“I would eat here every night if I could!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“I would eat here every night if I could!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I came across this place at the weekend whilst we were celebrating our Anniversary. We had originally planned to eat in our hotel but it was fully booked, so we had a drive out and found this restaurant by chance.

From start to finish the customer service was welcoming and friendly. We were quickly seated (we got there just at the right time as it soon filled up), and our starters and mains were absolutely delicious. The cost of our overall meal was only £40 and that included 2 drinks each, comparable to other local chains but the quality of the food and service was on a different scale.

We enjoyed every part of our evening at the School House Restauant and would recommend it to anyone.

76% Recommend
Milton Keynes, UK
“Fabulous cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were taken there on a Saturday evening whilst staying with friends in the area, we left thoroughly satisfied and impressed with the quality, service and price. I only wish we had somewhere to eat out of a similar standard close to our home in Buckinghamshire.
The Schoolhouse Restaurant is only 2 miles from the M1 Junction 28 and is most definitely now on my list of favoured lunch/dinner venues whilst travelling in that direction. A fabulous 3 course evening meal, beautifully presented and very tasty quality food for £11.50, how do they do it?

• Visited September 2012
Nottinghamshire
“Quirky with quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My friend and I had lunch there last Sunday and we both thought the food was very tasty, hot and extremely good value. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Derby, United Kingdom
“My favorite place to eat!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I love it here!! Great value for money especially Tuesday and Thursday! The food is home cooked and always delicious. They always have something very different on the menu! Highly recommend it!

“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We have dined here a few times, as it is within walking distance. The experiences we have had each time have been top rate. Cannot fault anything, the choice of food, which is locally sourced and menu changes constantly, I don't think I have ever eaten the same meal twice (shame really!!). They also have themed nights ranging from Spanish, Greek, even Caribbean nights. The service has always been good if not excellent. If you haven't been, then you don't know what you're missing.