“A very special experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Pondy

Save Saved
You added Le Pondy to your Saves list
Le Pondy
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   No.3,Lake View Road,Pudukuppam | Nallvadu Post, Pondicherry 605007, India   |
Ranked #8 of 56 hotels in Pondicherry
London, United Kingdom
“A very special experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have stayed for over 2 weeks at Le Pondy and I highly recommend this resort. The staff are so courteous and kind to me and my daughter. Daily, everyone is very friendly and helpful and offer wonderful service - including reception, housekeeping and restaurant staff. In particular, the housekeeping staff work very hard each day, and always check that I have everything that I need. Great food choices in the restaurant and room service. The spa is excellent, offering both Aryuveda and Balinese.

I can only give 5 stars, but this special place deserves 10.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
LePondypondicherry, General Manager at Le Pondy, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying at Le Pondy and for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to hear that every aspect of the stay was to your liking including the general ambiance of the resort, food and the friendly and attentive staff. I will make sure to pass on your gracious comments to the whole team and especially to our Housekeeping team .Your feedback is what motivates me and my team to perform our best at all times.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back to Le Pondy.

490 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

The resort is very good and well maintained. The housekeeping can be much improved. We enjoyed playing beach volleyball. Beautiful place to take a break. The food was amazing on the first day. Very good taste. Well maintained pool and lawns. Good care has been taken by them while playing in the pool as well as in the beach. The activities are very less. They have only TT, snooker board and carom,. This can be improved by adding some more fun to the kids like art oriented, tattoos, nail art etc.... Ayurvedic spa is very good. Well treated.

Room Tip: We stayed in the lake view room.. It is very good.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review about your stay with us.

We are glad to know that you liked the general ambiance of the resort, ayurvedic Spa, swimming pool, private beach and the food served in our SMAAK restaurant. We have noted your point regarding art oriented activities and we have started tattoo, nail art and mehandi on Saturday and Sunday.

Thank you once again for the review and in anticipation for another stay with us.

New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

we stayed there on 06 & 07 Dec, 2013. the place is awesome with beautiful beach. the most sadest part is the way things are run. Staff is very arrogant, No respect for clients/customers/guest. Le pondy is running with very less and absolutely non sense staff who dont know who to respect guest.

You cant get bike/scooty on rent from there as city is 15 kms away. we asked for cab and the cab drive didnt know English/hindi. Had a horrible/terrible time at Le Pondy.

Never to go again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
LePondypondicherry, General Manager at Le Pondy, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay at Le Pondy.

We have done an enquiry on your less positive comments and found that you have asked for a free of cost up gradation to a higher category which our staff explained to you politely is against the management policy and not entertaining undue demands affecting the services of our other patrons does not mean that the staffs are arrogant. And regarding taxi being peak season our own taxis were on trips and we had to arrange taxi from a local operator as it was a last minute requirement and unlike our drivers their proficiency in English and Hindi will be less or limited.

Bangalore, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Like many reviews here, my experience is same - a decent property with incompetent staff. They have no clue how to run a premium place.

Reservation: I called up and reserved a room. Gave all details, including how many are going to stay. Requested for a good rate, and they got a nett rate for the stay. Discount offered was around 15% including the extra person.

Arrival/Check-in: After a 6-hour drive we're pretty exhausted, but front desk is in no hurry to get us to a room. I'm offered a welcome drink and when am sipping on my daughter comes and join. They have no intentions to offer one more, so I shared mine :)

Reached our room and got a call asking "you were 3 people, I did not know. There will be extra charge". I told him this is clearly mentioned in the reservation request (and I wasn't hiding something from him as he was implying). He says "let me check" as if he is a CBI guy investigating a scam. I get no calls after this, so assumed there is no confusion.

Check-out: Another guy now, he says I need to pay for the extra person. He also tells me there was a reply to my reservation request. I told him that is not what reservation told me on phone. He is in no mood to listen so I pay up and leave.

Back Home: There indeed was a reply to my mail when I checked once back home. Only one problem: This was sent AFTER I checked in.

As I said, bunch of LIARS who get you there with one rate and loot later.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

After going through your review, I would like to apologize on behalf of my staff irrespective of what happened during the reservation procedure. From the enquiry conducted in this matter, I have understood this to be a communication failure on the part of our staff in specifying clearly what the rates were for your stay. The mail for the confirmation was not sent to you on the same day as the servers were down and we couldn’t access the system. It was only in the late evening that the repairs were completed. I am sure this has caused you much stress during the billing procedure. However let me also assure you that the rates charged were correct and that you were not overcharged in any way.

I would sincerely like to apologize for this inconvenience during your stay and hope that you will give us an opportunity of being of service to you at Le Pondy once again.

Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Large property managed by staff who are not well experienced. I was looking forward to a sea facing room, but the view was marred by guests playing cricket in the open area in front of the room. The roofs are of natural material and the wind was throwing a lot of material on to the dining area. The kitchen exhaust was getting blown towards the room I stayed. It is not good value for the money

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to write your review and sharing your observation of your stay. We highly value your less positive comments on the issues brought forward by you which we are now reviewing. We have noted your point regarding thatch roof material falling in the restaurant and a necessary corrective action has been taken.

Once again thank you very much for your review and we are committed to use your comments to persistently improve our standard of products and services.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future to show case what Le Pondy is recognized for.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed at the resort in Nov 14 The location is excellent the beach is good the property is also well designed but the management and staff is poor They all need two years training in hospitality

When we checked in at 9 00 pm the room was dirty there was water on the floor the bathroom was so dirty one could not stand in it for a moment We called the housekeeping and they came after 15 min and two phone calls

They don't have bath mats or face towels in the bathroom only poor quality face tissue is provided
No beach towels are provided evan though it is a beach resort

The breakfast was good but the service and food in the dinner was poor

Don't waste your money

Room Tip: The lake view villas are value for money if you really have to go
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Le Pondy for your recent stay at Pondicherry.

I apologize that we were unable to deliver to you the service standards that Le Pondy prides itself on. Being a beach and lake property unexpected heavy shower and wind caused water logging into rooms and bathroom and it also affected our operations and service , which we have noted and preventive measures have been taken to avoid such occurrences in the future and regarding beach towel we do provide them from the counter near the beach.

I hope that you will give us an opportunity of being of service to you at Le Pondy once again.

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This resort is very pleasant, we enjoyed the stay here and food is pretty decent.
resort is close to the beach and you can enjoy playing beach volley ball. well maintained lawns.
Rooms are hygenic

cons- needs to improve their room service

Room Tip: Nice place to take a break from your work, good place to be with your family,
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay at Le Pondy.

We are glad to note that you had a pleasant stay at our resort and liked the private beach and food served at SMAAK restaurant .We are constantly looking for ways to enhance our guest experiences and your kind comments will assist us improving in various areas.

We thank you once more for your feedback and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Le Pondy soon.

09585551301 | gm@lepondy.com

Been to Le Pondy? Share your experiences!