“Sumptuously delicious!”” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Promenade

Save Saved
You added The Promenade to your Saves list
The Promenade
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23, Goubert Avenue | opp. Gandhi Statue on Beach Road, Pondicherry 605001, India   |
Ranked #17 of 56 hotels in Pondicherry
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
“Sumptuously delicious!””
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Great breakfast spread, very friendly staffs and a great view. Refreshingly fresh. We had stayed there for one night Beach was excellent in all respects - great views, good food, friendly staff What more, you could step down to the patio for thin crest pizza and nice view of Bay of bengal,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
promenadepondicherry, Manager at The Promenade, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest during your recent visit to Pondicherry and thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased that you enjoyed the wonderful view that the hotel has to offer and I am glad that The Promenade team has been able to make your stay comfortable and memorable.

I do hope you will visit us again, should you visit Pondicherry in the future. I would be looking forward to meeting you.

479 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Pondicherry, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was one of the best restaurant I have visited Food was delicious and you have so many options. The service was excellent..big thanks to Divya for providing the great service.. Will visit soon. Ambiance and location unbeatable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
promenadepondicherry, Manager at The Promenade, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for your kind review. I am happy that you enjoyed our cuisine, I will make sure to convey this to our Chef and his team. Canopies for the roof top restaurant are and will be placed upon arrival.
I am glad that The Promenade team has been able to make your stay comfortable and the celebration of your anniversary memorable.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and I am looking forward to meeting you, should you visit Pondicherry again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Promenade over to weekend to celebrate our anniversary.
The biggest plus point of the property is the location and the view! The staff at every step of the way was very courteous. Our reservation was done over the phone/email by Mr. Basha, who did a great job without any hassles. The view of the sea from the room was gorgeous...the bathroom could use some redoing- but we were told by the manager they are in the process of renovating all the rooms. We were looking forward to dinner on their roof top restaurant, but they had to shut it due to the rain....maybe the management could consider some part of it covered, or with a canopy to avoid having to close the restaurant. However the food in the other restaurant was very good.

All in all a great experience!

Room Tip: Stay in one of the sea view rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
promenadepondicherry, Manager at The Promenade, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for stayin with us during your recent trip to Pondicherry. I am glad you enjoyed our cuisine and that the services provided by The Promenade team have made your stay comfortable and memorable.
I understand your concern regarding the bathrooms and I regret any inconvenience it might have caused, we are however, currently renovating them.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and I do hope to meet you, should you visit Pondicherry in the future.

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have some negative things to say about the promenade but I will start with the positive,A perfect upscale vacation spot in pondicherry. modern rooms and the rates are high. The beach and pool are the perfect spots to relax and kick back. Service is attentive, and prompt,The restaurant in roof top was very nice in the evening,I wish to have more indian food in the menu, Food and service was really good,But rooms are very old ,Bathrooms need to be re worked and wifi was very slow,Overall our stay at the promenade was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for your review. We have taken note of your comments about the indian food. Your comment on the wifi is being addressed by our IT team currently and I assure you it will be up to your satisfaction upon your next visit. The renovation of our bathrooms is underway.
I am glad you enjoyed our services and that The Promenade team has been able to make your stay comfortable.

I do hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to Pondicherry.

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Good accommodation with sea view,it was really excellent to watch early morning sunrise ,Food and service really good, staffs are very friendly, Breakfast buffet really good with more options,overall our stay at the promenade really good, But bath room need renovation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest during your recent visit to Pondicherry, it was a pleasure having you with us and thank you for your kind review. I am glad that you appreciated our cuisine and the services provided by The Promenade team and I am happy to inform you that the renovation of our bathrooms is in process.
Once again, thank you for being our guest and I am looking forward to meeting you, should you visit Pondicherry in the future.

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I had visited Pondicherry for the first time, during the Diwali weekend. I am glad that we stayed at The Promenade, a place recommended by my daughter. The hotel staff were very efficient and friendly, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The location was a PLUS Point as we could just walk down to the Rocky beach located across the hotel and spend hours walking along the beach promenade when the traffic was restricted from 7PM to & 7AM. The early morning walk at dawn was very rejuvenating too. The rooftop restaurant " Lighthouse" was good though the variety of food was limited. I wish they add more Continental cuisine to the menu, rather than having only Bar-B-Q or Tandoor items.
Overall, our stay at the Promenade was a good experience and I will love to go there once again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
promenadepondicherry, General Manager at The Promenade, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Ms Shubhra

We wish to place it on record our sincerest gratitude for sparing your valuable time and sharing your feedback with us. We at the hotel strive to ensure that every guest experience is a memorable and delightful one. Your positives on the product and the hotel services have been shared with my entire team and feedback like yours motivates the staff to become true hospitality ambassadors. On the light house restaurant menu, we are in process of changing the concept at the roof top so in a few months you would be able to see a new restaurant.
On behalf of the entire team at the Promenade Hotel I wish to express my sincere gratitude for sharing your feedback with us.

Warm regards

Gaurav Suri
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

It is at the right location. Other than that, everything is sad. The rooms are old and creaky...The switches just don't work properly...It is amazing they wont fix such a basic thing. Speaks volume about their intent on customer experience. It almost feels like just because they have a nice location, they are taking all other things for granted...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr Hemal

Dear Sir,
We wish to place it on record our sincerest gratitude for sparing your valuable time and sharing your feedback with us. We at the hotel strive to ensure that every guest experience is a memorable and delightful one. Your feedback on the product and the hotel services have been shared with my entire team and we take guest feedback very seriously. I have discussed this with the concerned department and briefed them on the same and I will make sure that such issues do not occur again. I apologize for you not having a memorable experience with us.
I hope to have you back with us.

Warm regards

Gaurav Suri

Been to The Promenade? Share your experiences!