“not bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mainak Tourist Lodge

Mainak Tourist Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Siliguri
Mainak Tourist Lodge
You added Mainak Tourist Lodge to your Saves list
Hill Cart Road | Pradhan Nagar, Siliguri 734403, India   |
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Siliguri
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

spent just one night on our way to sikkim. not bad. though the upkeep could have been better

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
indore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Mainak Tourist Lodge is the best located place to stay in Siliguri,
specially if you are driving through on your way to Darjeeling/Sikkim.
They have a large number of rooms, but all in shambles!!
The good news is their plans to renovate. Thats something to look
forward to!!
The staff is friendly and helpful and the food in their restaurant tasty.
Linen needs improvement. So does housekeeping.

• Stayed December 2009
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

As soon as I entered the room booked for me, my nostrils were filled with a stink of damp and a soggy, wornout carpet. The room keeper suggested that within 5 minutes of opening the windows the stink will disappear. It did not, but instead the room got filled up with mosquitoes. The A/C was without a vent filter and most of the conntrol knobs were missing. I refused to stay in that room. Fortunately they agreed to give me a freshly renovated room which thankfully did not have a carpet and was tiled. The A/C was new hence functional. But the Geyser was non functional, flush was not working and the floor was covered with cement, left over from the renovation work.
The worst of the shock was yet to come, when I chose to go to the restaurant for dining. The dining hall was full of cigarette smoke, almost suffocating. I could not stay there for more than 60 seconds. Finally had dinner in my room. The quality of food was the only saving grace. I suggest any one not to stay in this lodge till renovation is complete, which is going on since last six months.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

Stayed here just one night.......actually to be honest..........stayed for few hours........

I arrived into Siliguri from my Flight from Bagdogra....only 45 minutes away.
The plan was to stay there a night and proceed to Bhutan thenext day.....

One of my dearest friends wife just delivered a baby girl in a small town or should I say Village called Balurghat...which was an overnight journey

I, then decided to visit his house instead of staying back at Siliguri, as I had a day or 2 spare, since I had no fixed hotels or Itinerary for Travel to Bhutan.

I reached Hill Cart Road and went crazy finding this hotel..........as locally it id pronounced Moinark ( mo-e- na-rk), whereas its written as Mainak.........so i do believe no one really understood what I said.........I now come to understand that most people in West Bengal pronounce A as O, so the pronouncation.

I entered this hugh hotel gate in a hand rickshaw and was quite glad to see th lobby size.

I had only paid Rs 350 for the room for a night with A/C as I got a 500 discount voucher on MMT.com..........so honestly,I knew I cant expect the moon !!!

I was taken to this rather large room on the ground floor and got comfortable into the reasonably comfortable bed...............\

The mistake I made was thta the window had been left open as I entered, and then shut for the A/C............later there were alot of mosquitoes who attacked me for awhile......
This was coz it was on the ground floor and there was alot f greenery around, besides a bit of rainfall.

The cooling was reasonably good and the TV was also reasonable well sized and had decent variety of channels to offer.......

I rested only a couple of hours, watching TV and then left for the Bus Stop for my bus to Balurghat...............all in all I did not dislike the hotel, as I didnt stay the night......but the room service was curt and prompt............

Had a hicken Biryani which I felt was over priced but later realised that it may have been for 2 people as I had to waste more than half.......

No complaints.....neither can I say it was phenominal as it was not highly priced or loaded with amenities................Its a good transit hotel where one can get a good nap and some decent food and rest if travelling ahead......but again...........Dont expect the moon

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo

Been to Mainak Tourist Lodge? Share your experiences!