“Dont bother to Stay here” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Vinayak Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Siliguri
Vinayak Hotel
You added Vinayak Hotel to your Saves list
Hill Cart Road | L.M. Movlik Complex, | L.M. Movlik Complex, Siliguri 734001, India   |
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Siliguri
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Dont bother to Stay here”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I was transit passenger and hence stayed for just a night. Though the tariff of the hotel was reasonable the facilities and feel of the hotel was left much to be desired. The room were pretty ordinary and was equipped with some basic setup. The bed was clumsy , the room was smelly and room were filled with mosquito.
The washroom was the biggest concern. I noticed lizards on the walls and the whole feel of the washroom annoyed me.
However the biggest advantage would be the location of the hotel as it is situated right in the middle of the town. It also had a running restaurant with room service available.
Considering the price of the hotel , its not a very bad option but I am used to a certain kind of luxury when I travel and hence it didn't suit my taste and preference.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

It was an official trip. So I wanted to be close to my office. Hotel Vinayak was one such Hotel on Hill Cart Road Close to the Mahananda Bridge. After the day long work, I checked in the Hotel which was supposed to be a comfortable one. To my dismay the TV was hazy. I thought- Okay I'll manage. After all it is a official trip and I need to do extra time work instead of watching TV. Fine, I thought to start my work after a small dinner. I went down to the restaurant which boasted of multicusine delicacies. I ordered a bowl of soup and waited. I found I was the only person in the restaurant and till I finished my dinner I happended to be the only person! Quality of food? That you can imagine.

Next day breakfast? The restaurant is not yet open!

I paid Rs. 1800 per day ( single occupancy) for all these comforts!

Please avoid staying if you are not compelled to do so as thee are better hotels at same rate other side of the river.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Borivali, Maharashtra, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

During last business tour,I wanted to stay in a hotel closer to market place.Local acquaintance suggested this hotel.Since I was planning to stay for 1 night,i decided to give it a try.It was a terrible experience.After checking in I found that TV was not there,and the bell boy who dropped me at the room,told me that it will be installed shortly.Even after installation,TV set was an antique piece.Service was ok,but what was disturbing was the waiters barging in or trying to open the door,without even knocking on the door.They had a very nasty habit of lingering on waiting for tips to be given even when I was in no mood to tip.Room was very congested and I had the august company of cockroaches throughout the night.Next day I had planned to check out and I had left instructions to keep the bill ready,but to my surprise,I find that waiter brought the bill and was insisting on paying.I curtly told him that since I have to wait for somebody,I will pay when I check out.This hotel probably will be liked by Bengalis,who prefer this type of hotels and service.I would suggest not to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Nice hotel with reasonable price and amenities full of comfort, located in hill cart road, just 1.5 km away from siliguri Tenzin Norgey Bus stand in the junction of sevoke Road and Hill Cart Road. Affordable & nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I heard recomendation for this hotel from a friend and stayed for a night at this hotel on my way back from Sikkim tour and I found it pathetic. People out here don't know how to behave with guests. On asking about anything, they talks very rudely. I had to catch an early morning train and no wake up call was given despite of informing them. No hot water facility was available at that time and people were even available at the said extensions to serve us. Very poor hospitality. Would never recomend anyone nor I will board once again.

• Stayed May 2013
Farakka, West Bengal, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is an totally average hotel which not only takes more money for a commodity provided but gives less facilities instead. This is the most 3rd class hotel i have stayed in and also the behavior of the staffs including the receptionist in not good. I will advice everyone to avoid this hotel if they visit Siliguri ever.

Room Tip: Please avoid staying at this hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kolkata
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Once you enter the hotel, the first thought that will grab you is that, probably you have paid more for this facility. Room are bit overpriced.
Neatness and cleanliness is just ok. Linen and blankets are just maintained but not well maintained. Bathroom is not dirty but again not up to the mark.
I cant say that all staff are indifferent. Some are really caring.
However food is good here.
Parking may be bit of a problem here.
Card swipe machine is there but works in an unpredictable fashion.
Ovell my stay was just ok.

Room Tip: Really no idea. can request the receptionist to offer a good room..
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Vinayak Hotel? Share your experiences!