“Our third year at Acrogialli” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #9 of 23 hotels in Platys Gialos
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Our third year at Acrogialli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Third time we've been here and once again found the service, staff and rooms perfect again.
Everything is on hand and the staff and family cannot do enough for you.
Hotel bus picks you up from the airport only 10 mins away. local bus stop to Mykonos Town is just around the corner. The hotel restaurant serves great food and good service from the waiters.
Will be back in 2014.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have the best views of the garden
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I started staying at the Acrogiali in 1976...when the kids now running the hotel and restaurant were just babes! The owners...Geroge and Johanna...are delightful and will do anything they can to make your stay enjoyable. The courtyard rooms are lovely and the sea view rooms go quickly. The breakfast on the patio each morning is abundant and the restaurant for lunch or dinner is a fine place to dine! If you stay at the Acrogiali. you can use the beach chairs and umbrellas for free. There is also free transportation to and from the airport. The have a computer in the lobby guests can use and their is wi-fi at the hotel. The hotel is right on Plati Yialos beach...where you can catch the boats to more secluded spots, catch the bus to town, and even hike over to Paranga or Paradise beach. You'll love your stay!

Room Tip: If a sea view room is available...snap it up!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here at the end of August for 10 days and it was just what we needed! When we arrived a porter was waiting to wheel our bags to reception to check in and then took them up to our room for us (I've never had this in Greece before!) All the staff were very friendly. We got a high floor room as requested and it was very clean with very comfortable beds and a large bathroom. Some people have said this isn't a 4 star hotel but you have to remember this is Greece so the standards aren't the same as UK, US etc. I can honestly say it's the nicest room I've ever had in Greece (and I've worked out there so have seen quite a lot!)
Breakfast was a good buffet with plenty of hot and cold to choose from and the Atlantida restaurant attached to the hotel is lovely, we ate there on several occasions. Can highly recommend the mussels in tomato and feta!
Sunbeds on the beach right in front of the hotel are free and all you have to do is press a button to call the waiter to bring food/drinks to you!
This is a very quiet place to stay with just restaurants along the beach so if you fancy a bit more of an atmosphere in the evening then head into Mykonos town on the bus which you can catch from just round the corner from the hotel and runs every half hour til 2am for only 1 euro 60. Mykonos town is gorgeous with tiny, narrow streets like a maze and lots of nice shops. Go there to see the sunset which is beautiful!
All in all I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to chill out and get away from it all. We booked it after reading all the good reviews on here and so glad we did!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I just checked out of the hotel and thought it was important to write a review as my experience at this hotel was outstanding. It started with the included airport shuttle picking me up at the airport and bringing me to the hotel. The service was personalized and they quickly and efficiently checked me in, gave me a quick tour of the hotel, ensuring to show me where breakfast would be served and the hours of breakfast and then brought me and the bags to my room. The room was not overly large but since i was travelling alone and the room was a single it was perfect for me. It was clean, cozy and had everything I needed. I was worried about he hotel not having a pool, but it was right on the beach with nice and free of charge sun beds for the hotel guests. There was a wonderful ocean view from both the restaurant and the breakfast area. The hotel even proactively called me the night before my check out to arrange my shuttle to the airport the next evening and stored my luggage until my evening flight so that I could spend the day at the beach. The staff were fantastic from start to finish and all spoke English which made things so easy as I speak not a word of Greek. If you are looking for a luxury 5+ resort, this may not be your choice, however I would highly recommend for those looking for a hotel with a great location, beach and service that is beyond exceptional. I have no complaints and the fact that I am writing this review from the beach outside hotel Acrogiali should speak volumes!!!

• Stayed September 2013
london UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

You know it s a good place when lots of the the locals holiday here.

This hotel location, staff and facilities were excellent. Our welcome was friendly and they gave us a good room with all the requirements we requested.

We stayed for a total of 7 days and it was completely blissful. We spent a lot of time here at the hotel because it was so convenient and there were loads of places to have a drink or have something to eat. Just a short walk away was the shuttle that went into Mykonos Town regularly. This holiday was a relaxing one so it was perfect that were away from the hustle of the town centre. When we wanted the hype and party atmosphere we went, when we wanted a lovely meal and a quiet evening by the beautiful sea we stayed on Platys Gialos.

I would recommend this hotel for families. couples, friends of my age - it's one of the most relaxing breaks I have ever experienced.

Highly recommended

Room Tip: All rooms have air con but be specific about what bed you prefer: twin beds/double
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We ended our 1 month visit in Greece on the beautiful island of Mykonos. We arrived via sail boat into the new harbour. I wondered at the time if it would be better to stay downtown instead of Platys Gialos but so glad we chose to stay at the beach instead of downtown. It was easy to get into town for shopping and eating with the local buses that ran every 30 minutes till 2am. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. There was a free shuttle pickup and they also took us to the airport. We had an amazing view from our room. Room was clean with a good sized double bed and a very large bathroom. The nicest room we had in all of Greece. As we stayed at the hotel the beach chairs were no charge and the best feature of all the beach umbrellas have a call button for food and drink service, fantastic :). Good food as well.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My fiancée and I booked a three nights stay in August at this hotel after reviewing all the positive reviews on trip adviser. Before we arrived we contacted the hotel and we were happy to know that there is a free shuttle available to pick us up from the ferry docks where we would be arriving from Athens. Once we arrived the driver was there and informed us that there has been a mistake with the reservation and for the first night our reservation was lost and he drove us to Pelican Bay hotel instead. Pelican Bay hotel was a great hotel but I have to say it was a bit of an inconvenience to unpack for one night and pack again the next day to our original hotel. The driver picked us up the next day and took us to Acrogiali hotel which is located right on the beach! I was a bit disappointed to know that they could not offer us an ocean view room even though they made a mistake with our reservation. But our room was clean and had a garden view. This hotel is so convenient and it's a great feeling to step out of the room and walk right on the beach! It is located on Platys Gialos beach which is a beautiful beach. I would say its more of a family/ couple beach rather than a party beach like paradise. The great thing is that there was a boat available on the beach where for 5€ per person a speed boat was available to take you to an other beach like paradise beach or super paradise beach. The bus to take to Mykonos town was steps away from this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful when it came to giving direction. The breakfast was decent with good coffee.

Room Tip: I suggest if you want an ocean view room in this hotel you inform them in advance and not at the cou...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Acrogiali Hotel? Share your experiences!