“Don't leave your name brand clothes out to dry at night !!!!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Checkin Bungalows Atlantida

You added Checkin Bungalows Atlantida to your Saves list
Checkin Bungalows Atlantida
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Londres 3, ES-38650 Los Cristianos, Arona, Tenerife, Spain (Formerly Solvasa Atlantida Bungalows)   |
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Don't leave your name brand clothes out to dry at night !!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We went here for a week 15th-22nd June 2014.
Negatives of this hotel are :-
1. Don't leave your name brand clothes out to dry on your patio at night, possibly not during day either ! On our second night we put some clothes out to dry on the drying/clothes airer provided, and my 16 year old son woke me up at 05:20 and someone was outside in our walled off patio area, going through the clothes. I woke my partner up and he went out but the person had gone, within 1 minute? We were half asleep still. When we looked to see what was missing we thought was just a T-shirt belonging to 16 year old, but later discovered that his chino's had gone as well. Has to be said that both were name branded, the intruder had looked at a nice shirt from Next, but obviously was looking for well known brands, so left said shirt as not good enough, lol. When we later reported it to reception we were told "What do you want me to do about it? You should of dialled 9 on your phone and security would of come" by the really helpful daytime receptionist, who didn't even ask us what room we were in, when I told her my son would not sleep in the room because he was shook up, as I was, she shrugged and went back to chatting with a couple of co-workers that were by reception.........helpful, I do not think so. My son actually refused to sleep in the living area on the pull out bed and stayed in with me for the remainder of the holiday, whilst my partner slept in the living area.
2. Reference to Night security..... we never saw no evidence of a security guard at night during our whole stay despite retuning late a few times.
3. Reference to daytime receptionist, very rude person, unless you were Spanish or local, or German. Asked her to phone to book our return transfer as we were told to do by transfer company, she actually said was not her job and pointed to the wording on the paperwork transfer company gave us, and said we must ring them ourselves from the public telephone, when I said to my partner for him to deal with her before I lost my temper she actually dialled their number for us from the reception telephone, sighing and muttering to herself !!!!
As 'Front of house' she is the rudest, unhelpful receptionist I have ever come across, Indeed if it was only her on reception she would frighten most guests away....
There was another lady on reception in late afternoons who was really nice and helpful and polite, as was a gentleman who worked reception at night.
4. There was a robbery in another apartment when we were there, someone actually entered their apartment and stole their money, So be warned to be very security conscious whilst staying here, as we were told by one of the staff...''.Don't trust anyone there not even your neighbours or the staff.''

Having made these negative comments there are many positives:-
1. Apartment was spotless and cleaned 5 times a week.
2. A washing machine is provided in the bathroom...just be careful where you dry your clothes, etc.
3.Staff in the Lost Temple restaurant and the Cave bar couldn't be more helpful and friendly and eager to 'serve' you. 10 out of 10 to all these people.
4. The chef actually manages to cook some wonderful food given the budget he must have to work with, and also the many nationalities he must cater for... actually went out of his way to cook my son a veal steak that was mediumly cooked, gave him a fresh piece and well cooked it. would give him 11 out of 10 for his service and food :-)
5. Apartment was well provided for if you were self catering...everything was there.
6. Great location for all the beaches and shops and pubs etc.

All in all, I would go back to this hotel, we actually rented a safe, local rates payable, haha!!! We always use safes for our valuables, this one was located by the reception desk in a room that is locked for added security....good idea.
I would be more security conscious if we returned here, even with our clothes,lol.
But it was a great holiday, we all agreed we would like to return there next year for a longer holiday as we had such a great time.
The entertainment wasn't up to much but we went to the local bars, very cheap for beers and non name brand alcohol, music etc, and food all very cheap.
Crazy golf down by beach front, was excellent as was a bar/restaurant were the singers were in a cubicle that opened outside every night....was entertaining and we had a brilliant time.
Loved it all apart from the clothing theif...shame on you....and the very rude receptionist at hotel.

Room Tip: we were in room 107, great for restaurant and cave bar and pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Finnish first
Walsall, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We have just returned from a long weekend break with an all inclusive package.Before I come to the negatives I just thought i would share my one positive and that is the English/Canarian barman called Dave,very friendly and very helpful,the other bar staff/waitresses were also good but Dave stood out for us.Now the negatives.This place is in need of a major refurbishment.My wife couldn't turn the shower off and part flooded the bathroom because of this, the 2 maintenance men eventually turned it off and then told us you should only turn the knobs 2 times.One of them spoke a little more english than the other one and he seemed to say that the shower head was missing and they would come and put a new one on and get the floor cleared up for us,but know-one ever came back.The next day we mentioned it to housekeeping but still know-one sorted the shower head.We spoke to another guest and they also didn't have a shower head.Outside our room it looked like a cat had been in the rubbish bin and left some bones behind,these bones were there the 4 days we stopped,even though I complained to reception.The appartments have no air conditioning or fans so are too hot and you cannot even open your windows at night for fear of someone robbing you,which happened to someone in our block while they were asleep.There are 2 pools,the one near us was un-attended and i didn't see anyone clean the pool area,but the other pool by the food dungeon was cleaned.The life guard sometimes popped his head around to our nearest pool from the path above but never stopped there.Most of the railings on this site had rust on them.The food in the restaurant wasn't the best and they you weren't allowed a cup of tea or coffee with your evening meal,but they allowed lots of locals who stopped there to to do as they like and make lots of noise day and night,we even saw one appartment having a party inside and out but security seemed non-existant.I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Winchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

