We went here for a week 15th-22nd June 2014.
Negatives of this hotel are :-
1. Don't leave your name brand clothes out to dry on your patio at night, possibly not during day either ! On our second night we put some clothes out to dry on the drying/clothes airer provided, and my 16 year old son woke me up at 05:20 and someone was outside in our walled off patio area, going through the clothes. I woke my partner up and he went out but the person had gone, within 1 minute? We were half asleep still. When we looked to see what was missing we thought was just a T-shirt belonging to 16 year old, but later discovered that his chino's had gone as well. Has to be said that both were name branded, the intruder had looked at a nice shirt from Next, but obviously was looking for well known brands, so left said shirt as not good enough, lol. When we later reported it to reception we were told "What do you want me to do about it? You should of dialled 9 on your phone and security would of come" by the really helpful daytime receptionist, who didn't even ask us what room we were in, when I told her my son would not sleep in the room because he was shook up, as I was, she shrugged and went back to chatting with a couple of co-workers that were by reception.........helpful, I do not think so. My son actually refused to sleep in the living area on the pull out bed and stayed in with me for the remainder of the holiday, whilst my partner slept in the living area.
2. Reference to Night security..... we never saw no evidence of a security guard at night during our whole stay despite retuning late a few times.
3. Reference to daytime receptionist, very rude person, unless you were Spanish or local, or German. Asked her to phone to book our return transfer as we were told to do by transfer company, she actually said was not her job and pointed to the wording on the paperwork transfer company gave us, and said we must ring them ourselves from the public telephone, when I said to my partner for him to deal with her before I lost my temper she actually dialled their number for us from the reception telephone, sighing and muttering to herself !!!!
As 'Front of house' she is the rudest, unhelpful receptionist I have ever come across, Indeed if it was only her on reception she would frighten most guests away....
There was another lady on reception in late afternoons who was really nice and helpful and polite, as was a gentleman who worked reception at night.
4. There was a robbery in another apartment when we were there, someone actually entered their apartment and stole their money, So be warned to be very security conscious whilst staying here, as we were told by one of the staff...''.Don't trust anyone there not even your neighbours or the staff.''
Having made these negative comments there are many positives:-
1. Apartment was spotless and cleaned 5 times a week.
2. A washing machine is provided in the bathroom...just be careful where you dry your clothes, etc.
3.Staff in the Lost Temple restaurant and the Cave bar couldn't be more helpful and friendly and eager to 'serve' you. 10 out of 10 to all these people.
4. The chef actually manages to cook some wonderful food given the budget he must have to work with, and also the many nationalities he must cater for... actually went out of his way to cook my son a veal steak that was mediumly cooked, gave him a fresh piece and well cooked it. would give him 11 out of 10 for his service and food :-)
5. Apartment was well provided for if you were self catering...everything was there.
6. Great location for all the beaches and shops and pubs etc.
All in all, I would go back to this hotel, we actually rented a safe, local rates payable, haha!!! We always use safes for our valuables, this one was located by the reception desk in a room that is locked for added security....good idea.
I would be more security conscious if we returned here, even with our clothes,lol.
But it was a great holiday, we all agreed we would like to return there next year for a longer holiday as we had such a great time.
The entertainment wasn't up to much but we went to the local bars, very cheap for beers and non name brand alcohol, music etc, and food all very cheap.
Crazy golf down by beach front, was excellent as was a bar/restaurant were the singers were in a cubicle that opened outside every night....was entertaining and we had a brilliant time.
Loved it all apart from the clothing theif...shame on you....and the very rude receptionist at hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Checkin Bungalows Atlantida reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solvasa Atlantida Bungalows Hotel Tenerife
- Checkin Bungalows Atlantida Tenerife/Los Cristianos