“Dark and hot” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa

You added Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Urb Oasis del Sur, 38650 Los Cristianos, Arona, Tenerife, Spain   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hexham, United Kingdom
“Dark and hot”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2010

We were a family group of two adults and two vegetarian teenagers, staying half board. The teenagers couldn’t find a thing to eat on the buffet, so this was spoiling our meal times together. We ended up eating out towards the end of our stay just to lighten the mood. We were placed in two separate rooms 16 rooms apart, which was a shock on arrival I must say. The age of the girls was clearly on our application form. The toilet flush and the air-con did not work in my daughter’s room, 430. And our room, 446 over looked a car park and the noisiest roundabout I’ve ever heard. We could not conduct a conversation with the window open without raising our voices. So we had to sit with the window closed and the air-con on full blast. The corridors on the fourth floor were very dark and gloomy with flickering ‘night lights’ that came on and off as you walked past that section of the hotel corridor, which had no natural lighting of it’s own. I realise the purpose of this feature is to save electricity, but it felt creepy and reminded me of walking round a hospital at night. The pools were nice and clean, the restaurant and bar staff were pleasant. The buffet was good for adult meat eaters, but the accommodation itself, lacked atmosphere and style. Not to mention a lot of the fixtures and fittings don’t actually work. I even disliked the sage green metallic finish of the paintwork in my room. It reminded me of my locker room back at my local gym. I am dismayed at all the five star reviews. I can only conclude there must be some nicer floors and rooms, and we drew the short straw. And finally, they are still doing an awful lot of painting and decorating and the smell of wet paint in that heat was quite unpleasant. Sorry to say this, but I would never stay here again.

On a plus side the location is good, and we found lots of bars and restaurants near by. Generally speaking we tried to keep out of the hotel as much as possible and we all loved Los Cristianos. Siam Park is a must. The girls would have stayed there all week. Aqua Park is more suitable for younger families. My teenagers found it a bit tame. Jungle Park was also lots of fun. So as I’ve already said, Los Cristianos is great site for a family holiday without a doubt, just go to another hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,335)
  • Polish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

Just returned from a weeks all inclusive with my husband teenage daughter and 3yr old son,what a lovely holiday we had.
Hotel fab,very clean,food amazing for all inclusive,chef's cooking fresh meat and fish at lunch and dinner and eggs,omlettes,pancakes at breakfast!!.
Being all inclusive was a godsend,as the kids want drinks, snacks,ice cream all day and you save a fortune!!.
Pools are lovely,we went to the big one at the back of the pool which didn't open till 10am so there was never any reserving of sunbeds but to be honest that was never a problem at any pool.
Alot of the spanish came on weekends so the hotel was busier and they can be a bit rude and arrogant on time's but saying that so can the british !!!.
We booked an apartment which was nice and clean but very basic,it had a seperate bedroom with twin beds together an a double pull out sofa in the lounge with a kitchen area and a table but it had no air con just a ceiling fan!! we asked about an upgrade and the next day got moved 4 blocks up to a premier salon which was the same design but no table and a smaller kitchen area but it had air con and all the decor was nicer-laminate floor,better view-overlooked the back pool with a sea view aswell,was worth the extra £108 euro's.
The hotel told me that the apartments are rated as 3 keys whilst the rest of the hotel is 4 keys,that is the only part that lets the hotel down with all there refurbishments lately I think they need to concentrate on the apartments and bring them into the 21st century and within the rest of the 4star hotel!!.
They have a kids mini disco at 8-30 and professional show at 10pm,a bit hit and miss but good fun never the less,the animation team do a good job and work hard.
Had a visit to Siam park (huge waterpark) which is amazing,book your tickets in the uk as it's cheaper.
It is only 10 minutes away from hotel we got a taxi which was only 7 euro's and that included the tip!! if you ask at reception for a taxi it's there in 2 mins,and there waiting right outside Siam park to bring you back to hotel.
Nice 10-15 walk down hill passing a few bars and restaurants,to the town and beach but we used to get a taxi back (3 euro!!)as it's a bit of a challenge up hill in the heat!!.
Lovely big spar round the corner,where you can get papers,magazines and any essential items you might need!!.
Will definetly go back again..

Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

Thanks for the recent positive reviews.. Actually starting to look forward to the holiday now!
My Fiancee and I are going on the 14th and are full board, is it worth upgrading to all inclusive? Does anyone know if this is possible/cheaper once at the hotel?
Any other tips/comments welcome. Thank you x

