“Basic but Clean with friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comodoro Apartments

You added Comodoro Apartments to your Saves list
Comodoro Apartments
1.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Juan Carlos I - 30, 38650 Los Cristianos, Tenerife, Spain   |
Cork, Ireland
“Basic but Clean with friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Went on a 5 day break to Tenerife and was looking for a nicely located accommodation but at a reasonable price. All of the reviews were positive before booking so I decided to take a chance and book. A good decision. Taxi from the airport took about 15-20 minutes and cost 23 Euro. Check in was pleasant and very efficient and we were in our (very clean) room within 10 minutes of arrival. As previously stated, the accommodation is fairly basic but exactly what we wanted for our break. We didn't want to eat in, as meal prices were very reasonable, but there was a cooker in the room if needed. There was a fridge freezer also and plenty of cupboard space. We had a sea view which was beautiful and added to the atmosphere. There was a beach closeby but the main beach was about 10 minutes away as was the main centre of the resort. The sun beds cost 1 euro per day in the apartment gardens but were worth it as you also got a "mattress" which made it very comfortable. Food, both in the accommodation and in the resort, was cheap and caters for every taste. Pints of beer (Dorada) were available from 95 cents and full breakfasts were on offer from 2.95 Euro. There was a fairly good market on Sunday morning from 9 until 2 right next to the apartment complex and carried the usual mix of jewellery, bags, leather goods, clothes etc. and sellers could be bargained with if necessary. There was an "older" clientele at this time of the year in the apartments and also the resort and not too many children were around at this time of year. A lovely break overall and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room as it definitely makes a difference to be looking out at the harbour / beach
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Alpharooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there recently and found it to be very good hotel for your money. Excellent location. My room had not a sea view , but staff promise my next visit , they try to give me sea view room. My room cleaned everyday .. Cheerfully staff.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

where to start, great location, good rooms, clean, great pool, wonderful view, great staff
and a very good bar resaurant thats good value, we cant fault this hotel at all,will stay again if we come back. excellent!

Room Tip: b block faces the pool and the beach nice view. hapy hour in the bar is 3 to 7, 1 euro a pint cockta...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Expected the worst due to its one star rating and low price. We just wanted a cheap winter holiday. But wow! Right on the sea front, got an eighth floor refurbished room overlooking the beautiful bay. You couldn't knock the grin off my face for ages! I thought we'd hit the jackpot. Well pleased, highly recommended. Don't get me wrong, it's not luxury, but eee by gum it's a damned good one star. Friendly staff, lovely bar on ground floor, seafront location, quiet area and very close to bars, restaurants, beach and shops. Would definitely book again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Fantastic holiday at this hotel , came with my husband , daughter and grandaughter , will go again next yeat , lovely rooms , lovely staff . lovely setting right on the beech , what more can you wish for .......... oh lovely pool area , its got the lot

Teresa , Lee . Michaela and Megan from sheffield .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed for a week Oct/Nov 2013.
The comodoro is situated right at the end of Los christianos so it's quite a quiet spot but only a very short walk to the beach / restaurants; some of which offer incredible value for money. Another Positives was a nice pool with plenty of sunbeds (€1 per day). The pool area was generally quiet with a separate pool for toddlers. Our room whilst a little dated was very clean and had a small kitchen area with a fridge. There's no AC which wasn't an issue for us but may be in high season. The tv only had a couple of English channels (but do you really want to watch tv in your bedroom on hols?). There's a charge for wifi but it's freely available in restaurants and bars. We found the staff friendly and helpful.
I'd sum it up by saying 3 star hotel, very good value for money. We'll definitely be back. If you want five star luxury pay a lot more and I'm sure you'll find it. Darren

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have to say that my first impression of this complex was not particularly good. It started with no bulbs in lights and then found out we had no kettle. When I went to reception they did not have another kettle!! Cant think any apartments do not have at least one spare kettle, anyway decided I would boil pot on cooker as I was in need of a cuppa, only to find cooker was not working. By this time whilst I was running up and down to reception my husband had unpacked the cases. I have to say that we then got another room, which was very nice but door was a bit sticky, but apartment was very clean, albeit basic, and shower very difficult to get in an out off. I had great difficulty getting in and out of shower, it was room 210, so if you are not fit, dont accept this room. Having said all this, the apartment itself was nice and the kitchen looked new. Also on the plus side we had our towels changed every day and the bed changed and the rubbish taken out every day, I thought this was good service for the price paid. This place is okay if you are on a budget, but be aware there is no air conditioning and we had to hire a fan, this also took some time to locate one for us, and they also dont supply hairdryers, just so you are aware. Anyway as we went out a lot we enjoyed our stay, and as they say "you get what you pay for ". This had been recommended to us and many people return year after year, I suppose it all depends what you expect from a holiday,Great location.

Room Tip: If you want a good view apparently ask for a higher apartment, although we were on second floor and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comodoro Apartments? Share your experiences!