Stayed with family and friends. Booked the room through web. When I called up the hotel was told booking on the web would give me better discount but was never informed about the Monsoon package which would have saved me more money. Also, this was not available on the net at the time of my booking.
The GRT room reservation website is not very great and I had to submit my details 5 times and only the 5th time it went through successfully. The website definitely needs some improvement.
Hotel is located close the railway station and we could locate it easily. Please note that none of tourist attractions or the beach is walk able distance from the hotel.
Check-in was fast and smooth. The front desk was not aware of my booking tariff details. There was small confusion but a lady at the desk checked the email confirmation I carried along with me and explained the tariff.
Though check-in time was 12 noon I was allowed to check-in more than an hour early. J
We booked 2 superior rooms and the rooms were of decent size with all the amenities though the AC was not very effective. Rooms are very clean and well maintained. Complimentary Buffet breakfast is served at 'Open House' the 24 Hrs Coffee shop with a live counter. The spread is good but the taste of some of the south Indian items is average.
The hotel also has a Ala carte restaurant ‘Gardenia’. Food is good but expensive. In general the service at the restaurants varies from excellent to average based on the number of guests in the restaurant.
- Average room service. Though I have specified for hot coffee it was still served warm
- Free wifi connectivity with decent speed
- Number of non-tamil TV channels was very less and also the cable TV reception was poor for the non-tamil channels.
- The swimming pool is just awesome. Well maintained and very clean. The attendant at the pool was very friendly and very helpful
- There is a nice and small play area for kids in front of the hotel which the kids enjoyed thoroughly. There is ample car parking space behind the hotel
- Hotel doesn’t have their own travel desk but have a tie up with Fast Track cabs. Though Fast Track is expensive they provided good service
- The person at the swimming pool was friendly and helpful though I don’t remember his name
Front desk and check-in : 3 / 5
Room size and comfort : 3 /5
Restaurant ambiance : 3/5
Food quality : 3.5/5
Restaurant Prices: Expensive
Restaurant Service : 2.5 – 3.5/5
Choice of beverages at the restaurant : 4/5
Swimming pool : 5/5
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is part of the GRT Hotels & Resorts who are leaders in the hospitality business in South India.The hotel is strategically located on the 100 feet road and just 02 kms away from the railway and bus stations. The convenience of its location is further enhanced with the facilities offered at the hotel that include: RA - Biggest shape outdoor swimming pool in town, Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel, Round the clock coffee shop - Open House that serves Buffet meals for all 03 sessions, a Multi specialty restaurant - Gardenia, Round the clock In room Dining, Asta Bar – Spirited Lounge, Business centre with meeting and board rooms and an elaborate convention facilities with halls from 1300 sqft to 4400 sq ft. In addition, the hotel can host outdoor functions in its lawn and pool side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Sunway GRT Grand Pondicherry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunway Grt Grand Pondicherry Hotel Pondicherry