Stayed at this hotel for 2 days and nights....
A big thanks to trip advisor as well...the reason why i choose to stay at this hotel.
Mr.Rajoo's reply for the below comment aided me in booking this hotel in their website for 2 nights at a price of one night-- for the executive room... believe me that deal is really wonderful and was real value for money..
1) Rooms are in excellent condition - infrastructure great
2) Attitude of the staff is really wonderful ..must say...this is the one point missing in most of the other Indian hotels... i was very impressed at courteous attitude of the FO people.restaurant staff and also the house keeping staff.. FO staff were very helpful..i wish i could mention the name of the staff who did my check in formalities..he was very helpful in few occasions of my stay...sorry couldn't ask his name...
3) Complimentary WIFI and it had a great speed as well.
4) Cleanliness of the hotel was very impressive...a word of praise for the house keeping staff
5) Buffet breakfast was excellent.. and was very happy with all the in room dining i did..
6) Overall i shall rate this hotel excellent
Cons - areas to improve
1) The regular room charges are pretty heavy.. not affordable to stay unless you have some reduction or offer as i got... in case you want to stay for one night only...then it is not affordable..even i am not aware whether they have any corporate rates as well...
2) Cable connection for the TV is old and slow..now a days all the hotels have moved on to DTH set top boxes..
3) I was perplexed as they charged for 2 pages of print out... which i felt a let down from the standard they have raised..
But overall i was really impressed with this hotel..
I would love to stay here again during my visit to Pondy..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is part of the GRT Hotels & Resorts who are leaders in the hospitality business in South India.The hotel is strategically located on the 100 feet road and just 02 kms away from the railway and bus stations. The convenience of its location is further enhanced with the facilities offered at the hotel that include: RA - Biggest shape outdoor swimming pool in town, Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel, Round the clock coffee shop - Open House that serves Buffet meals for all 03 sessions, a Multi specialty restaurant - Gardenia, Round the clock In room Dining, Asta Bar – Spirited Lounge, Business centre with meeting and board rooms and an elaborate convention facilities with halls from 1300 sqft to 4400 sq ft. In addition, the hotel can host outdoor functions in its lawn and pool side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Sunway GRT Grand Pondicherry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunway Grt Grand Pondicherry Hotel Pondicherry