“Not bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa

You added Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Urb Oasis del Sur, 38650 Los Cristianos, Arona, Tenerife, Spain   |
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed 10th Nov- 17th in 239 superior? all inclusive on the corner, distant see view, sunset could be quite nice.
Room basic but okay - only used it for sleeping and getting changed etc, fridge in the room + tea/coffee facilities, hairdryer in bathroom- different shower heads available but only really need a good overhead one.
English satelite TV access felt homely . .
Food pleasant, wide choice available, freshly grilled meat and fish etc available for lunch and dinner gave scope for trying different options.Plenty fruit and veg.
.One of the internal bars could do with revamping-furniture a bit tired and-more like a 3*.
Staff polite and friendly 99.9% of the time but a bit stretched on Sunday nights when the roast is available? Roof top sunbathing recommended - adults only- self serve water machines - coffee etc from 11am till 5pm, small jacuzzis and swim pool-enough to cool off.
Normally go self catering but enjoyed being away from domestic duties.
Well worth a try.

Room Tip: Never tried the spa, but will upgrade next time staying there.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,356)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a week (4-11 November). We were upgraded to a junior suite, which was gorgeous – an apartment over two floors complete with two bathrooms, two balconies and two TVs! I feel very uncultured saying this, but the TV gets BBC 1, 2 and ITV and Channel 4 which meant that we could watch Homeland on Sunday and to get the Channel 4 coverage of the American elections (fab!)

The staff were very friendly and often in the face of breath-taking rudeness by some of the guests; I mean, how difficult is it to learn to say 'please' and 'thank-you' in Spanish? There is a little bit of a wait at reception, but I figured this was good for me – forcing me into holiday time and holiday 'manana'.

The food on offer is fresh and delicious. There was plenty of salad, fruit and veg choice. As an extra treat, every night there was a great selection of cheeses to have with biscuits, grapes or quince jelly. As someone who doesn't really do puddings, the cheese course was a lovely surprise. My partner and I kept vowing not to have any and then giving in to temptation each evening. I also had fresh tuna steaks a few times and mackerel, which was delicious. Some people have commented on the variety – the lack of it. There isn't a great deal of variation, but I suspect most people don't eat a huge variety of foods at home and what was on offer suited us absolutely fine.

The hotel is one of the busiest ones we've stayed in. Meal times can involve queues, but there are signs up telling you what times are busy so you can make the decision about queuing if you want to eat at busy times or avoiding it. Fair's fair eh?

The red wine on offer was absolutely lovely. The on tap beer is Amstel, which pleased my other half. As an added bonus, you can get Bucks Fizz for breakfast. There are lots of cocktails in the all inclusive package, but I can't comment as I didn't try them.

We don't have children, so the adult only rooftop area with its amazing views was a bonus. It's blissfully quiet up there (I think all the adults using it are in unspoken agreement to be as quiet as possible).

All credit to the chamber maids too. They clean the rooms every day and there were some nice touches. On one day, the maid put out our obligatory cheesy pic (last year, we got a pic of ourselves on a camel and this year we got one of ourselves about to embark on a boat trip) and on another day, she arranged my nightwear artistically. I imagine it's a pretty thankless tasks cleaning up after hotel guests...

We didn't really take advantage of the entertainment on offer; however, we did see one of the shows – some very athletic and flexible girls dancing which was good. We also went along to a paella demonstration by Chef Julien on the Friday and it was absolutely excellent. Do see this if you get the chance.

Finally, there is a well equipped gym and the spa is great. You can get a jacuzzi/sauna/steam room/plunge pool hour for 10 euros and it's well worth it. I also paid for a couple of treatments in the beauty salon and they were lovely – very indulgent and the salon was really clean and beautifully equipped. There is a wide range of treatments to choose from.

Room Tip: Go for the top suites.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here for a week beginging of November. Weather was lovely and I couldn't fault the hotels cleanliness and friendly hotel staff. Location it self not quite as nice but hotel made up for it. Food in hotel was lovely especially the soups. Would definatily consider going back again.