• Stayed September 2010
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

We stayed here in August and had a brilliant week. The hotel is now fully open and refurbed. There is always the odd bit of maintenance but then you expect that of a hotel this size. There are 6 pools, 2 for adults only. There is a rooftop solarium area with lots of sunbeds, a pool, 2 jacuzzis and a bar/cafe which is absolutely amazing with brilliant views over Los Cristianos and Las Americas. There is a further natural pool and jacuzzi for adults only which is nice and then a further 4 pools for anyone. The main pool around which the rooms are based is large and on Thursdays had a brilliant blow up assault course for the kids. There are then a further 3 pools and jacuzzis across a pathway which is lovely. All areas are clean and the staff are amazingly friendly. There is a free courtesy bus down into Los Cristianos every half hour (except Saturday PM and Sundays) which is brilliant - although the walk is a pleasant 10 minute walk to the sea front and the walk back up is about 20 minutes and although it is uphill, it is only a slight incline. There is a huge Spar and pharmacy and lots of wine bars, places to eat around the hotel. If you want to go into Los Cristianos or Las Americas in the evening it's about 4 euros. Taxi from the hotel to the airport was 24 euros. The hotel rooms are refurbished and we had 2 rooms. We paid for basic rooms and whilst the one was overlooking the pool, the other was overlooking the back of the hotel so we chose to upgrade to a junior suite for an additional £150 for the week which gave us a lot more space including a nice lounge area. The food was amazing - the best buffet all inclusive we have ever had. There was lots of lovely fresh salad and freshly cooked fish and meat every day. For us, the all inclusive was definitely worth it as the soft drinks were all branded i.e. coke, fanta orange and lemon and the beer and local spirits were very good as well as the cocktails. The evening entertainment is really centred around the kids as they have a kids disco from 8.30 - 10.00 then they have some live act which are OK but we chose to sit out in the Bar Stretzilia as it was quiet and nice in the evening. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and compared to other hotels in the area this was brilliant value for money with lots of facilities - absolutely ideal for couples or families with kids alike. I have never had to not worry about finding a sunbed before - there were so many sunbeds around the resort no-one had to put their towels down before breakfast. We would definitely return. My husband and the kids used the gym every day and they felt it will was very good and it was free and on the ground floor with air conditioning. There was also 3 pool tables (1 euro a game) and a ping pong table and kids club. The animation team had plenty of activities for kids and adults alike.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

Just returned from a last minute getaway to hotel Paradise Park (27th Aug to 3rd Sept). I didnt experience any of the problems the previous reviews have mentioned with regards areas of the hotel being closed due to the refurb. The rooftop decking with bar and pool was worthy of a 5 star hotel and a great way to catch some evening sunshine. Plenty of sunbeds/umbrellas in all areas of the hotel throughout the day. The wellness centre was great especially if you have children. The hotel catered really well for children but also good that there were areas such as the rooftop pool that was adults only. My room was lovely and a very high standard for a 4 star - flat screen satilite tv, small fridge, walk in power shower and were cleaned daily. My only slight concern was the dinner. It was self service and a bit hectic due to the numbers its catering for but the staff do work hard. Choice of food was the same most nights and not really "my cup of tea" although the ice cream was lovely! The restuarant is clean but I think this still has to be refurbished as it was looking a bit dated compared to the rest of the hotel. However hotel was pro active in asking for feedback, so this is something that I passed on to them as well as my tour operator. I was on full board basis and much preferred the lunch time. I think if its not that much more expensive, its probably worth opting for the all inclusive option. There are apartments at this complex, so if you are self catering there is a well stocked, reasonably priced SPAR two minutes from the hotel. Bianco Duo and Charlotte restaurant/bar were nice and again, not far from the hotel. The closest beach/sea area to the hotel is not very nice - black and rocky. Well worth taking the mini bus that the hotel runs to the beach or venture down the coast towards las americas as there is a beach walk path. Hotel staff worked really hard and all were polite and helpful. Overall hotel is a really good standard for a 4 star hotel. Tenerife was ok, but I much prefer other locations such as cyprus. But if im looking to get away and the price was right, then I would stay at this hotel in the future. Los Cristianos is a much quiter resort but I preferred this. There is a taxi stance just round the corner from the hotel or a bus terminal 10 mins walk that for reasonably price/time can take you into the other areas of tenerife.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
hornchurch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

just arrived back from a lovley relaxing 1 week stay at this lovley hotel.The rooms are updated with a large walk in shower.new wooden floors& furniture.There are a few small things in the rooms that need to be put on the hotels snagging list.e.g.the rod to pull the curtains needs to be taken out of the draw & fixed to the curtains.did not hear any drilling or see any workmen during our stay.The hotel is very clean.the staff are very friendly.The food choice & quality was fantastic.I have never stayed in a hotel with so many pools & choice of sun bathing areas(adult only on the roof top pool).There is a free hotel minibus service that runs to the beach during the day.the last bus back is at4.30pm which was a little too early to realy enjoy a full day on the beach.I am glad the refirbishments are finished and I would fully recomend the hotel to anyone who wants a sunny week away in a clean hotel with good food.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Prestwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

Definitely recommend this one!

Good variety of food - Unusually good night time entertainment - Tidy, well maintained room - The kids loved a safe and happy complex where they were treated with respect by the staff - Pina Colado Slush on tap all day and frozen mohitos for the Mums (what more can I say?).

We'd go back and I'd tell other friends to go there too!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!