“not the best” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sol Princesa Dacil

You added Sol Princesa Dacil to your Saves list
Sol Princesa Dacil
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Juan Carlos I, 25 | Playa de los Cristianos, 38640 Los Cristianos, Tenerife, Spain   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“not the best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We arrived here on 29th October for a 4 night break,,,Check in was slow,,We were a party of 8 using 4 rooms,,6 of us had 1 bedroom apartments but our room was tiny and very hot,,The balcony was so small only 1 seat could be put in it..Rooms were clean enough,fresh towels were provided every day,,Pool looked tired and needed painted,,The queues were bad for drinks and the entertainment was poor,,most staff were pleasant and the animation team were very good,The food was never hot and the meatballs were raw,,i would not go back

Room Tip: the rooms above the front door were very noisy with deliveries and rubbish trucks
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Polish first
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed at the Sol Princesa Dacil Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis for a week in October. It was good value for the cost.

The hotel was a good base for the week. My room had everything I require including air conditioning and it was cleaned well daily.

The staff worked hard to look after the guests. The staff I met at the bars were friendly and provided a good service.

I paid for my room with my credit card but the hotel required cash for the room safe. A disappointment with the hotel is the internet access. The hotel wanted €4.00 for one hour of access. Nowadays I am used to hotels providing WiFi on a similar basis to hot water in the bathroom. There is free WiFi at nearby bars and restaurants.

I used the Transportes Interurbanos de Tenerife (TITSA) bus 111 from the airport to Los Cristianos; this cost €3.10 for a journey of approximately 15 Minutes. The hotel could be seen from the bus station. It is an easy journey.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
CORBY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Returned yesterday from this hotel. The staff are great and helpful. Location is great. Kids park needs to be advertised better as my daughter only saw it when we went past on an open top deck bus. We never managed to get sun beds (surprise surprise). Other Sol hotels remove towels unlike here. Food was ok but a bit repetitive. The pool is far too small for the size of the hotel. Room was a great size but air conditioning is need as the ceiling fan doesn't do anything. The maids do a great job and always say good day. Would I stay again? Maybe.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

just got back from our hols and had a fantastic time at the Sol Princesa Dacil, if you are in Tenerife give this hotel a check out.. The staff were very polite and always helpful it made our 41st wedding anniversary a holiday to remember. The weather in early October was as expected in the 80s, There is a great choice of food, something for all tastes, we went all inclusive and the local drinks were of good quality and even better cost nothing.A good place to meet new people and make new friends.

Room Tip: the higher the better and ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel is great for families and groups wanting/needing lively holiday entertainment; doubtful couples would enjoy and it's definitely NOT for those wanting peaceful, relaxing accommodation.

POOL - I’m a solo traveller and chose this hotel as I swim a lot on holiday and understood from websites it had an adult pool – it doesn’t! On my first day I asked reception where the adult pool was (it was quite separate at a hotel I’d previously stayed in nearby) and was advised it was at the side of the small children’s pool, I mentioned it was full of children and inflatables and it was confirmed, with a shoulder shrug, that this WAS the adult pool but it was up to the lifeguard whether children were asked to leave the pool – that clearly was never going to happen, particularly as the other pool is only a toddler pool.

SUNBEDS - It’s tricky to get even a single sunbed due to guests ‘reserving’ with their towels despite signs saying it ‘not allowed’; add to that the beds are crammed together so there's little personal space (un-fun if stuck near a smoker!) and no respite from noisy children.

ACTIVITIES - The activities staff are fabulous and have incredible energy and enthusiasm, they're very encouraging of guests into all sorts of daytime games – great for kids and parents. There’s plenty of other kiddy activities too – mini golf, climbing, tennis.

ROOMS - The rooms are clean but very basic (no aircon, no hairdryer, no kettle, no fridge); mine seemed to be a very small tag-on family room (locked door to adjoining room). Noise carries a lot! My room was as far away from the lifts as you could get yet I could still hear the regular ‘ping’ of them arriving, I could hear everything from the room next door (even carrier bags being rustled) and there was little chance of a lie in past 6am-ish with kids running down the corridors and chairs etc scraping on the floor above.

FOOD - I stayed B&B and the breakfast was good. Bar drinks were very expensive. All board ratings queued together.

LOCATION – Great for the centre and I felt safe walking back there alone pre-midnight.

STAFF – Reception and the maids were friendly; however the bar staff could be quite rude (observed and experienced).

Room Tip: I can't provide any tips as mine wasn't great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
franciscoperez, Gerente at Sol Princesa Dacil, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear client,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for having chosen us to spend your holiday and also for having taken some of your valuable time to let us know about your experience with us. Moroever, you should know that I really regret not having been able to fulfil your expectations and needs. Your satisfaction is always our main priority.

Furthermore, I am really sorry you spent your stay with us in so crowded period when we still had a lot of children. I can assure you that now the hotel is very much quieter and there is plenty of space in the swimming pool.

On the other hand,I do appreciate you inform me about the dificiencies and weak points you detected during your holiday with us as they can really help us to improve our Quality Service.

Finally and insisting on my gratitude, I do hope this bad experience does not deter you from choosing us in the future and you can enjoy a relaxing holiday in a quieter period.

Yous faithfully,
Francisco Perez
Manager
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just returned from 10 night break on a half board basis . Second visit to this Hotel and had booked a double room with separate lounge which gives much more space as son joined us one day after wife and I had arrived . Allocated Room 705 which had a view of pool and sea alongside ferry terminal . Room is adequately equipped with plenty of storage space . TV with BBC World News and Sky News but both channels somewhat repetitive but was not on holiday to watch TV . Safe available in room for approx 3 euros per day with 5 euro deposit on key .
Restaurant is somewhat "canteen" style but food plentiful at Breakfast and Evening Meal .
Was not on All Inclusive basis but this appears chaotic for those that are and always long queues which I would have found frustrating . Pool is quite small for size of Hotel and sunbeds can be hard to find at certain times of day .
One criticism I had was with Reception . At present there is work being carried out which means that Staff are working from desks where original counter was . There were clearly never enough staff working which meant an inordinately long time to check in (I actually missed out on my evening meal) or to deal with any other issues . Hopefully this situation will not continue once upgrade has been completed .
Overall a good value for money holiday and will undoubtedly return in the future .

Room Tip: Rooms with separate Lounge are well worth extra money and would recommend rooms on Floor 7 or above...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Telford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Excellent value for money, very clean room, beautiful views, friendly helpful staff. The food is absolutely wonderful, such a huge selection and catering for all possible tastes. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Been to Sol Princesa Dacil? Share your experiences!