“Not great not terrible” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa

You added Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Urb Oasis del Sur, 38650 Los Cristianos, Arona, Tenerife, Spain   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Not great not terrible”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2008

I booked 1 week here for myself (33), my husband (39) and son (13) to stay in an apartment. I booked the trip directly via the hotel website & on 2 occasions confirmed my booking with them whilst making them aware that this was a family holiday to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday. I had requested an apartment with a nice view. It was of the car park but we did get the sun til the end of the day! Upon check-in we were given an apartment (466) which I laterly found was one that was due to be renovated which well worn, threadbare but clean! The TV had a few channels (Sky News & CNN, Cartoon Network sometimes & Eurosports). The kitchen contained an oven & hob, kettle & toaster, plates & cutlery etc.

The pools were fine, not freezing but not warm, the pool on the hotel roof was drained when we went up. The pools slightly across from the hotel were very nice but again a few things weren't working (jacuzzi chairs etc).

We did not eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food. Neither did I choose to try the spa etc.

The hotel staff were resonably helpful but my disappoint on the 3rd day of realising that they had given us an older apartment, not a refurbished one in the same block, coloured my view of them. I would not stay at this hotel again as there were some lovely hotels surronding it.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,335)
  • Polish first
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Paradise Park in early March. The reception staff were very helpful on arrival, one of which gave us an extensive tour of some other rooms as we had asked about upgrading. We originally booked an apartment but on seeing one of the junior suites we did upgrade. Saying that, the apartments were very good value-huge and had every amenity.

We had been shown round a junior suite that was arranged over 2 floors and had 2 bathrooms and 2 balconies!! Fab! Only downside was there wasn't a double bed so we opted for a single floor suite with the double bed in the end.

It was very nicely decorated and lovely touches such as fluffy dressing gowns and flat screen TV. Loved the corner bath and wet room shower but ,just as many reviews have said before, we did have problems with the hot water!

Some days we had just luke warm water and couldn't get any pressure if the people next door were having a shower. We complained about 4 times in total and they sent someone to sort each time but the problems kept re-occurring. I know they are well aware of this problem so hopefully they can get it sorted!

Food for breakfast was plentiful but a bit of a rugby scrum around 9am but can only be expected for such a large hotel. The bar was expensive but never found a cheap hotel bar so didn't expect anything different!

You MUST go to the Atlante restaurant next door-we went for my birthday meal and it was the best food all week. I think it was 3 courses for 30 euros but this was a choice of anything including some very pricey main courses. It overlooks the lagoon style pool and the rest of the resort and was just fab.

Los Cristianos itself was ok, lots of building work going on so not very pretty and the town beaches were more dusty than sandy. It's definately worth a walk to the Mare Nostrum resort which takes about 20 minutes but the night life is better with some great restaurants.

The pools at the hotel were great. Rooftop was very relaxing but got a bit hot, so we spent most of our time at the Atlantida pool next door. It's free for residents of the hotel but hide food and drink when you go in because you're not meant to take any in. Their poolside bar is slightly extortionate needless to say.

Overall a great holiday but don't expect much more than Brits abroad in terms of the resort itself, especially if you venture to las americas (which I wouldn't advise!).

P.s Do ask about upgrading, it was about £180 extra for both of us for a week for the junior suite and it was well worth it!

• Liked — Choice of Pools and room quality
  • Disliked — Hot water supply problems
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cardiff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

We booked a junior suite at the Paradise Park for 2 weeks in March/April. The room was lovely and spacious, with sky television and a lounge area with kitchennete. The bathroom was clean with seperate shower and large corner bath. We had a patio area rather than a balcony as we were on the ground floor, this provided easy access to the pool area and felt very private. The main pool was always warm and generally quite busy. There is also a pool, jacuzzi and sun deck on the roof of the hotel which seemed to be reserved for adults only, this is also a great place to take in views over Los Cristianos and out to sea.

The hotel itself is perfectly fine, the staff are friendly and always willing to help. My girlfriend opted for a massage in the Spa which was very good. The gardens within the hotel are lovely and regularly tended to by staff. Our only problem with the hotel was the dining room and food. Although the quality of the food was good, the variety was very poor, and the dining room became a real scrum at breakfast time, with items running out regularly.

The hotel is situated about 10-15 minute walk up a slight hill from the beach in Los Cristianos. The hotel provides a courtesy bus which will take you to and from the beach every hour or so. There is a large Spar supermarket next door to the hotel and quite a few bars and restaurants within a 5 minute walk.

In my opinion, the best thing about the hotel (which not many people appeared to take advantage of) was the Wellness Centre. This is situated next door to the hotel and is a lovely private pool and terrace area with a small bar serving food and drinks. It was never busy and always very relaxing with 2 lovely pools and plenty of sun loungers.

I would propbably not go back unless it was on a room only basis, as it felt like a 4 star hotel with 3 star dining facilities.

Stayed March 2008
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

I booked a 4 day trip for my boyfriends birthday. I paid for a junior suite. To be fair I did email the hotel a couple of times and they replied very quick.

Thay had some lovely touches such as my boyfriends name on the board when we checked in and champ and fruit in our room.

We stayed in a modern suite overlooking the pool, for anyone booking I would so recommend this as the main hotel looks very dark and people were complaining about the standard rooms. The junior suites are in a sep building and you have your own lift which stops right outside your door. Our room had two TV's on of which was flat screen, sep lounge area with fridge and a huge bathroom with sep walk in shower and bath.

Balcony was a lot bigger too.

We had breakfast which had lots of choice. The bar is expensive though so just be warned!

The rooftop area is fab no kids allowed.

Only one complaint and that was sometimes lack of hot water.

I would stay again but only in a junior suite.

Stayed March 2008
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2008

This hotel lacks any charm, it is for the big mass.

Our room was dated and not renovated...looking a bit poor

Quality of food was good, but no big variation...although you have a big choice. The restaurant was looking like a school restaurant , no charm at all and very very noisy...

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — mass market
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bathgate
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2008

Just returned from a fairly reasonable 2 weeks at the paradise park
The food was first class we never had to out for dinner such was the quality and quantity
We would comment on the hill outside the hotel and can only say that it kind of takes your breath away
The roof terrace is great for its peace and lack of screaming kids who were catered for elsewhere in the complex.
Be aware of the very firm beds but all in all a very pleasing place to spend a good holiday

• Liked — The Food
  • Disliked — Coming Home
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2008

I agree with everything IM83 wrote, but adding the following. We stayed on the 5th floor and after spending the afternoon on the roof, sunbathing, all you want is a nice hot shower/bath before going out. Unfortunately, on at least 3 occasions there was no hot water pressure making it difficult to shower. On another occasion we had no hot water for an hour. This problem with the hot water lasted most of our week long stay.
The staff were always helpful and I must say responded quickly to the hot water problems. It just proved a frustration.
Breakfast could be a bit manic and if your timing was wrong you had to queue for maybe 5-10 minutes, until a table became available.
The restaurants down the road adjacent to the excellent Taylors bar were all very good with the the Spanish restaurant Toro Tapas & Grill being fantastic.
Overall we had a very enjoyable week and would probably stay there again, just give me some hot water!!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!