We were a family group of two adults and two vegetarian teenagers, staying half board. The teenagers couldn’t find a thing to eat on the buffet, so this was spoiling our meal times together. We ended up eating out towards the end of our stay just to lighten the mood. We were placed in two separate rooms 16 rooms apart, which was a shock on arrival I must say. The age of the girls was clearly on our application form. The toilet flush and the air-con did not work in my daughter’s room, 430. And our room, 446 over looked a car park and the noisiest roundabout I’ve ever heard. We could not conduct a conversation with the window open without raising our voices. So we had to sit with the window closed and the air-con on full blast. The corridors on the fourth floor were very dark and gloomy with flickering ‘night lights’ that came on and off as you walked past that section of the hotel corridor, which had no natural lighting of it’s own. I realise the purpose of this feature is to save electricity, but it felt creepy and reminded me of walking round a hospital at night. The pools were nice and clean, the restaurant and bar staff were pleasant. The buffet was good for adult meat eaters, but the accommodation itself, lacked atmosphere and style. Not to mention a lot of the fixtures and fittings don’t actually work. I even disliked the sage green metallic finish of the paintwork in my room. It reminded me of my locker room back at my local gym. I am dismayed at all the five star reviews. I can only conclude there must be some nicer floors and rooms, and we drew the short straw. And finally, they are still doing an awful lot of painting and decorating and the smell of wet paint in that heat was quite unpleasant. Sorry to say this, but I would never stay here again.
On a plus side the location is good, and we found lots of bars and restaurants near by. Generally speaking we tried to keep out of the hotel as much as possible and we all loved Los Cristianos. Siam Park is a must. The girls would have stayed there all week. Aqua Park is more suitable for younger families. My teenagers found it a bit tame. Jungle Park was also lots of fun. So as I’ve already said, Los Cristianos is great site for a family holiday without a doubt, just go to another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa. Your hotel in Tenerife. Restaurante a la carte, spa, near to the beach and to the Reina Sofia Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Paradise Park Los Cristianos
- Hotel Paradise Park Resort And Spa
- Paradise Park Tenerife
- Resort Paradise Park
- Paradise Park Hotel Tenerife
- Paradise Hotel Tenerife
- Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa Tenerife/Los Cristianos