“Lovely Meal at Bahia Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Restaurant Bahia

Hotel Restaurant Bahia
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cala Santandria
Hotel Restaurant Bahia
You added Hotel Restaurant Bahia to your Saves list
1.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Apartado 467, E-07760 Cala Santandria, Minorca, Spain   |
Brighton
“Lovely Meal at Bahia Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

We have just come back from 10 days holiday at the Blanc Palace and tried quite a few of the local restaurants. Sa Nacra and Ocean were good, Sa Quadra was a real let down but the meal we had on the outside patio at Bahia was the best of the holiday. Excellent service and excellent food, they seemed to specialise in fresh fish as they had about 5 different options on top of their standard menu. The meal started off well with fresh bread and a garlic dipping sauce which was very nice and we had a very good bottle of red wine recommend by the waitress. I had mussels to start and then grouper fish in a curry sauce with lots of vegetables and both courses were superb. We also ate in Calan Bosch and Citudella but this was by far the best meal that we had on the island. I think the whole meal came to about 80 euros but that included a good bottle of wine and lots of fresh fish (my wife had seabass) and it was well worth the money.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

We were tempted in by it's setting - a white building set looking over the beach and bay. We were not tight on the purse strings so expected to pay a little extra for the food as you'd pay a bit more for the setting. However I was not expecting to feel that unhappy with my meal that I would have to ask the waiter to return it to the kitchen. It was a linguini with seafood, expecting a taste of the sea, I could not taste seafood. Only salt. The waiter took the plate to the kitchen. They put it on a fresh plate with a different garnish but it was the same salty meal with bullet hard prawns. My husband had the 'catch of the day' , the waiter had presented a platter of whole fresh fish. When the plate arrived it was 4oz of fish with three halves of potato, diced carrot and sweetcorn all for 22euro. We have kids meals bigger. I returned my meal for a second time. We paid and left paying the full bill not even an apology that my meal was inedible. GO A LITTLE FUTHER DOWN THE ROAD TO COVA SA NACRA!! The staff are attentive, the view is just as good if not better as you can sea the fish in the sea. The food is better and a nice rustic feel in it's style.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Restaurant Bahia? Share your experiences!