“Come here because it's a heritage hotel” 4 of 5 stars

(0413) 2339079
Improve this listing
Ranked #102 of 198 restaurants in Pondicherry
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Come here because it's a heritage hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Very old antique hotel building currently still under renovation except for the coffee bar. Beautiful carved wood interiors and a lovely huge coffee bar. However the coffee is more expensive and nothing special at all bordering on tasteless.

Visited November 2012

42% Recommend
Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
“Good coffee but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

They give huge coffees! and they are tasty. Also the food is ok, but quite expensive compared. They have quite fast internet and they show movies. Overall a nice place. They have 2 shops right now, both are good. There opening times are strange and change.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bangalore, India
“Visit if your self esteem is nil”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

With the help of google map we reached this place...a nice person informed us that this si not where they serve french pastries and baguettes ( which we wanted) and gave us address for the other restaurant of there...we reached the place, its also a hotel, beautiful ambiance, absolutely quiet and we were thrilled to be here, and this is where all ended.
1. When we asked the owner where can we sit, he gave us the most rude glance that I have ever seen in my life, and without responding, started talking to another female, a foreigner, who was there giving her order. I got the shock of my life at this behaviour...I felt that I was transported to 1800's where Indians were treated extremely badly.
2. My husband again asked him politely if we can have some pastries, to which he replied- look into the menu and order, we dont have pastries ( which was there in the menu). By then my appetite was gone but since my husband so wanted to have baguette, we ordered one.
3. He stepped inside the kitchen after giving us another look, and came back after 15 minutes with a baguette cut into 3 pieces...before we could say anything, he said- I have cut it into 3 pieces so you can eat it properly...excuse me, if I need my parents, I will call them and talk to them. the whole charm of eating a baguette was lost and here I was standing in front of the most rude person I had met telling me how I can eat it properly.
4, I did read other reviews of this place and I think that there is a certain lady who is nice and this man who needs basic lessons in manners.
5. Dont even try using your own 3G because as soon as you enter here, your phone will loose network.
7. After having two bites of the baguette, which we had taken as takeaway due to his extremely rude behaviour, we realized that it was tasteless in on bite and had lots of cheese in the other. Well, extremely disappointed, we went to Le Cafe and enjoyed some delicious Croissants, brownies, baguette and coffee with a sea side view. We will visit Pondicherry time and again but we will never ever step foot in Coffee.com.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ludhiana, India
“The most delicious French onion soup ever..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We went to their new location which is situated on one of the inner roads parallel to the beach promenade. The owner was extremely gracious and we struck up a good conversation with her. As another friend had suggested us that their French onion soup is amazing, so we decided to try that. But the owner told us that it'd take a while to make it, so we ordered the hot chocolate to satiate our palates in the meantime. But the soup was definitely worth the wait, because once it arrived, the fragrance itself intensified my taste-buds and the soup was simply out of this world.
It was surely one of the most delectable meals of my life; thinking about it makes my mouth water even now.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Unwelcoming host”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I went into coffee.com around 10 AM scouting for a place with decent internet, good coffee and was also checking to see if I could perhaps eat lunch there.

I was turned off that I had to write down my address on a sheet of paper on the counter (!). I told the host that I will write it down when I get connected (hoping that my 3G would work so that I don't have to use the WIFI). Then I asked him if they had a full kitchen (planning to stay for lunch). The question seemed to offend him (perhaps coupled with my unwillingness to write down my address) - and he responded rudely.

I decided not to stay and walked out leaving the host alone with his empty coffee shop.

• Visited June 2012