• Stayed November 2012
leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed at this hotel from the 30th october till the 13th november. We booked the holiday to celebrate my 50th birthday, and very glad we did it was the best holiday we have ever had.On arrival the weather was very warm a bit windy but dry.When we checked into the hotel we were pleasently suprised that we had been upgraded from a superior room to an exclusive suite.The suite was very clean and spacious.It was on the 7th floor room 714.Would recommend this suite to others infact we want to book again and stay in the same room ourselves next year.The first night of our stay it rained all night and all the next two days but then when it stopped and the sun came through it was scorching hot from then on. We spent most of our time on the rooftop sunbathing, the pool and jacuzzi were lovely to cool off in during the hottest part of the day.The food was for everyones taste and every day was something different to choose from, there was always plenty to eat and always freshly cooked and available no matter what time you went into the restaurant.All the staff were very polite, friendly and couldnt do enough for you.The waiters and waitresess all worked hard cleaning tables and fetching and carrying for all holidaymakers, Although they were very busy and didnt seem to stop for a minute they always had a smile on their face for you.The cleaner we had each day made a fantastic job of keeping our suite spotless and tidy.On the day of my birthday i put up my birthday cards and after we had been to the spa and massage we returned to the room to find a bottle of wine and a card from the management and staff for me.We can only presume the cleaner had informed the managment of the cards on display for my birthday for them to leave the bottle of wine.The time of year we went was quiet which is exactley what we wanted.We met some wonderful people there and made some new friends.There was some children in the hotel but because it was school term there wasnt too many and the ones that were there were well behaved .We would like to thank the staff and management for their excellent service and warm welcome that we recieved from the start to finish of our stay in your high class hotel.Hope to see you all again next year.

Room Tip: best floor to pick to stay on is the 7th
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Just returned from 10 days stay at Paradise Park Hotel & Spa. From booking online, and throughout the whole holiday every effort was made by staff to ensure we enjoyed our holiday. We were allocated a room on the 6th floor on the side of the hotel which I requested by the Admin team, and the cleaning & maintenance services were excellent. There were some minor defects in the room, but these were rectified within the hour.
We stayed on half board, and the dining room and food were great, probably the best hotel food we have had in the 19 visits to Tenerife.
The leisure facilities are also excellent, we tended to use the hotels new swimming pools adjacent to the hotel , but you could also use the facilities on the roof of the hotel.The main pool area at the centre of the hotel is mainly used by families, so there's facilities to suit all ages..
The hotel is towards the back of Los Christianos, so we tended to use the free hotel bus service into town, and then taxis back.
A great holiday!

Room Tip: Use the free hotel bus service which runs weekdays and Saturday morning.
isle of wight
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Just got back from my third stay in four years at the Paradise Park and things have changed. it used to be a quite exclusive spa hotel with a quality feel to it and a relaxing air.....now they do....ALL INCLUSIVE...!!! Gone are the laid back quiet afternoons around the pool and the carefree pace of the hotel, now you have the pleasent smell of burgers and chips cooking all afternoon in the shack by the main pool and the fight to find water between all the blown up toys and balls being thrown around. They even have a play park next to the pool to add.....something, not too sure what!!

Please don't get me wrong, I have children and when they were young this would have been the place to go and I totally recommend it, but....if you wanted the hotel that was, then you will be dissapointed.

Good points;

Always clean, geat staff, great heated pool (including toys), great rooms etc and a hotel that I used to love and would still if I had young children, but, I now prefer the quieter side of life!

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can, the standard rooms are very good but the upgrade is well worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

On arrival we were shown to a room on 1st floor next to tatooist shop, we arrived late so were just glad to go to bed. In the morning everything seemed fine but then we opened the balcony door and got blasted by sulphur and other raw sewerage smells there were problems with the plumbing is an understatement. We gave the hotel a chance to put this right which they could not as there were major problems at this hotel, I had a mouth and eye infection, after my friend couldn't take any more he went to reception and and asked for a room change the guy asked which room my friend said 121 the guy smiled knowingly and said we would have to wait till morning just close the balcony put the ac on and pray your live till the morning. well we did survive just with gas masks ! Anyway we were moved to a far nicer room high on the 5th floor and had a very nice time especially at the spa/massage parlour, we just wonder why when they know there are problems with a room they treat people so badly. My friend loves the place but I have my reservations, its hit or miss with the rooms you get, if only they didnt dump us in a sewerage farm, I would have given this hotel very good but average.

Room Tip: pick a high floor room and avoid 1st floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fanabe Costa Sur Hotel
Fanabe Costa Sur Hotel
#25 of 52 in Costa Adeje
4.0 of 5 stars 2,370 reviews

Been to Hotel Paradise Park Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!