just been done up very clean and tidy. Beds very comfortable just like home rooms come with fridge freezer so nice cold drinks. Its a pitty no air con left doors and windows but with children can not do. had to buy a fan we stayed near top ramps to steep for push chairs. Food good but not the best but very basic short walk to beach .WOULD I stay again yes but only on a cheap deal

Room Tip: get a high number room will get sun into late evening
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Had a one bedroom newly refurbished apartment number 81. Great size with a huge bathroom with separate walk in shower, fully equipped kitchen, flat screen tv, lounge, balcony with table and chairs and a sun lounger! Towels etc changed 5 times in the week, clean and tidy hotel with lovely grounds. We went All Inclusive, food not bad and drinks freely available. Brilliant location 5 mins from the sea front and all the bars. Very quiet in May and no evening entertainment but easy to get out and about. Highly recommend the crazy golf on the sea front. Weather was largely cloudy, which spoiled the sunbathing and use of the pool! However, a great holiday in a friendly and well run hotel. Not 5 star, but excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Apartment 81 was newly refurbished. Sun lounger on the balcony that caught the sun until 5pm. Far aw...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Northumberland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

All bungalows have a full setup for self catering, including a washing machine,
Tv, fridge, cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee machine, crockery and
Glasses. The lounge is spacious with a sofa bed. Table and four chairs. The
Table like all tables in the hotel needed a table mat to steady it. The Bedroom has
Twin beds, wardrobe. No safe in room, but one available in reception. No aircondishoner
in any of the apartments. The Bathroom is spacious. The bath has no shower rail or curtain
And is quite dangerous as the floor gets wet. All other appartments have a bath and shower with curtain. A small balcony. The Complex has three pools, a Tennis court, football pitch,
Crazy golf. Children are well catered for, but in the two weeks we were there we did not see any.
Some of the apartments were winter lets, so the clientele Are mostly over 60. The food in the restaurant is very good if not. a bit repetitive, but nice salads, Soup, Main courses are usually
Chicken dish, veal Beef and vegetarian options, a selection of vegetables.
Breakfast is good, fresh breads, juice Fruit Cold meats and Cheese. The Bacon was good and the sausage and eggs.
Problems. We did have problems with the hot water on two mornings, but was sorted out by reception.
Most of the guests were from Sweden.
The Entertainment was low key, but you get what you pay for. My wife says our room could do r a full length mirror. The Hotel was a short walk to the promenade where you could walk all the way to los America's. Would go again. Recommend Dave the Waiter.
Tip If you have arranged a bus transfer, instead go by taxi only 22 euros, save yourself three hours
Wait at the terminal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I think we should start with the positives. The apartments are located very well only 5minutes walk from the beach and all it's bars and restaurants. They are kept clean and the gardens well maintained. We stayed here on B and B and had a good cooked breakfast every morning. We stayed in bungalow no 5 and so had a small garden that got the sun most of the day which was nice. Now for the negatives. The female reception staff could benefit from a week at charm school followed by another week on a customer care course. Most of the time we found them with the attitude that everything was too much trouble, miserable and even sometimes rude. A smile and a cheery good morning can I help you goes a long way. What happened to guest satisfaction and the customer is always right ? We also found the bathroom in the apartment to be very dated along with the restaurant and bar area. We tried the entertainment in the bar on one occasion and found it to be dull and boring. If you are allocated a sunny room with a nice view you will probably be quite happy with your stay. You only get what you pay for. Would I stay here again ? Probably not because there are so many more nice apartments in this area.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I booked the Atlantida Apartment for a week 28th Feb to 7th March 2014.

The apartment I was given (apartment 161) was small, above the generator and laundry services. It had no air conditioning as stated when booking and had no curtains despite being by the main walkway to reception.

When I complained I was not offered a more suitable apartment which matched the description I had relied on when I booked it through Only-apartments last year.

I booked out and received a refund of the balance that I paid to the apartment owners and was able to book into the Paloma Beach apartments where I have stayed before.

Do not book into the Solvisa Atlantida Bungalows as they are not as described in their internet advertising or the agency advertising. They are really bad. Their customer service is appalling. Do not waste your money there are loads of better places to stay in Los Cristianos in Tenerife.

Room Tip: Don't book - you will be very disappointed if you do.
Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Checkin Bungalows Atlantida? Share your experiences!