“Back to Yefsi” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 12 Restaurants in Platys Gialos
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: EXPLORE THE FLAVORS OF MYKONOS AND GET INTO MYKONIAN HOLIDAYSYefsi Event Restaurant is an exclusive restaurant serving traditional Mykonian and Mediterranean cuisine. It is located exactly in the middle of Platis Gialos beach, at the best location one could imagine You can enjoy your swimming in the beautiful blue waters of the Mykonian sea just in front of the restaurant while use the sun beds and the umbrellas provided for our guests.We facilitate our clients with more than 80 umbrellas and 200 sun beds, so they can always find a spot near the sea.Inside the restaurant you will find a designated space in order to change your clothes and dispose of the sea salt.Every year the beach of Platis Gialos receives the E.U. certificate for its crystal clear and clean waters.Each evening YEFSI RESTAURANT offers traditional Greek entertainment with music and dancing.This truly unique dining experience along with a wide range of cocktails gives a new meaning to the Mykonian night.
Milan, Italy
“Back to Yefsi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

On my second trip to Mykonos off season, this time, I had the opportunity to enjoy the sea views and the delicious cooking on a more relaxed setting. I liked the vibes of the summer parties, but in October, taste is the top attraction. I focused on the meat, and I appreciated the chef's adaptability to my requests. I have travelled a lot and I know how hard is for a restaurant to adopt the cooking to the special tastes of its guests. You say raw, and they bring you medium, you say welldone and you get medium. At Yefsi, raw is raw, medium is medium and well done is well done. Well done guys! And thank you for the bottle of wine on my last day. I will be back next year.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
“Fish rules-why go to an island if not try to its fresh fish and seafood...?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014 via mobile

I was in mykonos in September and still remember the unique flavours of Greece.Freshly squeezed lemon and extra virgin olive oil is all you need on a grilled fresh fish and the chef at Yefsi seems to(at last) realize the simple truth of gastronomy.I loved it.The staff was eager to help,sometimes too eager for my taste,but this would not extract a star from my review.I give five stars to this amazing restaurant and look forward to going back next year,with the hope that it will not change a thing.

• Visited September 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Avoid this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

My husband and I are just back from a fabulous weeks holiday in Mykonos, we decided to stop of here for a bit of light lunch and a couple of beers(mythos). We decided on a gyros and 2 mythos, they where nice but at nearly €30 they should have been gold bloody plated, we were not impressed at all with the price for what we had. Will not be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Big Tourist Trap!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

Decided to enjoy drinks with my wife. Not offered a menu to verify prices because the waiter was the 'Menu'. 4 Euros for a water, 8 Euros for a beer and 5 Euros for a coffee. (I should have told them to shove them). You will be very disappointed!!!

• Visited September 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“GO SOMEWHERE ELSE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

I will never go to this bar again. We walked past at 11am on a Saturday morning and the staff member named "Sony" tried to get us to stay and sit on their sun beds on the beach. We said no we were going to the place next door and he said that we could have two glasses of wine "on the house" if we stayed. We sat down and the wine was brought out to us and we were immediately charged 13 euro. I then said to Sony that he said they were on the house and he immediately became aggressive and refused to admit he lied to us. In hindsight we should have got up immediately and refused to pay. Disgusting service, and after reading the other reviews on here about them I am not surprised. Don't go here, the bar directly to the right is much cheaper and has great service.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere