“No Blur at Oasis (well I tried...)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oasis Mango Apartments

You added Oasis Mango Apartments to your Saves list
Oasis Mango Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Avenida San Francisco, 15 | Urbanizacion Oasis del Sur, 38650 Los Cristianos, Tenerife, Spain   |
Hawarden, United Kingdom
“No Blur at Oasis (well I tried...)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The apartments are large, well equipped and cleaned regularly. I think all balconies get the sun all day. We went in December so the nights were cool, and we slept well! The pool area was great- not too many people there, and the drinks weren't too expensive; the toasted tuna and onion sandwiches were delicious at 3.50 euros. Yes, it was trek to the beach but the hill wasn't too steep and there are plenty of bars and restaurants en route! So take comfy walking shoes, and enjoy the daily walk like we did- and I think this was the reason I didn't put on any weight, unbelievably, over Christmas for the first time ever! We will definitely stay at these apartments again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Helsinki
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed for a week in this property. We were quite happy with the place: the room was clean and there wasn't anything to complain. This Oasis Mango was quite full during the Christmas time. The customers seemed to be retired couples from Germany, Sweden, Finland and other places - quite peaceful people, so the good sleep was guaranteed. We chose the room from the first floor, so there wasn't view from the balcony. I recommend to pay some extra and get a room from the upper floors. The supermarket was nearby and there was always space for our car in the parking lot, which is situated by the street.

Room Tip: We chose the room from the first floor, so there wasn't view from the balcony. I recommend to pa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here Oasis Mango in Los Cristianos on 22 November till 29th November 2012.
The apartment was good size, clean and all you needed was there.
The hotel is a good way up a hill which isn't a very steep hill but after walking around the resort or coming back from the beach, it's a bit of a pain.
Then when you get to the hotel, you have a mass of steps to get to your apartment.
The hotel is built on a steep section of a hill, so the apartments are on levels.
We had the top level so by the time we got in to the apartment, we felt like we just did 2 hrs in a gym.
But the view of the resort was lovely and the sunsets were stunning from our balcony.
The food in the resturant was home made and very good but not much in the way of choices.
Reception staff helpfull and friendly enough.
Mainly German and French, so if you dont mind Plenty of nose blowing while your eating, then you will be fine.
The pool is fresh water but they do over do the clorine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bilzen, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Well equipped, spacious, quiet clean apartment. Very friendly people. It's on a hill, about 1 km from the beach. Busstation at 100 metres to go to Costa del silencio in the north and Playa Americas in the south.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
essex
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Please read this review- for our experience of the Oasis Mango apartments!- this the email I have sent-not only to the hotel but also to the customer services department of Reveron Hotels.

I am still waiting for a reply which is over a week ago!

Subject: Cowell family holiday 3/10/2012- 10/11/2012
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 22:25:52 +0000

Dear Sirs,
We have just returned from a 1 week holiday stay at your apartments. I am writing to you to complain and express our concerns about the problems we occurred regarding room 405.

After a few hours of checking into our room, my wife and 15 month old child were greeted by a large cockroach in the bathroom, of which my wife and daughter were terrified. We notified reception, and after protest were given a small quantity of insect spray of which we used up quiclky, because everyday we had several large cockroaches in our bathroom. This was also reported to the reception and were told that a hole in our bathroom was closed up by your maintence employee. However, we were still getting cockroaches in our bathroom and living room everyday. On no occasion were we offered more spray or to move rooms. We had to buy our own spray and anti bacterial spray and cleaning products to try and solve the problem, of which we now believe must have been a nest somewhere within the building.
The spray was very strong and I was very reluctant to use it around our small child, but we had no choice to use it as we were not living with cockroaches which can spread germs and disease especially as we had a small child.

It was only on our last day after another discovery of more cockroaches in our bathroom that I made another complaint to reception- where we had to wait 1 hour for your maintence employee to attend to our room. We were then told that our room would have to be treated with spray from yourselves and it was not safe to be in the room when this was done. Your reception finally offered another room -412. We were told we could have the room in 1 hour. After 1 hour the room was not ready and told it would be ready in another 15minutes-again after 15 minutes the room was not ready. After having to wait for 3 hours in our room for us to be moved, I expressed my dissapointment and we went to the beach for the day. We were extremely annoyed that we had wasted 3 hours of our last day of our holiday trying to solve the issue.

On returning from the beach, we moved rooms, but i was disgusted to find that our baby's cot had not been moved to our new room, neither was our standing fan or suit cases. I would have though as good will and customer care that these items would have been moved. So without any further delay I moved them myself.

We understand that Teneriffe is a sub tropical country and that there may be some some insects, however having over 15 cockroaches in a room and no offer of a room change or some kind of real solution to the problem I find utterly disgusting.

I would also like to notify you that on return to our home yesterday, my wife discovered a small cockroach in our own bathroom, which I can only believe came back with us from your hotel in our luggage. We again have now had to go out and buy another spray to treat our own home.

This incident completely spoilt our family holiday, and jeopardised my childs health. Also having returned to our own home and discovering a cockroach in our own bathroom, I find absolutlely disgusting.

I am strongly considering writing a review on trip advisor of our experience at your hotel. However, I am giving you the opportunity to reply to my email before considering my actions.

I look forward to your response,

Mr Dean Cowell.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at these apartments whilst on a golf trip, there was myself & 4 others. The rooms are huge and very good first impressions and the receptionist was extremely helpful. After the first night when we had got here for 6 then out for 8 we got a letter delivered to our door which said we had been too noisy the previous night and would be vacated if we had any complaints, I explained we hadn't been in the apartment all night but it was ignored and the letter was pointed too. I would only recommend this apartment if you do not have a social life as it made the rest of our trip very uncomfortable and worrying about being vacated even though we had not been around, obviously some boring people who don't like to have fun on holiday had said something and i think it should have been dealt with in a better manner.

• Stayed November 2012
glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

not for older people dont care what other people say the hill is a killer in the heat i was ther for two weeks youv got to go down to get to the beach and the good bars are down there. Cost a fortune in taxies was as well booking an apartment dearer further down the hill not for me.Apart from that the apartment complex and room were fine

Room Tip: more stairs if your in block 5
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Oasis Mango Apartments? Share your experiences!