feedback given by our Guests to ensure we are delivering the highest of standards at all times to all of our Guests. I have passed your comments regarding your visit to our adjoining Brewers Fayre on to the Restaurant General Manager and am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable meal. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Premier Inn in the future should you visit the area again.
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel is clean, pleasant and the staff do their best to make you feel welcome but it is still just a little bit soulless. My room was perfectly clean and well presented but.................it was a cold night and as hard as I tried, I couldn't get the room warm. Strange, step outside into the corridor and roast but in the room the thermostat said 23c but it felt like -23c! Had to go to reception for a spare blanket. Oh and I think it a bit off to be charged £3 to use the wi-fi - especially as in my case, I logged on and paid online by PayPal only for it to crash immediately afterwards and then remain erratic and no better than poor quality signal for the rest of my stay. Did complain at reception but as I paid online they wouldn't refund. If other chains and independents can get the wi-fi right and provide it free, why can't Whitbread do it in the Premier chain?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at The Mansfield Premier Inn. I have read your comments and am happy to hear that you found the hotel and staff meet your expected standards. At our Premier Inn the heating controls in each room are pre-set and adjustable to allow guests to control the temperatures of the rooms to suit the individual preferences, however we do have additional bedding & heaters should they be required by our Guests during the colder spells of weather. Your comments regarding the issues you had with the Wifi provided by Premier Inn have been passed onto to our Head Office who monitor feedback given by our Guests and act upon these comments to ensure we are delivering the best service to all of our Guests. Once again thank you for your comments, we look forward to welcoming you back to our Premier Inn if you visit the area again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We booked up for one night on a visit to Mansfield Woodhouse.

The reception staff were friendly and helpful. The room was OK, and was very quiet. It had coffee making facilities, and they lent us an iron. The beds were wonderful.

We had dinner and breakfast in the attached pub. The food was good, and breakfast was included in the hotel bill. The staff again were friendly and helpful.

The only drawback was that the hotel is the location; it is a long way from Mansfield. We traveled up by train, then to and from the hotel by taxi; this proved very expensive.

Room Tip: If visiting Mansfield and travelling by taxi, I would suggest you find a hotel nearer to town.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us at The Mansfield Premier Inn. I have read your comments and am very happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us. Myself and team pride ourselves on providing excellent Customer Standards to all our guests and delivering the highest level of standards expected at Premier Inn. I have passed your comments on to the Restaurant General Manager regarding your comments on the excellent service received in our adjoining Brewers Fayre. We would very much like to welcome you back to our Premier Inn if you visit the area again in the future.
Stafford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed many times with Premier, and once again found them as reliable as ever.
Each one is very similar to every other one.
There was a very pleasant welcome, with one departing staff member holding the door open for me as I crossed the car park.
Room 69 was quiet, temperature control excellent with an efficient shower, and bath also if required.
I can't comment on the restaurant as I wasn't able to use it because of other arrangements.

Premier now offers 30 mins free Wi-fi, which is per day, so if you move to another Premier establisment you have to wait until the next day for your free allowance, but nevertheless a useful bonus.
If I was looking for a negative, there were barely enough beverage items in the room, but I'm sure I could have gone to reception for extra.
The location is good and easy to spot as you approach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Donna H, Manager at Premier Inn Mansfield, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at The Mansfield Premier Inn. I have read your comments and am very pleased to hear that you had an excellent stay with us. Myself and team pride ourselves on providing excellent Customer service to all of our guests and maintaining our very high standards. Your comments regarding the WiFi provided by Premier Inn have been passed on to our Head Office who monitor feedback from Guests relating to issues during their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Premier Inn if you visit the area again in the future.

Been to Premier Inn Mansfield? Share your experiences!