“OK for a OK meal” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“OK for a OK meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Not bad but a little dated perhaps. It had the feel of an 80s restaurant, food was OK but real lack lustre staff let it down a bit, not cheap either.I asked to "tweak" a couple of dishes but it was clear to me that it was their way or the highway.

Like I say OK, average but nothing to write home about

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Buckinghamshire
“Tourist trap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I personally found this place expensive for what you got which wasn't great. I did admire their staff methods interesting; everyone sticks rigidly to their roles - the guy whose job it is to draw you in does nothing else. The waiter who shows you to your table and asks for your drinks doesn't take food orders, only 'the manager' does that. All very strange.

Pizza was thin tasty and had a minimum of ingredients; the pasta was lukewarm and clearly needed some seasoning because it was limp and lifeless. There were plenty of prawns through it including heads, presumably to show that you were getting fresh stuff ( trick didn't work)

I will say that the staff were excellent with my son as most Spanish restaurants are with children, giving him lollipops and an inflatable beach ball at the end of his meal. The staff are to be commended; the cooking regrettably, is not.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
cornwall
“Good as long as you don't complain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We have eaten here more than once and always enjoyed the food and especially the banter from the waiters. Not again though. We sat next to 2 very polite Dutch Students who had cause for complaint, in that they found a piece of cardboard in the food. The waiter aplogised and told them that particular dish would not be charged for, even though they didn't expect that as they told us at the time. When the bill was eventually presented, they queried the price as thay had been charged for the dish. The manager then appeared, and the friendly banter turned into a vitriolic arm waving outburst which included threatening the students by banning them from every restaurant in Los Christianos. Not only had he not adjusted the bill, he had actually increased it which they then had to query. We all may at some time have cause for complaint - just don't do it here.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Excellent for Pizza and Pasta but its not fine dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The simple elements of th menu were amazing , beautiful fresh pasta and tasty sauces , fresh crisp salad and the pizza was beautiful
We returned for evening dinner on the basis of the lovely fresh food we had experienced during a late lunch ....
Oh dear ...wild mushrooms ........very oily with far toooooo crisp /overcooked pancetta
I had chicken ..which looked very sad and was covered in a gelatinous sauce which I simply couldnt eat combined with the side of very oily veg ...
On the plus side my husbands steak was perfectly cooked
The waiters make this place , they are all charming, chatty and friendly without being pushy
I would return but only for the simple menu

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“AMAZING!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We dined here most nights as our hotel we were staying at ( all inclusive ) was rubbish!!!!! Well what can I say.... The staff are fantastic and all have great friendly personalities!!!! Food is first class steak,pizzas,pasta are all incredible.... I also enjoyed the massive G+T'S I had!!!! Thank-you for making our holiday with fantastic food, great atmosphere and friendly staff!!!!!