“We had a great holiday” 5 of 5 stars

You added Mina Studios to your Saves list
Mina Studios
Platys Gialos 84600, Greece   |
UK
“We had a great holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

Mina's is perfectly located within a short walk of the beach and all the Tavernas.
The studio was clean, comfortable and excellent value for money. The area was quiet and there was no noise from any of the other rooms. The balcony was great to sit out in the evenings. The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious enough and well serviced every day. The owners were gracious hosts and very helpful in every aspect. We would definitely stay again and recommend Mina's to any other prospective guests.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

Rooms were small (but very clean) and bathrooms tiny and unwieldy, but we had a lovely 3 nights here. Mina and her family really go out of their way to recommend the best places on Mykonos and were even kind enough to give us a free ride to the airport the morning we left.

It's less than a 5 minute walk to the amazing beach too!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
san francisco, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

We had $200, our cameras, and our cell phone ripped off in this place. Upon reflection, we think we were also drugged since we uncharacteristically slept for 8 hours in the middle of the day. When we went to the owner thinking that we'd at least get sympathy and directions to the police station (and, shoot, maybe a night on the house) she got very hostile and accused us of being drunk and trying to set her up. Avoid this place at all costs

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

We where at Mina's studios the last week of June. We were completely surprised by Mina and Cosma (her husband), two extraordinary persons, always helpful and kind.
They picked up us at the airport, suggested the best place to rent a motorbike, they suggested several restaurants and taverna, Mina even suggested us the right beach according to the wind condition! Amazing! The room is a typical greek studio, small but really comfortable and clean (our room had also a private terrace with sea view). Platys Gialos is the best location in Mikonos, relaxing with minimarkets and tavernas on the beach, it is only 5 minutes by motorbike from Mikonos town and in less than 10-15 minutes you can reach the farest beaches. Last but not least, Mina and Cosma are really friend for us, we enjoyed the time with them! When we left it was like leaving home....we will back at Mina's for sure!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Udaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

Hi!
Me & my wife were suppose to stay in Kamari Hotel....we did stay for 1 night...the hotel is good but we realized as we are pure vegetarian and that too hard core indian food junkies...so we were missing our food and thought we need a kitchen but kamari had none also the owner had none. Strange but true they don't have a kitchen...whatever also the owner was not that helpful...he was always smiling but feel he was not ready to help...may be we were a hazzle for him....now complaning...it's more us than him.

So we shifted to this Mina studios and trust me I started to smile and enjoying the holiday's...was almost to cry due to food problem. The lady is great....amazing I tell you...she is helping....ready to go out of way to help you...also made a coffee for me.....free internet....using it I am online and finally being able to be in touch with family back there in India.

She gives a detail overview of isalnd...what to see where to go....where to have fun and gives a detail map....the last hotel charge .50 euro just for map...come on you can give it for free....its helping your island to explore.

Mina also gave us a discount without asking...she thought its appropriate looking at May low season....the rooms are clean....they have ample utensils to cook. The view from room....I have no words its awesome....its breathtaking. Yesterday was full moon and I had the moonlight from the balcong door on my bed....so romantic...ask my wife....she had a amazing night me too...lol.

If I ever come back to Mykonos and I will...no matter what she charges me as rent I will stay here. The beach is near by....mini market is like 1 min walk....bus stand is like 2 min walk...what else you need. If I ask for more...I should have stayed in India only....but she made us feel at hom...she have a lovely smile...have 2 sons studying in Athens...she is amazing and hote is just awesome.

Thanks a million,
Madhu & Shweta

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

The site's pictures do not lie, I saw 3 different rooms, and they were all wonderful. As a single female traveler, safety was important and it was met at Mina's. The hotel is near a supermarket, shops, and beautiful beaches. Mina and her husband were more than hospitable, they treated me like family! Mina's husband helped me get groceries and Mina and I had a few very nice coffee chats. Overall they added to my last week in Europe, lovely time.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Milan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

The apartments are not those pictured in the official site!
I booked one apartment with kitchen but we HAD TO stay for three days in a very small room with just one bed in it.
On the fourth day we moved in our apartment but there were no kitchen, just one electric cooker!!!!
And the room was so small---- claustrophobic!
Mina required all the money!

DO NOT MAKE A RESERVATION!

Oh, Mykonos is a beautiful island and the beaches are amazing!ù

Valentina, Italy

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Mina Studios? Share your experiences!