Villa Shanti is a quaint little boutique hotel in the French Part ("White Town") area of Pondicherry. In walking distance of all major attractions and other hotels/restaurants its a wonderful experience.
The bar is lovely, with bar stools, a range of new-world wines and a nice menu. The rooms are set around a central courtyard where the outdoor dining also is.
1) GREAT location
2) Good wifi
3) Although high for Pondicherry, the room rates are very good
4) Lovely bar & little cafe
5) Breakfast included
CONS: (sadly there are!)
1) If you have a room on the ground level (rooms 1, 2, or 3) you WILL hear the clanging of cutlery from the kitchen etc; so push for a room upstairs which will be more quiet (I had Room #1)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The latest Heritage hotel of Pondicherry. Located in the hearth of the old French town, near the business area, in front of State bank of India, close to the seaside and the Aurobindo Ashram, this old 19th-century house has been renovated and a new contemporary wing has been added. With its clean lined interiors, craftsmanship, woodwork, Villa Shanti brings you a new experience in town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Villa Shanti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.